[NEED DEV ANSWER] Crash after 15-20 munutes of gameplay >

Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Hi , since update 254 , NS2 run on my computer keeps constanly crash , after that a Debugger window show up >> Sending report

since that im allways have to play game >> crash >> re-join server that hopefully can save some resource :))

Before that this game run fine , thanks for your hard work but i think UWE realese patch too rush so cause many players get bugs
Hope you guys dev team can carefully look back on the next future patch :))

P/s : Build 255 come with new Error :D ( Fatal Error)
fd2a21037894d61279acecb09b53f1.bmp

And still here is my 3rd Build 255 random crash "techsupport.zip" without any window pops up

Added minudump inside that already , plz "Iron hippo" solve my problem so i can play with out worry crash :D

Comments

• majorpainmajorpain Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187515Members
    Same dude we are not alone :)
  • Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    im already start NS2.exe with bat file and set it on high priority CPU , but still crash after about 20-30 minutes of gameplay =='

Help me , im need some game-developers SERIOUSLY ? any one ?
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    open up the task manager when you are playing. its very likely that your ns2.exe overloads with ram (itll crash around 3,5 gb).
    there is a memory leak problem when you alt tab while using fullscreen mode.
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131696/memory-leaks-while-tabbed-out-in-fullscreen-windowed
  • PattyDaPlayerPattyDaPlayer Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187346Members
    edited September 2013
    I have the same problems as OP.
    There seems to be a memory leak outside of what Gamerkatze said. In my experience fullscreen mode and no alt tab has a memory leak and windowed mode has a memory leak. No matter what settings I set it to there is a memory leak and an eventual crash.

• DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Try running a CPU and GPU temperature logging program. While normally overheats tend to cause a reset or shutdown, it's possible they could be a factor in this given the timed nature.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    From your logs:

Error: Sound 'sound/NS2.fev/ambient/spooky_music_summit' couldn't be loaded (Not enough memory or resources. )

So basicly, what they said. There is a alttab bug, I think it was windowed mode only but not sure, and they are working on it.
    Do NOT alt tab if you dont check memory now and then, especially if you only have around 4GB of it.
    The memory problem as seen in the OP's logs are something I am also experiencing.

@Draptor: looking at my CPU and GPU temperatures is one of the first things I checked. They are not the problem.

@DC_Darkling: From my experience there is a memory leak no matter setting I set it to. Windowed mode or fullscreen mode and NO alt tab still eventually see a crash after 20 minutes which lead me to believe there was a memory leak in the game no matter what. Yet people only talk about the alt tab leak?

Sorry don't mean to hijack your thread OP but I have the same problems and your thread is the only one to stay on the first page while all others with the same problem seemed to have been ignored and buried.
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    @OP according to your system files you are using a 32-bit OS. It is very likely that your system runs out of memory when you are playing ns2. you could try tunring texture streaming off and see if that makes a difference.
  • TheMuadDibTheMuadDib Join Date: 2013-09-02 Member: 187685Members
    Hi, I have the same problem, can't play much more than 10 minutes after the "update". 32bit Windows 7... Is there an ETA when the likely memory leak bug will be solved?
    edited September 2013
    Im not Alt tab when playing games =='

becuase when Alt + Tab or Windows key >> lead to another crash error : "Awesomemonium.exe has stoped working"

Every time is a crash , but im still enjoy this game thought :D
    Just want UWE to realese patch fix on next update build 255 , not "Reinforced Model and Skin is our priority"
    Texture streaming set to off or on will result in a crash either way.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If NS2 crashes, do not close any windows, even if its a black screen or error.
    Navigate to your NS2 install folder and run techsupport.exe. This will make a potentially large dump file (inside the zip that techsupport.exe makes, there will be a folder called "minidump") that you can then upload to somewhere online (like Drop box) and provide a link to it in here or to a dev. This dump file is the fastest, most accurate method to catch a crash!
  • mechlordxmechlordx Join Date: 2013-09-05 Member: 187821Members
    He did do that...
    Also, here's mine. Same problem. I've tried everything, the known fixes and other thread suggestions, including the common suggestions of deleting a bunch of various different folders and reinstalling (4 times).
    For my own sanity, I have to add that it does seem to only happen when something cool is about to happen.
    Getting rushed and just got enough resources to go Onos? Crash
    Wandered into the alien base and no one is guarding it? Crash
    I'm sure I've pissed off a lot of people by disconnecting at very inopportune times.
    It crashes within a minute or on loading the game in Vs. Bots. This time it crashed, but then went back to NS2.exe and let me play for 10 seconds before crashing crashing.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @mechlordx No he didn't, and neither did you. Else there would be a "minidump" folder in that zip file. ;)
    If the exe spits out an error while making the dump file, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Attempted to follow IronHorse's instructions. When my game crashed and the debug report came out I let the program hang and ran techsupport.exe. Half way through gathering the data ns2 and the debug report closed automatically by itself and a few seconds later my whole computer froze.

Will attempt the process again later.
    I followed that process (like when I created that zip) and that's what the techsupport.exe creates. If what you need isn't in there, then techsupport.exe is also broken.
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok done and done... here's the link for my crash. Same crashes as the OP as well as a crash that happens during a map load (around when pre-cashing starts).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsye6hvdv3e1a3n/tech_support.zip
    edited September 2013
    In build 255, it still crashes as usual but I get 3! different crashes at the same time. 2487884 bajillion or whatever bytes unable to allocate, this just crashed send an error report, and awesomium stopped working. I'm assuming it's mostly due to the memory leak but this is a new thing as before it just black screened and asked to send error report. If this "minidump" isn't in there, it got sent in a report under my e-mail.
    Build 255 >> Still crash , my computer have to restart and not even get into my computer icon to navigate folders

I hope UWE can imporve these problem rather than " New Skin"
    New error and my techsupport.zip :)) along with b255
    Im still using DX9 , low all effects and run in 800x600 resolution >>> still crash like Cluster Greande :))
    @goliath vietnam is this crash the "failed to allocate # byes" issue?
    If so i wish to close it and consolidate all updates to this one thread.
    From what I understand the allocate # bytes error is new to build 255 (at least I didn't get it till then). This thread was created during the crashes of 254 and didn't have this error message. Right now half the time I would get the allocate # bytes error and the other half I would just crash randomly with no error message or a generic send debug report thing.
    im not gonna give up with this game ... but this is so un-comfortable for players like us

1/ Start Steam
    2/ NS2 click play
    3/ Play one match >> maybe random crash or just play fine
    4/ Loading to next map >>> Crash with NS2 has failed to locate bla bla and now will terminate :))
    5/ Ctrl+alt + Delete >> End task >> Re-join that server .......
    edited September 2013
    @Goliath closing this thread, please continue to track your issue in this thread instead.
    From what I understand the allocate # bytes error is new to build 255 (at least I didn't get it till then). This thread was created during the crashes of 254 and didn't have this error message. Right now half the time I would get the allocate # bytes error and the other half I would just crash randomly with no error message or a generic send debug report thing.
    They received 100's of the crash logs.. only 255 finally displayed the proper error.
    More logging on the way it looks like. Something to do with fragmented memory.

This discussion has been closed.