Version mismatch?

SchleppySchleppy Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155181Members
So I'm renting a server from a company that shall remain unnamed for now. I'm having a problem that my server won't allow anyone to connect due to wrong version. I get the what I assume is the default message in game when I try to connect. I can connect to any other server just fine but this one not so much. The last messages in the console are:

Error: file 'lua/SoundEffect.lua' failed consistency check
Error: Client class hierarchy for sound_effect does not match server class
Error: Failed to read Server class table on the client.

I had 2 friends test this, and they all get the same messages as I do and can all connect to other servers just fine. No mods installed on the server as I wanted to be sure the fresh install was working properly first. Their tech support tells me SteamCMD say's the server is up to date.

I did some poking around, under NS2/core/lua my files on my client were all updated last on 9/5, but those same files on the server have varying dates of "last modified" over the last 6 months with the file I mentioned earlier (lua/soundeffect.lua) last being updated in May. It makes sense the files don't match so my question is anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

Comments