Anyway to rolback to the 251 build?

LingosLingos Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176896Members
edited September 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
I get constant disconnects and constant crashes on this build, just want to know if there is some way to play build 251 purely for playability reasons. I know when I was running build 251 there were some 249 games still going on.

I know the devs put alot of sleepness nights to get this build released but this build is frankly unplayable for me.

Comments

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Only way would be via a mod, but I don't know if it exists, or even if the recent changes did not make such rollback impossible.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2013
    It's near impossible to roll back now. Yes, there was ns2_249 but that is broken beyond a fix, at least I'm not bothering to fix what was just a temporary mod to help people switch over. Besides, that wouldn't get rid of the performance problems anyways so I have no clue why you would want to go back. Just wait a couple days. I know you can live without NS2 for a couple days.
  • LingosLingos Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176896Members
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    It's near impossible to roll back now. Besides, that wouldn't get rid of the performance problems anyways so I have no clue why you would want to go back.

false.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I guess your problems are a result of the engine changes, which you can not roll back. Give UWE a detailed error report in the tech support sub forum, if you haven't already and wait for them to fix it.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Wheeee wrote: »
    Pay 75000 to be uwe dev for a week?

Good idea! Once I develop that oil shale deposit in my backyard, I will rent them for a whole year!

• AnthyrAnthyr Join Date: 2013-09-03 Member: 187742Members
    I've updated my 249 version mod. Runs now in version 254 too, will fix some minor bugs in the next time but should be already good playable.