"PercentNeeded": 0.75,
"MaxStoredRounds": 5,
"BlockTeams": true,
"AlwaysEnabled": true,
"VoteTimeout": 60,
"RandomOnNextRound": true,
"FallbackMode": 5
}

It only gets enabled if people vote for it from the menu OR if I do sh_enablerandom true in console.

Is there a way to have it enabled for every round without the need for people to vote?

Comments

• MavickMavick Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168138Members
    I don't believe so unless you manually type sh_enablerandom with the permission. And honestly I would recommend you not try to find a way to force it each round if there is one. There is something to be said for letting people determine their own fate, even if it ends in an imbalanced round every once in awhile. Advertise the fact that there's a score/rank based random and let the population decide how to deal with it. If they get stacked teams too often they'll start using it. It works best that way imo.
  • SjNSjN Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11983Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I am planning to have 1 server with forced random based on rank, the rest will remain unforced. And I intend to add it to the server's name the fact that it's always random based on rank. I know many players who will appreciate this kinda server.
    edited September 2013
    I thought "AlwaysEnabled": true should keep random on for every round, but it didn't do the trick.

"AlwaysEnabled Forces teams to be shuffled at the start of each round and disables the vote."
    I belive always enabled just means the vote option, but I could be wrong. That terminology is actually not what I've seen but I haven't looked at the latest few Shine changelogs.

And more power to you, your server your choice. I was just throwing that out there from my experience :)
    Nevermind. it started working now. :D:D:D
    Oh yeah, probably should have mentioned nothing Shine related kicks in until a map change. Probably what did it for you I would imagine.