What do you think about railgun change ?

IkeIke Join Date: 2013-03-04 Member: 183661Members
(Sorry for my english)

I would like to have opinion about Dualrailgun and the actual Railgun.

Because imo, the (dual)Railgun is terrible now.

-The slow is very frustrating. Its a nightmare with the Dual. PERMA-SLOW.

-Correctly aim with it become hard. Why ? Because we cant hold a charged fire. =>Railgun autofires after 2.2 seconds (was 3) and needs to be charged for a minimum of 1.4 seconds

-Why cant we si·mul·ta·ne·ous fire with the Dual ? Just why ?

The Single railgun become less funny and harder to use it. But the Dual x_x, wow, Im so disappointed :(. 60res for this ? :/

I tried to explain myself, it's my opinion.

Have a good day,

Ex-RailgunManiac :'(

Comments

• ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    In my opinion, unless you have near robotic levels of accuracy and timing, the single railgun is infinitely better than the dual.

I think that its understandable that both railguns cannot be charged and fired simultaneously, but adding the delay that there currently is between firing makes the second railgun essentially useless. With the loss of the claw and less movement speed, the maximum increased firerate would need to be closer to 70-90%, whereas at the moment I would put it around 30%.

I think the second railgun just needs to be different. If you can't charge both simultaneously, there is no point in giving the second gun the same charge up mechanic. I would prefer if it had a rapid fire mechanic instead, so then both could be fired at the same time without fear of damaging gameplay.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    So you have a 0.6 sec large window to fire? Who the hell invented this "change"?
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    If dual railguns were able to simultaneously fire two max damage shots, they would totally wreck fades. And they are already the bane of the lerk. Personally, I'd say they could use a slightly faster charge up rate though.
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Made a dual rail gun suggestion thread here
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    Dont see what is the point of a dual railgun if you cant fire them both at once. Its not like the single railgun has much a cooldown.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited September 2013
    Dual railgun effectively has double the firerate. You also technically CAN fire both at once, but one of them will only have 30-40% charge, I think it's enough to 1-shot a lerk.

Dual rails are especially effective against lerks and gorges, which otherwise tend to get out of your LoS before you can charge up a followup shot and kill them. They are also pretty good against fades, and have enough dps to threaten an onos who isn't rushing them.

The way the autofire and max charge are designed, you basically just hold down both buttons. The railgun autofires almost instantly after it reaches full damage.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    I'm fine with the dual railgun I just wish they would revert the railgun weight change, the speed was my favourite thing about it.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    If you want to fire both the same time, wait till 3/4 load (45min) and then shoot. Looks cool, haven't had any "omg damage" -yet tho.

Otherwise I just keep both mouse buttons pressed and guns firing at all times. Feels silly, but since full charge doesn't have a duration anymore, why wouldn't you?

I would prefer both guns being able to fire at the same time, BUT halve the damage AND double rate of fire. So basically 1 hand rail with double rate of fire, lol. It would just look and feel better. Dunno, just came up with it.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think that instead of holding to charge, it should charge over time and then you just click to shoot. Holding down to charge is really awkward, especially when you are trying to fire both at the same time.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    That would either mean your guns are constantly charging and discharging, without you being able to control, or that you would constantly have a max charge which would be OP. Don't work. :l
  • MrPinkMrPink Join Date: 2002-05-28 Member: 678Members
    It's too clunky right now. It definitely needs adjustment because it's not very fun to use.
    edited September 2013
    MrPink wrote: »
    It's too clunky right now. It definitely needs adjustment because it's not very fun to use.

The only part I find "clunky" is trying to keep track of which gun has more charge at any given moment if I need to fire early. I think some modifications to the charging animation on the weapon itself might help that.

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    railguns? psh.. wheres the instagib gun :D
  • SychoSycho Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186642Members
    SeeVee wrote: »
    make the second gun a flame thrower or nade tosser... hell I'd even settle for a large spinning skill-saw type blade

This. All day. Man I'd love to have custom attachments to the exo. One minigun, one rail, a saw blade/gun, rail/nades?? D: Omg
    Having a second, different gun makes it too complicated to use effectively, especially with the precision and skill required for the rail.
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    Not a fan of the revised railgun at the moment. I can kind of see why they thought a change was needed. You could pretty much solo anything that wasn't an Onos with that thing. I don't like the new mechanics though. Something about the charge delay and short release window makes it clunky. Might just be a matter of adapting so Ill give it some more time before I start complaining.
  • SychoSycho Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186642Members
    Not a fan of the revised railgun at the moment. I can kind of see why they thought a change was needed. You could pretty much solo anything that wasn't an Onos with that thing. I don't like the new mechanics though. Something about the charge delay and short release window makes it clunky. Might just be a matter of adapting so Ill give it some more time before I start complaining.

Why shouldn't you be able to solo almost anything but an Onos using an Exo you just dropped 60 res on!?
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I am acctually Better with it. I like the change
    Sycho wrote: »

Why shouldn't you be able to solo almost anything but an Onos using an Exo you just dropped 60 res on!?

40 res, but same difference it should be at least equivalent to a fade.