Reinforced Expansion Released! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• G1RG1R Join Date: 2012-08-23 Member: 156275Members
    Hm..update changes sound good on paper. Played a few minutes ..quit again. Sorry ..it's just not fun to play with that performance. FPS going from 25 to 75 the whole time ... this choppiness sucks hard. I know u are a small dev team and everything ..but cmon.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Wheeee wrote: »
    spent 75 bucks. haven't been able to play biodome yet. FFFFFFFUUUU

Performance on Biodome seems to be a lot worse than on other maps at the moment. Still needs optimization, I guess.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    I really like the Reinforcement Program. I think it would be better if there were more tiers - the jump from $75 to $333 is kind of big, and the jump from $333 to $1,500,000,000 or whatever is huge. But I don't know a lot about the economics of Kickstarter-esque stuff so I might be totally wrong.

I'd buy into Reinforcement right now but I kind of don't want one of those badges showing that I'm spending more money than I should spend on a video game. It would be nice to buy it incognito.
    You still can take the first tier.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Wheeee wrote: »
    spent 75 bucks. haven't been able to play biodome yet. FFFFFFFUUUU

Performance on Biodome seems to be a lot worse than on other maps at the moment. Still needs optimization, I guess.

Dem mappers are talking about their magic right now
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    It's BADASS isn't it? :D but don't forget about the other rewards, just take a look at the Elite Assault marine! It will be fun to watch competetive matches with those skins.
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    ****Big issue**** (prob mentioned before)

Bullets shoots well above the actual crosshair now!
    As nearly outside the default LMG circle crosshair
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    ****Big issue**** (prob mentioned before)

Bullets shoots well above the actual crosshair now!
    As nearly outside the default LMG circle crosshair
    Yes this is just an issue with the female marines, and should be fixed in the next hotfix update.

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    AceDude wrote: »
    It's BADASS isn't it? :D but don't forget about the other rewards, just take a look at the Elite Assault marine! It will be fun to watch competetive matches with those skins.

I play Marines? Ho ho ho.
  • schuschu Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154768Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can't believe how well the reinforced donation installment is doing. A lot of people are supporting UWE for the immense work they do.

Oh looks like I donated as well :>
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zomb3h wrote: »
    How come the pistol weapon sounds in the trailer is different from the actual game? I WANT that pistol sound >:

Does anyone have an answer? I'm DYING HEREEE
  • HivelordHivelord Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17567Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Onos disappeared amazingly fast. I also ended up accidentally buying two Shadows... due to google wallet being a failure. Will just have to gift one to a friend lol.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    $333 onos sold while I was sleeping.

I hope some tiers appear between $75 and $333, and $333 and $8000. Such a massive jump.
    Oh well, shadow bought! Seriously deserved.
  • |DFA| Havoc|DFA| Havoc Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68375Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Disappointed that the Onos tier sold out before I even knew it existed. Settled for buying shadow tier and more steam copies to give away.

I am frustrated with the current patch and the direction of development, but I still love UWE and I've spent a ridiculous number of hours playing this hot mess.

Plus, I figure things won't get better unless we continue to give our support. So, there you go.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Any tier with a gorge plushy, of course. I think you guys should put in more onos, only 25 is really low for your ultimate goal of 550000$

By the way, what does that goal signify? some new feature? continued ns2 development?

• Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    @AceDude - I think some obvious tiers would be related to the alien life forms, other than the skulk. Shadow Gorge, Shadow Lerk, Shadow Fade, Shadow Onos... and perhaps Elite Command Station and Elite Hive, so other players know what a bada$$ commander you are. :)
  • |DFA| Havoc|DFA| Havoc Join Date: 2009-08-07 Member: 68375Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Also, forum badge isn't working for some reason. What am I missing here?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Link at the bottom of the page on the humble bundle page, takes you to a private link on this website where you enter your profile details.
    Jekt wrote: »
    Link at the bottom of the page on the humble bundle page, takes you to a private link on this website where you enter your profile details.

Yep, did that. Tried entering my forum handle the first time, which I think it didn't like. Changed it to my associated email address, still nothing.
  • AceDudeAceDude Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 61994Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Havoc - send me your email used for payment or the key you got from HB, I'll check it out.
  • Super_GorgeSuper_Gorge Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184212Members
    Did the devs code anything to slow down/prevent stacking?

I see it's free weekend. I'm predicting without some form of anti-team stacking that this promotion will have the same effect on player populations as the last ones.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    58.2mb was downloaded. This must be the hotfix mentioned.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How come the pistol weapon sounds in the trailer is different from the actual game? I WANT that pistol sound >:

Does anyone have an answer? I'm DYING HEREEE

No idea, but I want it too. It sounds so much better!
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IS SHADOW SKULK IN YET?
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Did the devs code anything to slow down/prevent stacking?

I see it's free weekend. I'm predicting without some form of anti-team stacking that this promotion will have the same effect on player populations as the last ones.
    There is no hard coded system to prevent this outside of the normal voting and server moderation tools being properly utilized by players and admins to make sure the game stays fun for everyone. However, we should see the problem of new players getting repeatedly kicked after loading on reserved slot servers disappear as the new reserved slot system is already in place as of 252.

As always, veteran members of the NS2 community should do their best to be patient with the newbies as they learn the ropes. It's a tricky game with a lot of different game systems going on and a lot of complexity to learn.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Wooo, bullets go where they are supposed to and the FOV was fixed for the female marine.
  • Super_GorgeSuper_Gorge Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184212Members
    edited August 2013
    Narfwak wrote: »
    There is no hard coded system to prevent this outside of the normal voting and server moderation tools being properly utilized by players and admins to make sure the game stays fun for everyone. However, we should see the problem of new players getting repeatedly kicked after loading on reserved slot servers disappear as the new reserved slot system is already in place as of 252.

As always, veteran members of the NS2 community should do their best to be patient with the newbies as they learn the ropes. It's a tricky game with a lot of different game systems going on and a lot of complexity to learn.

Then sadly, this free weekend is going to fail. I think I'm going to stay out of it. I don't want to see ANOTHER round of veterans pub stomping. Ultimately I feel that is the #1 deterrent to retention. When veterans are getting outrageous K:D scores, it just ensures that new players don't stay. We've already seen this repetitively. Until UWE does something about this, the game is destined to die quickly. I guess we're in store for another round of 70:1 KD on pub stomping.

I totally agree with you on trying to help new players. But it doesn't take many veterans out to stroke their egos to ruin the game for many players.

Darn, it's already happening:

From the Steam Forum:

"didnt happen to me but ultimately i didnt find the gameplay to be all that fun, would be nice to have some servers with nothing but weekenders cause the regular players just destroy us"

Let the pub stomping weekend begin....and keep the game on the player decline. What a mess.