new update

Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
A new update just came out with all the new Armour. And it is saying I have black Armour is this a f@#k up? :o

Comments

• SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    A new update just came out with all the new Armour. And it is saying I have black Armour is this a f@#k up? :o

Its the reinforcement rewards. One of the rewards for shadow was the elite assault marine skin.
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I know that but it is saying that have black, assault marine, elite assault marine, and deluxe armour
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    255 Changes from codechanges so far:

-added Badges
    -added Skins
    - Added Nickname (?)
    -some Improvements to the skillsystem
    -Credits xd
    - Overall Fixes and Improvements and Balance Stuff (look at Balance.lua)
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    You donated willingly without knowing the rewards (or at least one of them) involved. Good on you, OP. :)
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's a bug...many of us saw this thread coming...just not this fast :D

You don't actually have black armor, it just didn't hide the option correctly yet.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    Crashed out from my 32 player box during a full game and now I can't get back in because I have 255 and server is at 254... BOOOOOOOO!

I can't update the server box because it's packed and I don't want to kick everyone HAHAHHA :)
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    From what I can tell, my deluxe armor was overwritten by the basic assault Marine. Both options bring up that skin. Not a huge loss, but a possible bug.
  • VengaboyVengaboy The Swamp Join Date: 2013-08-24 Member: 187053Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This saddens me. I was also fooled until reading this
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    where is the new shoulder pad?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Rammler wrote: »
    where is the new shoulder pad?
    Its in there..
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah sorry. I found it. Just was confused because i thought there would be a setting in options too ;)
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Woot, shadow skulk! :D
    Are there really balance changes and peformance improvements in 255?
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    How about everyone just hold their horses and wait for that beautiful changelog
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    No changelog? CrushaK, where are you man... we need you :p
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Rammler wrote: »
    Are there really balance changes and peformance improvements in 255?

Balance:
    -kStompDamageType = kDamageType.Structural
    	+ kStompDamageType = kDamageType.Heavy
           + kEchoWhipCost = 2 from 1
          + kEchoHarvesterCost = 2 from 1
          + kWhipSlapDamage = 50

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How much did whips do before? I honestly have no idea.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Pulse grenades have a proximity fuse so if you miss by a small amount the grenade will still detonate for splash damage and debuff effect.
    Alien players can click on the map when in the respawn queue; they'll respawn at the closest available egg to their preference.
    Uhh let me see if I can remember anything else X_X
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Blarney_Stone. I believe it was 50 for slap, and the bombard damage was toned down between 250 and now (can't remember to what).
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    red on black is vastly inferior to gold on black.
    edited September 2013
    Well, in the meantime, while I wait for this changelog I do believe it's time to put on some black armor and run around under the name of "Black Armor Blarney." 'Tis the only chance I'll ever get.

EDIT: It won't actually show up? Aww man this was my only chance....
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    For those unfortunately away from their rigs and need a dose of elite/assault marines ;)
    edited September 2013
    How much did whips do before? I honestly have no idea.

It was 50 before i just copy/past code changelog (whipdamage now is also stored in balance.lua so maybe changes in future (?) )

• NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013

I suggest you read the post Hugh made 3 hours ago on NS2 front page regarding the release of B255. And if you read, it will say;

''The in-game menu currently allows you to select, but not play as, armour types you do not have access to (e.g. a player who bought the game yesterday can select Black (Special Edition) armour, but it will not show up in game''

• ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Nazrudin wrote: »

I suggest you read the post Hugh made 3 hours ago on NS2 front page regarding the release of B255. And if you read, it will say;

Aaah, the post that was made after this thread was started. I think OP sooner got the answer from the replies in this thread.