"Reinforced" better address this outrageous balance issue, thats all I have to say

MrChokeMrChoke Join Date: 2012-12-13 Member: 174990Members, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
Yes the game is very unbalanced again. As bad as build 239 days in my book. NS2Stats.com shows it worse (69% win rate for alien). And YES ns2stats.com doesn't record every game but build 250/251 has been out long enough to get a good stat. Also, just play the game. Find yourself bitten up, swallowed and then spit back out game after game.

I won't play again until the changelog comes out on Reinforced and it says it has done something about this problem.

Comments

• SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ofcourse it will, every update has had balance changes
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The moral boost from the female marine will make all the difference!
    Protect our women !
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    CCTEE wrote: »
    The moral boost from the female marine will make all the difference!
    Protect our women !
    Hail to the queen, baby.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    MrChoke wrote: »
    I won't play again until the changelog comes out on Reinforced and it says it has done something about this problem.

Lol.

So what is going to change in the game just by seeing the changelog that makes you want to play in one instance but not the other?

If that's supposed to be a threat, then I don't think "I won't play the game in the next 4-5 days!" is going to make anyone really care.
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    nobody cares, not even your mother. and she's dead. and fat. deal with it.
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Rich_ wrote: »
    nobody cares, not even your mother. and she's dead. and fat. deal with it.

quoted for truth.

On a related note, I'm going to really stick it to Pizza Hut by ordering their pizza and not eating it until they tell me that they've made it better.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    personally i've found that the game is more balanced and fun than ever before. although i have seen more than a couple of one-sided games; i can ALWAYS see a blatantly obvious tactical/player skill cause for the landslide defeat.

if the game was perfectly balanced, each match would last >3 hours. there has to be slight fluctuating imbalance based on tech/res timeline to make the game more interesting. i.e. the impetus is on one team to do X before other team does Y, then switching around.

that situation is a billion times better than symmetrical games, where people are generally happy to camp forever, never push and essentially you don't get a chance to actually PLAY THE GAME.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    If UWE is so much about ratios and making the win/loss percentages at 50/50 then I have to ask, “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?”

I’ve been playing since alpha and have to ask why, when did UWE decide to throw out everything they did in beta and re-work the game all over again? For example look at the alien tech tree when they released NS2 and look at it now, they have literally redone everything.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Good balance changes are happening in 252.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2013
    @know/pain, I don't think 50/50 is their goal, rather... *sigh* fun is. (derp)
    50/50 may be part of that, but its not the 1 to 1.

Someone official back me up on this/ find a quote.

Besides, if Reinforced is ANYTHING like gorgeous, it will change a crap-load of stuff (webs anyone?) and so balance will be hard to tell for some time anyway...

EDIT: how the hell am I going to get your name!?
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2013
    Know pain wrote: »
    If UWE is so much about ratios and making the win/loss percentages at 50/50 then I have to ask, “WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?”

I’ve been playing since alpha and have to ask why, when did UWE decide to throw out everything they did in beta and re-work the game all over again? For example look at the alien tech tree when they released NS2 and look at it now, they have literally redone everything.

The goal was to balance tech, lessen the impact 1 good player has on the game, raise the skill ceiling of skulks and fades and making come backs more likely.

It was foreseeable that the balance would shift when people figured out how to play aliens. This long phase without major balance changes was needed to pinpoint problems in order to continue balancing. You can't balance a game like this without people actually adapting to changes first.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    My most stressfull thing is God dam skylighs in veil!
  • maD_maX_maD_maX_ Join Date: 2013-04-07 Member: 184678Members
    @Ellnic Just be glad that gorges can't build... In NS1 my favorite thing was to gorge in sky vent drop a SC (shade) inside the vent and sent of fear skulk...

So yeah let's just say skylights has been alien friendly long before the remake...
    I know, I was a skylight Vent hog back inthe day also. But its about time we sorted it
  • Enhance89Enhance89 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69261Members
    I think an easy fix to something like the skylight vent is to bring weldables back. Those were always fun, tactical maneuvers to make while a marine. They could even interact with the power nodes. A marine has to build a power node before the vent can be welded, and if an alien takes down the power node, the vent opens back up.

Anyways, back to OP, the new build is going to be here soon! Right now, I still think the game suffers from the one-good-player syndrome, to the point that it really breaks down a match. I know there are many opinions on this, especially between the pub/comp. side of it, but my biggest concern is still the Fade. Costs 40 pres, and is significantly more effective, dangerous and powerful than an Onos (which costs 20 extra pres). That's a little backwards to me.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Enhance89 wrote: »
    I think an easy fix to something like the skylight vent is to bring weldables back. Those were always fun, tactical maneuvers to make while a marine. They could even interact with the power nodes. A marine has to build a power node before the vent can be welded, and if an alien takes down the power node, the vent opens back up.

Anyways, back to OP, the new build is going to be here soon! Right now, I still think the game suffers from the one-good-player syndrome, to the point that it really breaks down a match. I know there are many opinions on this, especially between the pub/comp. side of it, but my biggest concern is still the Fade. Costs 40 pres, and is significantly more effective, dangerous and powerful than an Onos (which costs 20 extra pres). That's a little backwards to me.

Have you tried the new b252 fade. Nerfed speed, damage, and energy.
  • Enhance89Enhance89 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69261Members
    I actually just realized they released 252. I played at like 6:00 p.m. Tuesday and didn't touch it after that.
    Enhance89 wrote: »
    Have you tried the new b252 fade. Nerfed speed, damage, and energy.

Yet its still pretty efective, Seems balanced. But may have something to do with the buggyness of the game and could change
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Every single map have rts protected from vents, but no! Not on my veil! Let the gorge bile bomb 2 of them
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited August 2013
    Lurks are much more annoying now, bile is still as bad as ever, just not rushed as quickly now that the biomass is increased for it.

But it still doesn't take a bite at the fact that 3 piggies splooging all over a base can be a complete game changer, sentries don't do anything to counter it as they pop in just a few bile hits, ARCS are expensive and can be destroyed rapidly with it. It's the aliens ability to flip a game around with minimal res usage that makes the game favored for a cooperating alien team. Marines have nothing that can do the same on their part with such minimal res usage.

Since NS2Stats is based on pub matches, this is where that 70-30 comes in, pub matches are too random to gain reliable information from, too many rookies and too many pub stompers to get useful information, this is why NS2 is built around competitions. If NS2Stats was 50-50 were to happen it would be a miracle but still would not mean the game is balanced.

45-55 60-40 would be the goal worth aiming for if the data collected was more reliable.

Lets say good players liked aliens more often, and rookies liked marines more because lets say it's simpler to understand, because the aliens are more coordinated than the marines and put a lot more strategy and team effort into the game, aliens will win more. In competition based scenarios, both teams have very skilled players, so the real defects of the game are shown on an even and controlled playing field.

But honestly, that was too much to type out in response to a post like yours, if you're not going to play until a change log is out so be it, one less person I have to mute when they're complaining in-game.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Actually when most games are random (like we had after release, with the mass of new players) the win-percentage of pub play would be 50-50 by Gaussian distribution.