Massive FPS loss, and Weird Mouse Movement

XeperwocKyXeperwocKy Join Date: 2013-08-03 Member: 186548Members
Anyone else experiencing this?

Feels like mouse filtering or something weird was turned on. My movements don't feel that reactive. I have filtering turned off. Tried raw mouse input as well with no results.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Salraine_ChiSalraine_Chi Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107669Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I have this too. Its hard to describe but it feels like my mouse is tracking on a slab of ice. Feels floaty and less precise.

On a diff topic, my HD sounds like a Tibetan Throat Singer when loading and while playing ns2. Fine with every other game. Starting to worry me.
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah... the weird movement I get from the mouse messed up my aim. I thought it were to fast moving in a way so have been slowing down the sensitivity in-game, but it's to slow when I play aliens kind of, haha. So need to change every time I change team.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    lwf wrote: »
    You're not alone.

dam damm DAAAAMMMMM
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • NazrudinNazrudin Join Date: 2009-09-17 Member: 68811Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Welcome to the club..
  • ShnagenburgShnagenburg Join Date: 2005-07-04 Member: 55235Members
    For the mouse, head into the options, turn on mouse acceleration and turn off raw input
    Apply and close, then reopen the options, turn off mouse acceleration, turn on raw input.
    That fixed the mouse issue for me.
  • Martin7Martin7 Join Date: 2012-03-04 Member: 148108Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Game is unplayable at the moment for me because of this issues, hope they´ll fix it soon.
  • LORFCASTERLORFCASTER Join Date: 2010-06-13 Member: 72049Members
    Might as well give your basic system information with posts confirming that you are experiencing the problem. So they know what setups are having the issue.
  • Spiker101Spiker101 Join Date: 2012-03-16 Member: 148869Members
    So is it me or is the new skulk movement kind of laggy? like there is a delay between directional changes? Also the bit is like 1/4 sec behind?
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    It's not just the Skulk, there is input lag for everything. It's a bug introduced with the latest update, we can only wait until they fix it :(
    why do they feel like the need to revamp movement everytime they update...everytime i get use to it there is another update... seems like a waste of resources
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Lower your settings, or go lower than before. The mouse input jerkiness/lag was connected to performance for me. If you're not getting more than 70-80 FPS it'll probably not be good. Hoping for a quick fix.
    at one point I had 180 fps ...now under same setting I have like 60...
  • Psychosis - PsiPsychosis - Psi Join Date: 2007-11-13 Member: 62903Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've noticed enabling triple buffered vertical sync smooth out the framerate and the mouse lag. With it disabled it feels like there's latency on mouse input (even with the raw input fix) and when moving fast it also have this stuttering feeling even the framerate is high.

I hope they get the performance back they had in 251.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited August 2013
    Everyone playing has input lag/delay right now as far as I know (including every person I talked to on my friends list), anyone who doesn't notice it simply isn't aware/caring of input

I'm sure they're working hard on a fix, I personally couldn't play with it because it felt like I was running v-sync (which you should never use in a competitive fps game.. ever)

edit: the current mouse delay will probably feel worse with lower frames, but I tested in a closed room @ 200 fps and the delay is still present so there's an actual issue with input, framerate low or high doesn't matter (even though it will feel worse if your framerate is dropping below your refresh rate)
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    I agree, with high FPS it still doesn't feel like before, but it's much better than with low FPS.

Fundamentally, there's some problem with input (linux... somebody said they changed the input method for compatibility reasons), so hopefully it'll be fixed sometime. Kind of unfortunate when they're asking for money tbh. -_-
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    ezekel wrote: »
    Everyone playing has input lag/delay right now as far as I know (including every person I talked to on my friends list), anyone who doesn't notice it simply isn't aware/caring of input

I'm sure they're working hard on a fix, I personally couldn't play with it because it felt like I was running v-sync (which you should never use in a competitive fps game.. ever)

edit: the current mouse delay will probably feel worse with lower frames, but I tested in a closed room @ 200 fps and the delay is still present so there's an actual issue with input, framerate low or high doesn't matter (even though it will feel worse if your framerate is dropping below your refresh rate)

I...really am not feeling the input lag, at all. Didn't even have to do the settings toggle fix.

EDIT: Also the only fps loss I got was swapping to DX11 (but it feels smoother so w/e), although sometimes when I first get into a map it's UNBELIEVABLY choppy for about 20s before it comes good.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Problem has been found (hopefully this is the only cause). Fullscreen is NOT true fullscreen. It is fullscreen windowed or very close to.
    I have a fully backed up 249, I threw Biodome on there, and well...

249 fullscreen http://imgur.com/a/lwckS 249 fullscreen windowed http://imgur.com/a/lyRbv 254 fullscreen http://imgur.com/a/DogFK

Look at 249 fullscreen windowed and 254 fullscreen. Almost identical.
  • skav2skav2 Join Date: 2007-05-28 Member: 61037Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I found that switching to windowed full screen fixes this weird framerate loss and mouse lag
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    SamusDroid wrote: »
    Problem has been found (hopefully this is the only cause). Fullscreen is NOT true fullscreen. It is fullscreen windowed or very close to.
    I have a fully backed up 249, I threw Biodome on there, and well...
    I knew it!!, check your alt tab :) Working like window screen and before there was memory flush when you go to windows and console flood "Error: Couldn't initialize the render device."
  • ReubotReubot Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162374Members

Hmm yeah I remember I had this same kind of input lag when I tried windowed fullscreen a couple of patches ago. Hopefully they can fix this soon, as currently the game is unplayable.

• lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation

I could never run NS2 in a window/windowed fullscreen in any build. It had to be in exclusive fullscreen mode or it would stutter and exhibit input lag. Now it's like that either way, so this makes some sense.
  • zeepzeep Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3367Members
    Interesting find. I wish i had 249 backupped too.
  • lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members
    Alt + enter (makes game fullscreen) in menu :D Works for me, no input lag :D
    lotnik190 wrote: »

Nope doesn't work here. Maybe you're just imagining it?

I can't understand how such a serious bug got through the playtesting group..

• lotnik190lotnik190 Poland Join Date: 2013-08-31 Member: 187394Members

OK, it doesn`t work for me too :(( Just smaller lag, but still too big.
    Switching from dx9 to dx11 fixed it for me... weird...

Now that I can actually play the game, I'm starting to realize how shitty move it was to nerf the AV..
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    Reubot wrote: »

Nope doesn't work here. Maybe you're just imagining it?

I can't understand how such a serious bug got through the playtesting group..

Just because something 'gets through' doesn't mean we missed it. We in fact found it in 252 and it's been difficult to track down for the Devs (especially with Max away at the moment). A number of things were tried to improve the situation and for a few people on certain configurations it's better. Others not. Sometimes fixes are elusive or hard to fix and take time to fix properly.