Natural Selection 3 ?

majorpainmajorpain Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187515Members
How would you like it to play out?

For me, maybe being a little ambitious with my wishes here, would need a new engine to make it a reality but......
I would love to see it play out on the scale of Planetside 2, think of the battle scenes from Starship Troopers. Oh Yeah.....

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    majorpain wrote: »
    think of the battle scenes from Starship Troopers. Oh Yeah.....

... and then imagine being a skulk in that fight. ;)

Honestly, I'd just like to see the final pieces of the NS2 puzzle put into place before worrying about NS3. There's life in this old dog yet, provided we get some performance boosts (among some tweaks to stop gameplay getting stale).
  • majorpainmajorpain Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187515Members
    Yeah i know dude me to, would love to see it taken in that direction in a year or two.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It would be a prequel!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2003-11-28 Member: 23688
    I'd like to see ns2 properly polished and its gameplay "finalised" first.

However if NS3 becomes a thing, I'd like to see a slightly larger, terrain based game with the same rts/fps principle. Instead of fighting over res points you'd fight over small bases/fort areas of strategic importance. They could be fortified by either side and of course could include a res point within it. I'd say 64 player max, which works well for other fps games that have open gameplay.

New alien lifeforms would be obviously needed due to the more open/larger playing field. Combat would still be very much player v player, gun v mouth, but each side could have some form of squad transport. Marines could have some kind of space jeep and aliens a large lifeform that could transport smaller/slower life forms (larger/faster lifeforms wouldnt need it).
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    not like i have a history of doing so :P but i agree with reeke ...lets all continue to focus on NS2.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited September 2013
    majorpain wrote: »
    How would you like it to play out?

For me, maybe being a little ambitious with my wishes here, would need a new engine to make it a reality but......
    I would love to see it play out on the scale of Planetside 2, think of the battle scenes from Starship Troopers. Oh Yeah.....

Oh, god, make the pain stop. Have you learned nothing from the experience so far?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited September 2013
    If they make an ns3 I'd want them to abandon ns2 and just have ns3 be a direct improvement on the engine, but I don't think it will happen and don't want an ns3 to happen
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    A single player campaign would be great... but that's the stuff Activision and EA can churn out on a yearly basis because they employ teams of well above 500 developers...
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it is still far too soon for ns3. Ns2 wasn't in the works until 2006. NS had been out since 2002. I would rather they polish ns2 and hopefully branch into other games and show us what they are capable of while still maintaining support for ns2.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Natural Selection 3 - MMORPG
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Something for wii u...

Amirite?!
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    if they stick to their engine it should be a multiplayer game again. you cant speed map levels with the sdk, unless they improve it a lot.
    right now there are only 2 games (as i know - ns1 & ns2, savage 2) with a real hybrid fps / strategy gameplay style,
    so it would be probably a hybrid of this kind again.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    Aliens vs other aliens? Thinking Zerg vs protons instead... Maybe a prequal where the kaharra already destroyed an advanced civilization...
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    I'd like to see cookies shipped out with ns3, gorge shaped ploxx.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Would it be a bad thing if UW was bought and a much larger team developed - still involving UW guys - NS3 with an existing well functioning engine?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    The next game UWE makes will be a new IP i believe.
  • ChikunChikun Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178729Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You play as a skulk Detective named John Danger McBadass and you've seen it all. From busting Gorge prostitution rings run by mafia hive minds, shutting down a resource sludge smuggling operation run by fades using oni as muscle, to stopping terrorist lerks from poisoning delicious humans to prevent consumption by orphaned baby skulks. The scum of the galaxy won't rest until you're dead and you're all too eager to leap into action and take a bite out of crime.

Coming way too soon, it's Natural Selection 3.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    NS3 released late 2014. Finally done balancing mid 2018.

In the end the Marines jump higher than the Skulks, the Fade costs a lot and hurts a little, oh no wait that's NS2.
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS3 should be a Casual game released on Mobile platforms utilizing Micro-transactions and Targeted Ads to shift the Big Data Paradigm to the Cloud to enable best of breed analytics and push holistic and Hyperlocal Value Add Solutions and move the industry into new revenue streams... synergy... umm... Brand... and so on.
  • zimzumzimzum Join Date: 2004-09-02 Member: 31200Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sounds like Lucas's draft for the next Star Wars.....
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I think there's really some solid ideas here, would like to see these fleshed out.

And @Chikun everytime I see your dang avatar I crack up, then get creeped out. Sometimes in opposite order.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited September 2013
    Roobubba wrote: »
    There's life in this old dog Skulk yet

Fixed that for you ;)

@Kamamura ...Heinrich?

Also: Natural Selection 3D! Because that name is so creative!
  • jolonne5jolonne5 Join Date: 2013-08-27 Member: 187103Members
    a ww2 first person shooter please
  • clankill3rclankill3r Join Date: 2007-09-03 Member: 62145Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would prefer a new project untill ns2 is getting really old.
    However if ns3 pops up soon then i would like it to focus on underwater world.
    Where gameplay is vertical, marines start at the top of the sea and aliens at the bottom.
  • jolonne5jolonne5 Join Date: 2013-08-27 Member: 187103Members
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    clankill3r wrote: »
    I would prefer a new project untill ns2 is getting really old.
    However if ns3 pops up soon then i would like it to focus on underwater world.
    Where gameplay is vertical, marines start at the top of the sea and aliens at the bottom.

Don't take the route xcom is going. We would have to wait another 15 years for a good game.