[Debian 12.04 LTS] Maxunit's Bug Reports

MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2013 in Server Discussion
I changed the Topic Title, since I report things, people respond, things might get fixed etc.

Heyo guys,

So...the Linux bins are out in the wilds, escaped the cages of the Development Zoo.

I seem to be able to launch a NS2 Server, but loggin in into the Web Admin won't work. I tried it with the .htpasswd file, but also with a single-user sign on as plain text in the command line options. I go to the Web Admin address and enter the username and password, but I cannot log in.

Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong? :/

Greetings,

Maxunit

Comments

• MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also: the Server starts, but!

Whenever I press Q, the server exits. This is annoying as hell. CTLR+C is supposed to quit the server, not just pressing Q.
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    What are your webadmin options? Mine works just fine, but I haven't tried the .htaccess method yet.

Make sure the commandline options are read correctly and the port isn't blocked by iptables (but it shouldn't unless you've set restricive rules)
  • MaxunitMaxunit Join Date: 2005-02-01 Member: 39414Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2013
    I tried this command line:
    ./server_linux32 -name \"[VGU]Natural Selection 2\" -config_path \"/home/servermanager/steamcmd/ns2/config\" -modstorage \"/home/servermanager/steamcmd/ns2/Workshop\" -logdir \"/home/servermanager/steamcmd/ns2\" -mods \"706d242 5fd7a38\" -webadmin -webdomain 5.9.122.34 -webport 8888 -webuser Herp -webpassword herpdiderp -map ns2_biodome -ip 5.9.122.34 -port 27015 -limit 18

Are those strange slashes, like for the server name, required?

Greetings,

Maxunit

EDIT:

Works now, after I removed the .htpasswd file, which I tried to use in the first place for multi-user auth. Forgot to remove it. Blame my tiredness.
    I use this topic for further issues and questions.

I am running a Server now with Shine Admin. In the Console Log, it says stuff like:
    Error writing config file: config://shine/BaseConfig.json: No such file or directory

Might it be, that such Workshop mods are not yet compatible with the Linux Build?
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maxunit wrote: »
    I use this topic for further issues and questions.

I am running a Server now with Shine Admin. In the Console Log, it says stuff like:
    Error writing config file: config://shine/BaseConfig.json: No such file or directory

Might it be, that such Workshop mods are not yet compatible with the Linux Build?

File writing/paths for configs are bit broken on Unix. Copy it over from a windows install. Mods will work however, u just need to fix the configs for the timebeing
    Thanks for the infos. Might install a NS2 Dedicated on my local machine then and run it once to get the configs.
    Found another issue, but do not know, if it also happens on Windows Servers:

If you activate a Workshop Mod using the -mods command line (and also tick the checkbox in the Web Admin), the mod stays active for one single map. It is disabled again after mapchange.
    Found another issue, but do not know, if it also happens on Windows Servers:

If you activate a Workshop Mod using the -mods command line (and also tick the checkbox in the Web Admin), the mod stays active for one single map. It is disabled again after mapchange.

Does that only happen if you also tick the checkbox in Web Admin? Because my mods stay active, even after mapchanges.
    I cannot really check it right now, what happens, if do not tick the checkbox. Right now, the Server runs with the -mods parameter to load Shine Admin and Shine Admin was activated in the Web Admin as well, but was deactivated after a map change. I will check it later, if Shine Admin gets disabled, after a round ends.
    Also make sure the ns2 server has write permissions to the mod folder, that was causing mods deactivate earlier for me (can happen easily if the user you set things up is not the same as the user you run the server with)
    edited September 2013
    I don't really know, what happened, but Shine Administration is installed twice, for some reason.

Folders:

m706d242_1377951597
    m706d242_1378073361

both contain Shine Administration.

I think, I will shut the Server down in a moment and remove all mods from the Workshop Folder and let it re-download the subscribed mods. (Shine Admin is downloaded via the -mods parameter, the server has it not subscribed)

EDIT:

On another note and a new tiny bug I found in the Web Admin (in Google Chrome and Opera on my PC. Resolution: 1920x1080):

If you just started the Server, it most likely is emtpy. No issues in the Web Admin.

If people join (even one single player is enough), then the player count, uptime, tickrate and ressource count values get de-placed. A bit more to the left than usual and below the other values.

This can also cause display issues with the Performance Tab. The dynamic Image on the Performance Tab might vanish.

It is a problem in /ns2/web/css/bootstrap-responsive.css, value:
    .container, .navbar-fixed-top .container, .navbar-fixed-bottom .container {
    width: 1170px;
    }

I had to change the width to 2200px, so that it works properly, like this:
    .container, .navbar-fixed-top .container, .navbar-fixed-bottom .container {
    width: 1200px;
    }

edited September 2013
    I cannot really check it right now, what happens, if do not tick the checkbox. Right now, the Server runs with the -mods parameter to load Shine Admin and Shine Admin was activated in the Web Admin as well, but was deactivated after a map change. I will check it later, if Shine Admin gets disabled, after a round ends.

I think now know what the difference is, wiki documentation seems to be bad at some point.

In MapCycle.json add:
    "mods": [ "modidshere" ],

-mods will only get the mod for the first time on server start up
    Thank you for the headsup. I thought, that this might be the issue. Will modify the MapCycle.json. Also, the css fix above for the Web Admin...I need to investigate a bit more, since it was displayed broken again, even with a width of 1200px. 1210px fixed it this time. Might the the lenght of map names etc. I will play around with the width value until I found a proper solution (or ask my brother for a proper one, he is web designer).
    edited September 2013
    I added a MapCycle.json into the /config/ folder, since I specified the configs to be stored elsewhere and not in the main directory.

Shine Admin configs are loaded fine, if Shine is being loaded.

Right now:

I have the -mods parameter to load shine and let it update on server start, in case if an update gets released.

I have not ticked the Shine Admin checkbox in the Web Admin. I just created a MapCycle.json with the following content:
    {
        "mods": [ "706d242" ],
        "time": 30,
        "mode": "order",
        "maps":
        [
    		"ns2_biodome",
    		"ns2_descent",
    		"ns2_docking",
    		"ns2_mineshaft",
    		"ns2_refinery",
    		"ns2_summit",
    		"ns2_tram",
    		"ns2_veil",
        ]
    }

Let's hope, that Shine Admin now runs at any time.
  • ionfluxionflux Join Date: 2012-11-24 Member: 173039Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    how to enable console?
    I do not know, if the console works on Linux using the -console command line parameter.

It works on Windows Dedicated and also worked on Linux machines, if you used WINE and a Desktop + VNC Server to access the Linux machine on the Desktop and have a graphical interface.