Reinforced Expansion Released! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Narfwak wrote: »
    CrushaK wrote: »
    wulf wrote: »
    Sammey wrote: »
    Wulf, just buy the Game Director Badge, and you can MAKE them put the bindable mousewheel in it!

I would do something much worse than implementing the sinister mwheel if I dropped that kind of cash

A Spark-powered virtual sex simulator with Oculus Rift support, featuring an Onos and the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D?
    (They didn't put up any disclaimers about the game)

dem nacelles

I feel like Penny Arcade are trying too hard to be funny nowadays. But that strip was a good one.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Okay, now I'm informed^^
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    someone lend me the money for a the director's badge, so I can have UWE make the NS-themed 2,5D MetroidVania sidescrolling platform shotter thingy I always wanted!
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    I think the Game Director Badge is completely OP, fix pls! [-O<
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Settled for Shadow-Tier since Onos was out by the time I read this :C. Pretty slick incentives though. This was the only thing I could possibly imagine that could work well for this game.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    POST CAUSE SHADOW EDITION

@Biz

Go become game director, and force them to make the game in your vision! (as much as possible in 5 days)
  • RioSRioS Join Date: 2003-11-12 Member: 22652Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    At the moment the input lag made the game unplayable, but I hope this will be fixed quickly.

The new alien tech tree is really bad, the alien team is a pack of different lifeforms, you don't want to commit all on one. You want to pick usefull upgrades for your strategy, not all possible upgrades for a lifeform.
    Drifters for 8 ressources ? Really ? This is crazy it's just a drifter !
    It would be more coherent to increase harversters price than drifters.

Commander have no ress at start and drifters can't be used in combat till they cost 8 ress. So alien commander will just go bite RTs... This no ress commander is really a bad idea and has no point.
    In competitive games, I really don't think I will stay in hive smoking cigarettes and drinking beers. I want to be usefull.

I like the eject on Exos and the new upgrade system.
    I just don't understand why shotguns got only 6 bullets ? What's the point of that ?
    I don't know yet about grenades and catalists, still need to try out.

I played a little bit on Biodome and it seems to be a great map. I need to play it more to get more feedback on it.

I hope my feedback will make you think again about the balance. You should take a look at the NSL Summer Cup balance mod, some of these balance changes was really good.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited August 2013
    GJ on the updates (minus the input lag :p ).
    Any chance of more payment options for the reinforcement program?

Connected to this: why not put the reinforcement program tiers on Steam??? 1000 times more people will see them (right now they're well hidden deep on the website) and the payment stuff is also solved. The extra 30% steam cut (not sure how much paypal etc take) will be easily made up for this way.

Reinforced - Supporter Badge
    Reinforced - Silver Badge
    Reinforced - Gold Badge
    etc.

as classic optional DLC on Steam.

Why isn't this a thing?

• wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    Onos went out pretty qucikly, UW should definitely add some more.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    How much was the onos badge? Also I'm probably going to get one of the badges, but as a college student I can't see myself getting the shadow badge T_T

I'll try and save for it though!
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    I can see the first slide of Hugh's post-mortem presentation

"Should have made more onos badges"
  • partyskulkpartyskulk Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184749Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    hozz wrote: »
    Connected to this: why not put the reinforcement program tiers on Steam??? 1000 times more people will see them (right now they're well hidden deep on the website) and the payment stuff is also solved. The extra 30% steam cut (not sure how much paypal etc take) will be easily made up for this way.

Reinforced - Supporter Badge
    Reinforced - Silver Badge
    Reinforced - Gold Badge
    etc.

as classic optional DLC on Steam.

Why isn't this a thing?

yes pls

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Will probably buy shadow tier if this is still going on in a couple weeks.
  • LoBo_ktjLoBo_ktj Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187206Members
    lots of ppl have mouse bug after last update :(
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Like the idea of the reinforced program, but there really needs to be a special button on the main navigation page above for it so its more obvious.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    @ezekel they were $333.

No way I would pay that, but if 25 people snatched up those badges within the hour they were available then I can imagine how many more players would buy them if more were added.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    wulf wrote: »
    @ezekel they were $333.

No way I would pay that, but if 25 people snatched up those badges within the hour they were available then I can imagine how many more players would buy them if more were added.

oh that's an insane price, nevermind
  • Taz-Taz- Australia Join Date: 2003-11-26 Member: 23597Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Is there any plan to post-date donations constellation members gave to keep the company afloat 10 years ago?
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    My thoughts while purchasing: "253 is crap at the moment. Here's my money, make it better."
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    $(40+75)/229 hours played, I think 50 cents an hour is a pretty damn good deal.

Too bad you can't have multiple forum badges though, I lost my consti badge!
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    The Onos Badge was really expensive ($333) and the only reason I bought one was because it was so limited. While I understand that not everyone had an opportunity to buy one, if more are added it diminishes the value and I would be a bit disappointed in my purchase.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Add a different tier if you have to, don't add more of the same ><
  • PopturePopture Join Date: 2012-11-22 Member: 172879Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Supported, as always. You're great game developers and wonderful people.

It may be worth you sitting down with a business development manager and have a think about the future though.
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So how are you going to sell 29 artbooks if there are only 28 printed?
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How come the pistol weapon sounds in the trailer is different from the actual game? I WANT that pistol sound >:
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If anyone buys game director, tell them to remake NS 3.2, and make sure its a 1:1 remake
  • RockyMarcRockyMarc Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69519Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Still waiting for that rabbit karate game we were supposed to get when we pre-ordered NS2 way back when... :)
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Let me summarize my feelings about the last patch with a short movie:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7QWGZbb-g9w
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    spent 75 bucks. haven't been able to play biodome yet. FFFFFFFUUUU