Another "game crashes cant play" *MOSTLY RESOLVED

2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited September 2013 in Technical Support
Ran beautifully before 252, 540 hrs, now cant play at all. Have tried opengl, dx9, 11. If server doesnt disconnect before I join (differing server files error), I get black screen in RR, if i can join a team after that huge waste of time, i can only stay runnin for maybe 30 sec. Hopped in to comm alien, had no map/hud/build menu. Sometimes closes w/ out sending off error log.

Have verified cache, no mods running.

Windows 7 pro, 32 bit
intell i3-2100 @ 3.1 GHz
4 gig ram
geforce gtx 550 ti

Log attached.

Comments

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    254, small improvement but I also had to turn all settings all the way down to get any functionality. Still crashing about 5 min in, though. unplayable D:
    Tried to take some screenshots in game of some of the bugs i'm experiencing, but somehow not a single one has been saved since 252 (I know I took several, maybe it's because of the crashes?). Happening in modded and non-modded servers alike.

Super disappointed, have spent like 3 - 4 hours just tryin to get some semblance of a game goin only to get a couple 5 min runs here and there. O, and the one game that finally loaded and was runnin the most solid was an unfortunate troll comm, had to leave. I cant be the only one havin this problem.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    Can you try this with the two mods you run at start up disabled and report back on it.

That ought to fix things.

• 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Have since deleted entire workshop folder (since after some crashes it appeared that mods were turned back on somehow) per your tech report post and am still having issues. Have tried again all 3 rendering methods and each one ends in crash (dx9 working best right now). Just now tried to load Biodome in sandbox and crashed before it got to rr, not sure if it even started precaching. Subsequently steam has now been freezing and crashing along w/ ns2 especially when the crash comes w/out an error log to submit. Here's new tech support info from about 2 min ago.
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If you only delete them they will get redownloaded.
    You have to unsubscribe them in the Workshop and then delete.
    Thank you for the suggestion JCD, have deleted and unsubscribed to all mods. Game runs sliiightly better (in sandbox so far at least) but I'm still ending in crashes and more and more textures go missing. Not to mention dropped about 20 fps.

Still need some help. It's broake, halp!

Tech support ran right after last crash.
    Alright, so I saw someone had said that entering r_mt false helped them out.

Not sure if that's what did it, but fiiiinally got to play first round on biodome and some other maps afterwards. Still experiencing crashes, but I can frag alright.
    Alright, SOOOOOOOO tired of crashing EVERY game! If I'm comming, late game when I need to be keepin up w/ stuff - crash. Mid to late game - random crashes. Seriously hope a new build is coming out fast and that it addresses this. Have to try to rejoin server after restarting ns2, closing it, then restarting it again to get myself to d/c from serv in first place, hope that the slot's not taken, and hope my team didn't crumble in the minute or two that I'm frozen, stuck in chair and unresponsive AND hope I can even get back in chair.

Really have not had crashes like this since before I upgraded my vid card, used to be able to run everything full (except bloom, ambient occlusion). Currently dx9 I get crashes like every 5 - 10 min, dx11 is surprisingly more stable. But, ultimately, it crashes. D:

Frustrated :-\ Anybody found any fix for crashes yet?
  • Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nope... trust me I'm sure we're not alone... I can't even play my favorite game for more than a couple minutes before back to the desktop I go.

When you crash you should not exit out of anything (don't close the crash error window or the game). Go straight to the ns2 folder in the steam programs folder and do the TechSupport.exe then. This will create a dump file in addition to your system specs, that the devs can use to kill the bug causing this crash. This .zip tech support file will be too big to put in an email (mine was 454 Mb). You might need to use a shared link like dropbox and put that link in here or email it to tech-support@unknownworlds.com.
    @Side1Bu2Rnz9 thanks for the tip, will do next time I crash.

Kinda funny, kinda sad that I actually get less crashes in combat right now! Haha I can sometimes get a good 3 - 4 rounds before crash there.
    DX9 full dump w/ ns2 running.
    DX 11 full dump w/ ns2 running. Posted both, not sure if they show same information, but would really appreciate some input.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    TY @2cough for those logs.
    devs are on this as i type.
    @IronHorse thanks for lettin me know. In regards to my other post, I'm runnin 32 bit, all settings have been lowered entirely, streaming on. I'll post bytes failed to allocate next time(s) it happens in the other thread.