REINFORCED

Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow
4 days till the REINFORCED update.... going to be so good :D

Comments

• oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'm so excited :D
    And i just cant hide it! :D
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I know, I know, I know, I know, I know
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    Is that supereffective video legit?
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    I hope they add 64 players as an option. 32 vs 32 Epic Clusterfuck of DOOM!
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Loke wrote: »
    I hope they add 64 players as an option. 32 vs 32 Epic Clusterfuck of DOOM!

With turn-based combat ;)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    Obraxis wrote: »
    You guys have no idea ;-)

Lots of stuff incoming!

But in fact we do!

[Redacted]
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Don't trust that Obraxis guy, he has over 1400 posts and I heard somewhere th... Wait...

DAMMIT!
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited August 2013

Lots of stuff incoming!
    I wish i had no idea, but now i do.. Reinforced is an oasis, and im in a desert.
    I can taste it, i can see it, i just.. just cant reach it!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Xao wrote: »
    Is that supereffective video legit?

Please do not post, someone unfortunately leaked it; it's only three days away
  • Scorpion9908Scorpion9908 Australia Join Date: 2013-07-29 Member: 186445Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Lots of stuff incoming!
    By the old gods and the new :O
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I'm very sad that someone leaked the big content patch. I really hope that this won't weaken the promote of the awesome content patch by lowering the sales :(
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Lots of stuff incoming!

You mean there is more than the previously hinted at grenades, female model and DX/OpenGL changes? Delicious!

What I don't understand is the last 4-5 times UWE has released a content patch under wraps people inevitably end up screaming blue murder on release week over some kind of weird map bug or model error or hole in a wall somewhere that goes on and on and on, begs the question of what makes this patch so much more different given the incredible amount of shit being added? Are the PT literal masochists that enjoy fixing 50 bugs, missing 2 and never hearing the end of 1 for the next two weeks?

Who the fuck is not going to come back to the game because you generated interest and information and got a little hype going before the release date? I feel like I'm in 2001 again where leaks weren't done on purpose and people legit feel this way. Instead of being able to gossip about all the new upcoming changes and showing people a video of all the cool shit that's being introduced it's back to "Yeah nah man this time will be different man it's totally better than Gorgeous or 250 just uh...wait...yeah".

• joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    some of it is gonna suck, prepare yourself!
    We enjoy walking into a wall 150 times just to reproduce 1 hard-to-repo bug just so we dont get forum posts against us. But sometimes we don't do it 151 times and it bites us in the ass. Go figure.

Is expectation management something that gets talked about amongst the PTs or the "UWE boys club" teams that exist at all? Genuine question.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2013
    Are the PT literal masochists
    :>
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    always blame playtesters!
    ALWAYS!
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members

Lots of stuff incoming!

An onos that’s harder to kill than a gorge?
    Mines that can actually kill a fade?
    A new marine tech tree so that marines can feel the rage aliens did?
    A step back in time like some 20 patches ago where things actually worked?
    Gorge plushies?

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Know pain wrote: »
    Gorge plushies?

Which one is most important to you? ;-)

• NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    What I don't understand is the last 4-5 times UWE has released a content patch under wraps people inevitably end up screaming blue murder on release week over some kind of weird map bug or model error or hole in a wall somewhere that goes on and on and on, begs the question of what makes this patch so much more different given the incredible amount of shit being added? Are the PT literal masochists that enjoy fixing 50 bugs, missing 2 and never hearing the end of 1 for the next two weeks?

Who the fuck is not going to come back to the game because you generated interest and information and got a little hype going before the release date? I feel like I'm in 2001 again where leaks weren't done on purpose and people legit feel this way. Instead of being able to gossip about all the new upcoming changes and showing people a video of all the cool shit that's being introduced it's back to "Yeah nah man this time will be different man it's totally better than Gorgeous or 250 just uh...wait...yeah".

We enjoy walking into a wall 150 times just to reproduce 1 hard-to-repo bug just so we dont get forum posts against us. But sometimes we don't do it 151 times and it bites us in the ass. Go figure.

Yeah, that sounds about right.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Know pain wrote: »
    Gorge plushies?

Which one is most important to you? ;-)

That's an easy one, plushies
    :D
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Runteh wrote: »

Lots of stuff incoming!

You mean there is more than the previously hinted at grenades, female model and DX/OpenGL changes? Delicious!

Yeah, UWE decided to introduce a "Reinforced Nanite Armor" upgrade for Exos, increasing their HP to 2000 per unit. That solves the problem of the 70-30 win rate.

• MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    I'm so excited :D
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    And i just cant hide it! :D
    _Necro_ wrote: »
    I know, I know, I know, I know, I know

I want [it] I want [it]!

• SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    "unfortunately leaked"?
    sure :>
    That's why the video is still online and the link flying around on twitter.
    Let's just face it, news are much more likely to be picked up by gaming websites, etc. if the info is "leaked", because it implies exclusive information, so a LOT of technology & gaming "leaks" are sanctioned by the devs/companies.

Anyway, watched the video and am looking forward to a lot of this stuff. I might actually endure another 7 minutes of precaching to give it a go.
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    CrushaK wrote: »
    Runteh wrote: »

Lots of stuff incoming!

Yeah, UWE decided to introduce a "Reinforced Nanite Armor" upgrade for Exos, increasing their HP to 2000 per unit. That solves the problem of the 70-30 win rate.

Yeah but they also brought back acid rocket so fades now 1 shot exos...
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    Protip: If you want to hide a video on youtube, don't just set it to "not listed" after the link to it has been leaked #-o Everyone that can search for #NS2 on Twitter can still view it. Not very super effective :p
This discussion has been closed.