Alpha Rewards?

skycreationsskycreations Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152451Members
I Purchased NS2 in Alpha. I have the Original Black Marine. I'm looking to get some light on how reinforced is affecting my status in the community. It looks like I can access the new shadow skulk and marine models - both of the new ones. I don't appear to have the side badges and I wouldn't know were to look for extended tracks. Not that I expected to get anything but I'm curious where to look and how UWE is treating their original contributors. I'm also curious is Alpha Contributors have or will get badges? I fully intend on donating again to reinforced and was hoping to see the ability to get "Onos" again.

Any words or thoughts are appreciated.

Elysia

Comments

• NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    Alpha/Beta participators also already got the digital deluxe edition free, with Soundtrack/"Artbook" PDF/Backgrounds

Also being able to select every armor/skulk type is a bug, everyone can do it, and it dosent actually change ingame

And the only badges of know of right now are the Reinforced badges (Heard constellation badges are being worked on too). Doubt there will be a "Alpha test badge"
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    You get their eternal gratitude, isn't that enough?
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Current badges that work on official servers:
    -All reinforced badges
    -Pax badge
    -Playtester/Maptester badges

Not sure:
    -Constellation badge
    -Phase 5 badge
    -Purple skulk badge???

Also, I doubt they will add any new tiers to Reinforced without an option for existing purchasers to upgrade... and that would take a lot of effort. Alpha players received the Black Armor (if they choose that option) AND a free copy of the game. Seems like a pretty nice thank-you already.
  • skycreationsskycreations Join Date: 2012-05-22 Member: 152451Members
    It doesn't feel like eternal gratitude when they release more at a cost. I paid a lot more that 25$ for the game and this game goes on sale at least once a month it feels like for 50% off. The only real perk I got was to play and unfinished game which ran at 7 fps and honestly is nothing like the original- and an in game model which is about to loose recognition when mixed in with all the others. Guess I'm over reacting but it just seems that what seemed like a constellation effort to raise money to build NS2 is now an ignored past and reinforced is the "new" constellation effort.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Just ignore my post, k

(Also the Spec ops marine is still cooler than everything out there)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    If it helps, I would rather have the black armor...
    @Nazo I 'm not ignoring you. I'm happy you would rather have the Black Armour I'm just saying that it seems unfair to people that originally invested into the game. I feel like Shadow Badge gets a lot more than SE people did. Either way I can assure you when I got this game everyone had Black Armour and it took a lot of time to get new players and loose SE players to look unique. the same will happen to shadow badge but I feel will lessen the uniqueness of the original SE. Either way like I say I plan on donating but feel cheated none the less.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Cheated? Really?
    SE pre-orders received a defined set of perks + the game.
    Reinforced donations get you a defined set of perks. And they had to buy the game first.

What "lessened uniqueness of the original SE"? NOBODY will ever have an opportunity to get the Black Armor and you got all the goodies from the Deluxe Edition for free.

Donate, don't donate, feel unique however you want.
    Thanks all for the input and the answers to my questions.

Elysia
  • KalabalanaKalabalana Join Date: 2003-11-14 Member: 22859Members
    Since buying the black armour edition, and considering my playtime hours are in the quad digits, I feel cheated out of nothing.
    My black armour is, in my opinion, the most exclusive skin in this game. Barely more than half the price of the shadow tier, which I still may donate to.
  • o0bero0ber Join Date: 2013-09-11 Member: 188132Members
    Beta suits need to get a cosmetic upgrade, those goggles are kinda ridiculous.