Reinforce rocks

gileymangileyman Join Date: 2004-09-06 Member: 31432Members
I've never had so many balanced games since I've played NS2. Great job!

Comments

• MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Tbh there hasn't been much whining in total. You guys are just soft. :P The forum atmosphere is pretty good, even in the "complaints". Or maybe I'm just forum-battlehardened from the other 99% of game forums.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    yep, once the mouse input and performance things are adjusted I'll be happy; whole patch was great overall and glad everyone is enjoying biodome! you should also be thanking the multiple mappers who worked hard on the map!
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    For all the crap I've been giving the patch it's actually pretty solid, performance aside. The alien commander has gotten much, much worse due to some changes that I disagree with, but I think the new abilities have improved field play for both sides and I think that the game is in about the best state it's ever been. Biodome is excellent, Onos feels useful again, Lerk has been improved and feels more versatile, and the grenades add a new level to the combat experience. Good job UWE (for the most part).

Performance still needs to be raised to acceptable levels and the khammander needs some serious tweaking (or complete restructuring) but the game is in a fairly good place right now otherwise.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The grenades are the most SATISFYING THINGS EVER

Does their damage scale with weapon upgrades btw?
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am happy with this patch other than the performance issues.

The only thing that would have made it better was if they gave the fade its unique movement system back. Bunnies still bad.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    I'm withholding judgment until my mouse is fixed, content wise. balance and performance wise, my position is pretty clear.
  • SammyGSammyG England Join Date: 2013-05-07 Member: 185160Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yeah I am really enjoying this patch I must be honest, and other friends that I have helped fix their performance problems are really enjoying some great games. I really like the new fade, its in a pretty good place now and after testing in pcw's it is still pretty strong. It does have it's issues though.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    edited September 2013
    I may complain about things like AV or performance, but as always UWE is doing a good job, hand granades, contamination, vortex,Exo dual purchase are nice additions (may need tweaking)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    There are a few things I definitely don't like about the latest patches, but at the very least I can say "it's not as bad as the balance test patch".
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Its the nature of gaming forums. People raise there concerns and cry foul alot more often than spend time praising stuff done right. Wich isnt a bad thing realy, bugs gets reported and fixed faster when the community finds stuff not working and write it here.
    Ofcouse its allways nice for me a forum mod to see "you done this or that right treads" as a break from the "negative"(and constructive) feedback.
    And the forums here are serves a far better community than forinstance wow, dota or lol. I think its a total hell to manage thoes forums.
    edited September 2013
    Hey the WoW priest forums weren't too bad, I should know given my 3000 or so posts there before I quit. Overall though each subforum generally formed it's own minicommunity, with general discussion being something not unlike 4chan's /b/ with more moderation.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    This is actually a very nice community, small and tight-knit. If you want, you can keep track of all threads.

Other forums, on the other hand, drive you insane.
  • TouchitTouchit Join Date: 2013-08-10 Member: 186716Members
    Only played a couple of games over the weekend as I didn't have much time to play, and both matches were over 45mins long! Both games were a ton of fun. Only got to play as those dirty aliens and not the marines! The grenade's are a major game changer imo. Taking down alien armor grenades are just evil and makes me miss when whips would slap back those nades.

Didn't see them but I hear we can have DUAL Rail Guns! Sploosh! (Watch Archer to understand that)

The new Alien Vision is awesome! Much more detail and extremely useful.

Keep up the great work kids!
  • WolffieWolffie Join Date: 2013-09-02 Member: 187710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    love the grenades as a marine loathe them as alien keep up the great work
  • StolidStolid Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170135Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The grenades are fantastic but everyone goes straight for the cluster nades, which in my opinion aren't really worth the 3 res, the only time a cluster grenade did anything for me was when I threw it at an Onos and it exploded on impact, doing about 1k damage with the initial and extra explosions. It seems I'm the only one throwing down nerve gas grenades. They're godlike for defense and help a push like you wouldn't believe. Aliens with no armor = shooting fish in a barrel.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited September 2013
    The game can't evolve without community feedback. At the end of the day, the developers decide if and what gets changed, but its the collective voice of the games community that helps sway their decisions. If all they got was blind praise, there would be no drive to fix anything. Expansions aside, why touch it if its perfect. Right?
    edited September 2013
    This is actually a very nice community, small and tight-knit. If you want, you can keep track of all threads.

They drive you insane because the developers don't care, hence why forums like seen at

valve
    hi-rez (who shut down their forum)
    activision
    etc etc

all have forums filled with straight outrage, mainly because they're being ignored/having issues being ignored/nobody replying to anything

Just take a look here, and it's not even a screenshot, I guarantee every time you click on this link you'll see 40% or more threads with outrage: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ezekel wrote: »

They drive you insane because the developers don't care, hence why forums like seen at

valve
    activision
    etc etc

all have forums filled with straight outrage, mainly because they're being ignored/having issues being ignored/nobody replying to anything

Just take a look here, and it's not even a screenshot, I guarantee every time you click on this link you'll see 40% or more threads with outrage: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/

LOL you're right

Well, I know the Star Citizen forums... It's not that the devs don't care - at least they act like they do. It's just too many people and too many fanboys. And too much passion.
    And not enough moderation.

It's like the sheer amount of people brings out the worst.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited September 2013

valve
    activision
    etc etc

I'm afraid the 40% of your link currently pales in comparison to this one:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/4920/discussions/
    Its unfortunate, but will hopefully improve with future patches.
  • SykomykeSykomyke Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20316Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I have to agree, Reinforced brought me back to NS2 after taking some months off. I just hope to see the community grow larger and more donations come in to help the game grow!

valve
    activision
    etc etc

I'm afraid the 40% of your link currently pales in comparison to this one:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/4920/discussions/
    Its unfortunate, but will hopefully improve with future patches.

Interesting but what I linked was the only forum for that game, this is generally the main forum for ns2; sure that forum should be looked at.. but personally I'd just disable that entire forum and leave one sticky or link that re-directs to here

And yeah this patch was a butt-kicker for perf problems
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    It's definitely unfortunate that those performance issues crept in, but overall, content and balance wise, it's a great addition. I especially love the end game tech boost for aliens, contamination in particular. Oh, and biodome might become my favorite new map as well. :)
    Stolid wrote: »
    The grenades are fantastic but everyone goes straight for the cluster nades, which in my opinion aren't really worth the 3 res, the only time a cluster grenade did anything for me was when I threw it at an Onos and it exploded on impact, doing about 1k damage with the initial and extra explosions. It seems I'm the only one throwing down nerve gas grenades. They're godlike for defense and help a push like you wouldn't believe. Aliens with no armor = shooting fish in a barrel.

Cluster nades are good for clearing clog walls and floor-based hydras. It's always nice to carry one if you are making a push in order to clear obstructions without having to have a flamethrower.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    anyone have stats on the grenades?
    I would like to know the initial damage of the cluster and its radius,
    And also how much armour the nerve gas takes off.
  • GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Biodome is absolutely awesome. It's a great map, mostly visual, but I also have had some great games on it. That alone is enough for a great update, but the other stuff is very welcome as well. I really like getting webs back. They might be a bit late game, but I'm looking forward to seeing them more.

And it's really nice to follow the reinforcement program, and see more people donate every day. Great game - Great community.