Where are the Reinforcement Program rewards?! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• Goliath VietnamGoliath Vietnam Join Date: 2013-01-07 Member: 178080Members
    UWE , plzz fix bug and crash firts , we dont want "New Content + Error"

take your time but please fix random crash and performance as your priority :D
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Perhaps we could make another small donation that would go towards speeding the process of Reinforcement reward creation? ;-P
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    When are you going to fix gun "jamming"? Do I have to buy Super Elite Black Rooty Tooty Point and Shooty™?
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    james888 wrote: »
    coolitic wrote: »
    Is it me or is the shadow skulk harder to see? Reward or not, the re-skins better not give other players any unfair advantage.

Is it harder to see the alpha black armor? Yes. Does it really make any kind of big difference in game play. Nope.

Big difference between a skulk and a marine. Aliens have vision modifiers that make it easier to see marines, and marines aren't so effective at hiding to begin with. Skulks are designed for hiding and the default purple skulk skin blends in well in a lot of places. Although, I will say that the shadow skulk is more likely to be slightly EASIER to see than the default.
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hugh wrote: »
    Bump for comment thread! Also... It's so good to be back in the office!
    speaking of taking time...how's it going with opening that mystery box? ;P
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Damn, and I was waiting to get my hands on NS2 today.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    sotanaht wrote: »
    james888 wrote: »
    Is it me or is the shadow skulk harder to see? Reward or not, the re-skins better not give other players any unfair advantage.

Is it harder to see the alpha black armor? Yes. Does it really make any kind of big difference in game play. Nope.

Big difference between a skulk and a marine. Aliens have vision modifiers that make it easier to see marines, and marines aren't so effective at hiding to begin with. Skulks are designed for hiding and the default purple skulk skin blends in well in a lot of places. Although, I will say that the shadow skulk is more likely to be slightly EASIER to see than the default.

Yeah, while Shadow Skulk will probably hide better in dark spots, in return it doesn't blend so well in brighter environments. Older maps tend to be on the darker side, but more and more of the new maps are very bright, thus giving better camo for a lighter Skulk.
  • KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow

I turn shadows off, am I cheating other players and getting an unfair advantage? Better VAC ban me.
    Get a grip
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I didnt even realise it was supposed to be out. :D

Take what ya need id say.
  • GinasticGinastic Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168125Members
    Obraxis wrote: »
    It wont take weeks to get the rewards out guys. Can't say for 100% certain due to the nature of patches, but it's pretty damn soon. :)

Blizzard "soon"?
  • WiseguyWiseguy Join Date: 2005-07-24 Member: 56645Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kilo wrote: »

I turn shadows off, am I cheating other players and getting an unfair advantage? Better VAC ban me.
    Get a grip

Damn, better turn up my gamma before I get accused of hacking as much as this guy....... ^^

• current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2013
    Kilo wrote: »

Get a grip

• HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @shonan an @cyberkun, why did you flag @kilo's post. I think he has a good counter-point for the "advantages" of the shadow skulk and I definitely see no "abuse" in his or her words.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited September 2013
    Husar wrote: »
    @shonan an @cyberkun, why did you flag @kilo's post. I think he has a good counter-point for the "advantages" of the shadow skulk and I definitely see no "abuse" in his or her words.

He has a terrible point. Equating content you must pay $75 for to something you an enable/disable in the options for free is just silly. Fact is IF it is harder to see it will be an advantage to use to some degree. I personally haven't seen it in the game and from the only pic i saw it actually looked easier to spot. I'll make up my own mind when the content gets released and use whichever one.

And keeping the competitive mindset I was actually wondering about the hitbox a few days ago. I was thinking the extra little spikes on him could be shot but was told the hitbox is the same (thankfully).
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    current1y wrote: »

He has a terrible point. Equating content you must pay $75 for to something you an enable/disable in the options for free is just silly. Fact is IF it is harder to see it will be an advantage to use to some degree. I personally haven't seen it in the game and from the only pic i saw it actually looked easier to spot. I'll make up my own mind when the content gets released and use whichever one. I was actually wondering about the hitbox myself. I was thinking the extra little spikes on him could be shot but was told the hitbox is the same.

So it only counts as an advantage if you pay for it. Ok, nice logic.
    edited September 2013
    Imbaxlax wrote: »

He has a terrible point. Equating content you must pay $75 for to something you an enable/disable in the options for free is just silly. Fact is IF it is harder to see it will be an advantage to use to some degree. I personally haven't seen it in the game and from the only pic i saw it actually looked easier to spot. I'll make up my own mind when the content gets released and use whichever one. I was actually wondering about the hitbox myself. I was thinking the extra little spikes on him could be shot but was told the hitbox is the same.

Yes. He said unfair advantage which is what I was responding to. Nice reading comprehension.
  • Wang TangWang Tang Join Date: 2004-08-18 Member: 30699Members
    edited September 2013
    Purposeful misunderstanding? If everyone can have the advantage, it is not an issue, because, well, everyone can do that (see: turning off shadows, adjusting gamma, etc.). If you pay for something, and get an advantage out of that, it truly is an "exclusive" advantage (see: P2W).

Note that I am not discussing whether shadow skulk is an advantage or not, have to see that in-game first.

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013

Well, whatever point he might have had was pointless when he tried to set up a strawman that anyone who is worried about the skin being unfair wants to VAC ban him for not using shadows. This is added where instead of acting like there might be a fair reason to think that, he told us to get a grip, aka our worry is wrong. Not only was the post stupid, it was abusive.

On his point, most comp games are played with super basic settings to make it easier to see the game itself. Shutting off shadows being one of the possible choices one could make. It is also an option everyone can make. 75$ skin is not something everyone can use though. I like and will use the skin, but talking about the comp balance of it is 100% fair.
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited September 2013

Yes. He said unfair advantage which is what I was responding to. Nice reading comprehension.

Is any advantage not gained through personal skill or experience not an unfair advantage?

Or are you referring to the fact that everyone can resort to flat shaded environments if they so please? A convincing argument to be sure.

Regardless, he was making no mention of the legitimacy or nature of the advantage. He was simply pointing out that there is no advantage worth considering.

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Imbaxlax = Imbalanxd for everyone who hasn't caught on.
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Imbaxlax = Imbalanxd for everyone who hasn't caught on.

AND BANNED. THNX BRO THERE GOES MY LITTLE BABBLER PICTURE

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    :) I would have already if i thought it was necessary.
    Strofix was a failed attempt, though.. please try better this time, friend.
    /off topic discussion
    edited September 2013
    Wang Tang wrote: »
    Purposeful misunderstanding? If everyone can have the advantage, it is not an issue, because, well, everyone can do that (see: turning off shadows, adjusting gamma, etc.). If you pay for something, and get an advantage out of that, it truly is an "exclusive" advantage (see: P2W).

Note that I am not discussing whether shadow skulk is an advantage or not, have to see that in-game first.

It is an issue, it just might not be the kind of issue you are talking about. See alien vision pre 252.

Oh, and in games like DayZ, where many players play purely for the immersion factor and therefore specifically choose not to up their gamma, it becomes a very big issue. That's why my definition of an unfair advantage is one gained not through personal skill or experience. Because giving people the option to play at a disadvantage is not a good thing.
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wang Tang wrote: »
    Now that's a quite an idea.
  • BrackharBrackhar Santa Monica Join Date: 2003-10-26 Member: 22004Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos
    Gonna rock that shadow skulk all day long once it comes out.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are there any news when the shadow skulk and marine skin will be released? thought they just need to fix some bugs and little errors
    @rammler there's no ETA per se, but the devs are working (And checking in things to the build) as i type this... so not long hopefully.
    So i think its fair to say: More than an hour, less than a year? :-j
  • unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    Please do not release this at the detriment of server performance. Please PLEASE test it from a server admin point of view as well. Another bad patch will kill communities.
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @rammler there's no ETA per se, but the devs are working (And checking in things to the build) as i type this... so not long hopefully.
    So i think its fair to say: More than an hour, less than a year? :-j
    i am not good in waiting. like a child on christmas i am counting the hours till i can try the new skins :D
  • KiloKilo Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187529Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Wang Tang, @current1y @CyberKun Your trying to say my point isnt vaild because I'm reffering to a free option to gain a (potential) ingame advantage while the other guy was reffering to a paid one. Ok lets say I play NS2 on a 12" monitor but my friend could afford a 21". Is that not fair because he's paid to play the game getting better vision than me? No of course not and what you've said against @Imbaxlax is completely irrelevant.

@CyberKun You said "he told us to get a grip, aka our worry is wrong. Not only was the post stupid, it was abusive."

Firstly whos this us? I told YOU to get a grip. Secondly how is telling you that your "worry is wrong" abusive?

Oh and while we're being pedantic, personally I find coolitic's original post of which I was replying to "the re-skins better not give other players any unfair advantage." more aggressive and abusing than anything I said. The words "better not" sounds like a threat to me. So like @Husar I also dont see why my post was flagged as abusive, not that I care.