Reinforced Expansion Released! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    For some reason I can't bind nordic keys (åäö) anymore, dunno.

Dual railgun charging mechanic is REALLY weird, I guess it would be way OP if you could reload both rails simultaneously, but I just can't shoot with it. xD

Anyways, AWESOME UPDATE, and I'm so getting that shadow thingy. :P
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would love me some Elite Assault beefiness, but I would like to have more info on what that money is gonna be spent on. Like with the kickstarter. I bought the game several times already, support the community as much as i can, but feel like if you are asking for 550000, I need more info to be part of that. Like Sabot, game promotion, lifeforms, weapons, balances, new PR guy, etc? You have to have some idea what are you gonna do for next 6 months? And if you cannot reach the goal, what would happen then? I have the feeling from the video, you are asking us to back-finance the last 6 month of the development? Are you out of money?
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    biz wrote: »
    where can I donate for the "please put someone who knows how to play multiplayer FPS games in charge of NS2" badge?

I might have further supported development of NS2, but then there was the whole "you will get used to the new alien vision because it will make you will appreciate our artwork" thing
    That's the top tier donation option actually...
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    peregrinus wrote: »
    Aliens not ragdolling: I killed a fade which was crouching and it didn't ragdoll. The model didn't disintegrate for a while either. Saw the same thing happen to an onos which was killed using bone shield.
    PhysX turned on in settings?

By the way, are you really going to do a free weekend with these horrible lags right now?
    It's like you hate getting new players or something, like the last sale when the tips were outdated and stuff. Maybe it's your bad luck, I don't know.
    Fix this shit, please.

No gorge plushies even on Game Director level? Scaaaaaaaam.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    wulf wrote: »
    Sammey wrote: »
    Wulf, just buy the Game Director Badge, and you can MAKE them put the bindable mousewheel in it!

I would do something much worse than implementing the sinister mwheel if I dropped that kind of cash

A Spark-powered virtual sex simulator with Oculus Rift support, featuring an Onos and the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D?
    (They didn't put up any disclaimers about the game)
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    biz, just buy the Game Director Badge, and you can MAKE them put the old alien vision back in!

hmm.. dejavu..
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Wulf, just buy the Game Director Badge, and you can MAKE them put the bindable mousewheel in it!

I would do something much worse than implementing the sinister mwheel if I dropped that kind of cash

A Spark-powered virtual sex simulator with Oculus Rift support, featuring an Onos and the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D?

You forgot the Hughnicorns.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    How much do we have to pay so that we can see this:

A5lzF8NCMAAw5yD.jpg

I'll start a kickstarter fund, just let me know the cost. :P
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    CrushaK wrote: »

dem nacelles
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Runteh wrote: »
    How much do we have to pay so that we can see this:

A5lzF8NCMAAw5yD.jpg

I'll start a kickstarter fund, just let me know the cost. :P

I'd pay to see that. @Hugh, Come on, Take one for the team
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited August 2013
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • LachdananLachdanan Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 16995Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos
    We need moar Ohnoeseggs
  • GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is a great solution for revenue but seriously... where are the plushies!?!?!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Pay $75,000 and you could have your own real live Hughnicorn for 5 days.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    how do i shot web?
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can I also point out that the re-inforced buying options + link are not and will never be obvious on the front page.

Perhaps stick a big badge linking to the page on the left of the website?
    how do i shot web?

Apparently, this was a NS1 meme. Does someone mind explaining it to me?
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want a t-shirt but 300 bucks holy shit guys i cant. if you sell one separately i'll buy an expensive t-shirt though.

• GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Mattk50 wrote: »
    I want a t-shirt but 300 bucks holy shit guys i cant. if you sell one separately i'll buy an expensive t-shirt though.
    http://unknownworlds.com/store/

• trinity.nstrinity.ns Join Date: 2008-12-07 Member: 65688Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Runteh wrote: »
    My badge isn't showing up yet, but I have bought the Shadow edition.

Honestly, I can barely play the game on my laptop. It is about 7 years old, and I get around 40 fps alone at marine start on Veil.

That is with my settings on absolute minimum!

I have been following UWE since NS1, and a lot of my enjoyment comes from supporting such a great community and company.

It is an exciting thing to be part of, and good luck for the future.

We are the same in every word you just wrote <3

Ok, maybe you post more :)
    edited August 2013
    how do i shot web?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/how-do-i-shot-web

(The website is actually wrong - the Gorge's primary attack was not web shooting. This explains why the player was confused about how to make webs. But you get the basic idea. It's Natural Selection's most successful meme!)
  • WispWisp Join Date: 2007-12-18 Member: 63211Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Vindaloo wrote: »
    I would love me some Elite Assault beefiness, but I would like to have more info on what that money is gonna be spent on. Like with the kickstarter. I bought the game several times already, support the community as much as i can, but feel like if you are asking for 550000, I need more info to be part of that. Like Sabot, game promotion, lifeforms, weapons, balances, new PR guy, etc? You have to have some idea what are you gonna do for next 6 months? And if you cannot reach the goal, what would happen then? I have the feeling from the video, you are asking us to back-finance the last 6 month of the development? Are you out of money?

I think new weapons and balance changes are a given. They released the railgun and grenades in the last two major updates. Why wouldn't they do more of that in further updates?

I know they are working on the map Discovery. I assume that will be in the next update.

If they don't fund it, I presume they will leave NS2 with a skeleton crew to fix bugs, and start on their next game.
    I really like the Reinforcement Program. I think it would be better if there were more tiers - the jump from $75 to $333 is kind of big, and the jump from $333 to $1,500,000,000 or whatever is huge. But I don't know a lot about the economics of Kickstarter-esque stuff so I might be totally wrong.

I'd buy into Reinforcement right now but I kind of don't want one of those badges showing that I'm spending more money than I should spend on a video game. It would be nice to buy it incognito.
    GOOD NEWS! You can buy a level of Reinforced without getting the badge. You have to activate the badge specifically, so if you don't enter your forum account name, you don't have to have a badge. You also don't need to enter it when you buy it, so, right now, I've got my Reinforced package, but I have yet to get my badge. If I want to later on, I can.
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    biz, just buy the Game Director Badge, and you can MAKE them put the old alien vision back in!

I highly doubt that badge is going to let you touch their precious NS2

anyways my issue is never with the actual changes or end result, because there are usually many different ways to make a good game (the exception is UI, where letting users choose how they want to interact with the world is always best)

my issue is with the process and the fact that this dev prioritizes artwork and fancy performance-killing effects over playability in a competitive MP shooter

notice how there are no concrete goals for how the funding will help NS2? these type of games aren't played for the breadth of content. gamers want a polished experience, and the money is probably going to spent on adding some fancy new stuff to Spark that a game like NS2 never needed
  • Stele007Stele007 Join Date: 2004-07-23 Member: 30063Members
    how do i shot web?

It was probably so popular because dumb gorges in NS1 had a problem with putting both ends of the web on the same wall, so it wouldn't do anything unless the marine felt like humping the wall.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    how do i shot web?

It's a 4chan meme
    618px-Howdoishotweb.jpg

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The meme originated in NS1 though, 4chan just ran with it and added the spider-man images later on