ns2_nanogrid

WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

Comments

• WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Played this today, its very fun and reminds me of an ns1 map. However there are some very large sightlines and the halls are so wide that oni arent very effective
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the feedback @killer monkey
    If you could help me out by marking this picture the areas you're most concerned about large lines of sight. I'll start revisions.

Keep in mind. I'm planing more advanced geometry. The hallways will naturally shrink as props are added too the hallways. So for the time being I'll concern myself with lines of sight and flow. Will definitely keep poor onos in mind. ;)
    2013_08_16_00001.jpg

Small update today.
    Map renamed to ns2_nanogrid on the workshop.
    Started work on the nanogrid room.
    2013_08_23_00001.jpg
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Wait a second, there are no resnozzles in doubleres?
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Oh, just realized you really need to be more careful with ARC distances! There are too many great spots to ARC from in this map, at least in the current form.
    edited August 2013
    Another update.
    Fix- Reworked Tech 4 so less ARC-able.
    Cinematics added to nanogrid
    Detailed reactor
    Fix most textures so maps not a grey box
    Turned Tech 1 into control and expanded the location entity.
    Removed 1 power node from map.
    Another pass at commander invisible.
    Added catwalk to ready room

Lots of other little things I cant remember.
    Enjoy.

Reactor: 2013_08_23_00002.jpg
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Hey I got a little suggestion regarding the current techpoints. During the playtest the tech4 start location for marines was too hard to defend. I suggest taking out a few routes to ease the cheap skulk & bile harassing.

je.jpg
    edited August 2013
    In the post above @WhiteDevil I mentioned I reworked Tech 4 and swapped the tech point and res node. Will keep an eye on it and consider your changes.
    2013_08_24_00001.jpg
    screencast
    Map updated.

A few helpful people testing the map have been mentioning the map was too open.
    So to make it more playable I've gone around the map adding cover. It's all temporary at least until I get to those sections of the map and properly flesh them out.
    I hope you find it more enjoyable with the changes.
    Always looking for feed back please leave me any comments you may have.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @beemorriscats

Look, it's almost cornerless!
  • DaphistoDaphisto Hive Janitor Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8917Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the feedback @killer monkey
    If you could help me out by marking this picture the areas you're most concerned about large lines of sight. I'll start revisions.

Keep in mind. I'm planing more advanced geometry. The hallways will naturally shrink as props are added too the hallways. So for the time being I'll concern myself with lines of sight and flow. Will definitely keep poor onos in mind. ;)
    2013_08_16_00001.jpg

The layout for this looks really interesting. Keep up the good work!
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys.
    First I want to thank Auron and all the guys from SnX, Raze, and too many other individuals to mention that have helped me test the map to get it to where it is. From their feedback I'm proposing these changes. Let me know what you think.
    Yellow lines are the planned vents.
    OVerview.jpg
    Lets hope they fix the editor soon as the map is coming along nicely but I can't create new overviews and this ones is a bit outdated.

Hope you're enjoying the map. See you in game.
    Map Updated

New storage tech. still WIP
    lot of new props added to flesh out areas.
    Few bug fixes with nav mesh.
    Collision Geo added to some props causing issues
    Added some crates to nano for LOS issues

Updated Areas
    Tech 2
    Pillars
    CO2 Scrubbers
    Central
    Storage
    Pipes
    Lounge

Lots of other things I cant remeber now.

Enjoy.