UWE should sue CD Projekt Red

KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
Proof:

TsFX5DM.jpg

TW3 is such a rip-off!

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • ParagonParagon Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167573Members
    Hey! Stop discrediting the studio I plan to work in! :)
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    There's always the calling and there's always the big bad ass (boss).
    Too big... won't pass.

• elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    2/10 at best. Good try op.

Original image has no copy pasted cyst in it.
    256167-witcher3.jpg
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    where are the NS2 sex cards?
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Elodea! Spoiling things we shouldnt know again! SO WUDE.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    elodea wrote: »
    2/10 at best. Good try op.

Original image has no copy pasted cyst in it.

Are you by any chance an employee of the CDPR damage control team? Everyone can retouche solid evidence! It doesn't make it less valid!

No, seriously mate, don't take it for real, I'm just pulling your leg.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    cd projekt red make the best 'story driven' games ever though... imo sue darwin for trying to claim the term 'natural selection'.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    tarquinbb wrote: »
    cd projekt red make the best 'story driven' games ever though... imo sue darwin for trying to claim the term 'natural selection'.

Nah none of their games have actually been good yet but they keep trying to get better so I still have hope. Some of the most bro tier devs in the business though.
    sotanaht wrote: »

Nah none of their games have actually been good yet but they keep trying to get better so I still have hope. Some of the most bro tier devs in the business though.

i can't think of any game that swallowed me deeper than the witcher (1 & 2) except for baldurs gate 2.

bioshock and dishonored are great and imaginitive, but i feel they were dumbed down purely to appeal to braindeads. mass effect and dragon age are fun as well, but dumbed down so much you start to dribble after 10 min of playing them.

dumbing down is a good marketing strategy, but cd projekt red just say screw that and put boobs instead.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    sotanaht wrote: »

i can't think of any game that swallowed me deeper than the witcher (1 & 2) except for baldurs gate 2.

bioshock and dishonored are great and imaginitive, but i feel they were dumbed down purely to appeal to braindeads. mass effect and dragon age are fun as well, but dumbed down so much you start to dribble after 10 min of playing them.

dumbing down is a good marketing strategy, but cd projekt red just say screw that and put boobs instead.

You might want to try Gothic 1 and 2, if you haven't already. The graphics might be a little outdated, but it is very atmospheric.
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Bicsum wrote: »
    You might want to try Gothic 1 and 2, if you haven't already. The graphics might be a little outdated, but it is very atmospheric.

Also: Risen 1
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Agree, The Witcher 1 had some massive plot twists that I never saw coming, despite having played games for over a decade already. And it was pretty much the first game that required me to sit down and reflect my decisions, since there is no simple "good" and "evil" in The Witcher. There is often only the choice of the lesser evil. And even the choice to not make a decision may be a valid one in some cases.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    All of your potential decisions in Witcher 1 are 'bad'. It's great.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    Mods should move this thread to off topic.

Anyway, the witcher 1 had poor gameplay with repetitive grindy combat and bad overall pacing. The story meandered a ton and wasn't really very coherent at all. The second witcher improved combat (but screwed the alchemy) but it still wasn't exactly "fixed" especially with the unpredictable animations (somersaulting for 2 seconds on a "fast" attack and getting locked out and hit). The story, while much more coherant, still dropped pacing in the second act and left far too many loose ends, the game actually felt like it was being set up for 2 more chapters and then just suddenly cut off with letho showing up out of the blue (and not running again).

I have hope for the witcher 3 to be the one that finally hits it though. Looks like they've got the combat down, hopefully the alchemy is less tedious (and more fun) than 2 and after that it's just down to the story, and I give a LOT of leeway to pacing in an open world game which seems to be where they are going, so they almost get a free pass for that.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Jekt wrote: »
    All of your potential decisions in Witcher 1 are 'bad'. It's great.
    This.

Was more like "what kind of douchebag do you want to be?"
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    All of your potential decisions in Witcher 1 are 'bad'.

Like the decision to engage in combat of any kind.

x

click click click

oh no big enemy

z

click click ... click

x1000.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Bit more to it than that, drinking potions mid fights and the 3 stances. That's pretty much it though. I remember the bombs being useless and the signs ending up really overpowered.

The animations were so good the first game though and you knew Geralt was a badass monster slayer, in the second you're pretty much just sword fighting humans and roly poly'ing behind their backs.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Bit more to it than that, drinking potions mid fights and the 3 stances. That's pretty much it though. I remember the bombs being useless and the signs ending up really overpowered.

The animations were so good the first game though and you knew Geralt was a badass monster slayer, in the second you're pretty much just sword fighting humans and roly poly'ing behind their backs.
    Axii, Igni, rinse and repeat.
    Xao wrote: »
    All of your potential decisions in Witcher 1 are 'bad'.

Like the decision to engage in combat of any kind.

x

click click click

oh no big enemy

z

click click ... click

x1000.

well, combat is more engaging than skyrims left mouse button x infinity.

the only weakness in BOTH witcher games is it definitely tailed off at the end.. insanely good then last chapter is a blatant rush. however, 99.9% of games are rushed from start to finish, so witcher is still better than those.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    skyrims combat is so boring, also the weird models, collision, and npcs all break immersion lol

But the world itself they've made is pretty awesome, I wonder if we'll ever truly see an open world game that feels kind of perfect
  • bizbiz Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167386Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll ever truly see an open world game that feels kind of perfect

witcher 3

uwe make it happen so cdpr can copy it?