Any idea what today's update was?

DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
90 megs or so, no mention of it anywhere.

Comments

• IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Max changed some settings with regards to steam and NS2.
    Nothing of importance / carry on.
    :)
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    96mb is important :P
  • CoelispexCoelispex Join Date: 2013-07-17 Member: 186172Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Everything is important :)
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    IronHorse wrote: »

I wouldn't trust what Ironhorse says. He does not work for UWE and is merely a bug tester (his words). Should wait for a dev to post.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    PaLaGi wrote: »
    IronHorse wrote: »

I wouldn't trust what Ironhorse says. He does not work for UWE and is merely a bug tester (his words). Should wait for a dev to post.
    can't tell if trolling or srs

to be clear, we were doing internal stuff with Max at the time this occurred and that's all I think I can say about that
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    What Ironpony said is correct. Max was fiddling with some stuff related to steam. To our knowledge there is no change to the game itself, hence the build number remains unchanged.

Sorry if we got your hopes up. :P
  • LastdonLastdon Join Date: 2012-06-29 Member: 153767Members
    Hopping this has to do with the server browser bug that displays all server pings triple what they really are. Then you log into the game and your ping is just fine. I should take a screen shot and post it. I feel as if the server browser is displaying the accurate pings but once you are in the game it is not accurate.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    edited August 2013
    *NSA backdoor code. *:

PutCashIn: Games Turned to Poos.
    Players: No it ain't.
    John Key: I'm looking for terrorists.
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Narfwak wrote: »
    to be clear, we were doing internal stuff with Max at the time this occurred and that's all I think I can say about that
    LOL That's being clear??

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited August 2013
    The only way to stop Max's insidious updates is to go to Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Location -> Russia.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    It's all for the greater good.

• GeekavengerGeekavenger Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157117Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Neoken wrote: »

the greater good.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

the greater good.

the greater good!
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

the greater good.

the greater good!
    the greater good
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

the greater good.

the greater good!
    the greater good

the greater good.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited August 2013
    CCTEE wrote: »
    Narfwak wrote: »
    LOL That's being clear??
    NDA gonna NDA, sorry. :( You'll find out in a few days either way.
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    if youre clever you can play around in biodome in this preload patch
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    peregrinus wrote: »
    The only way to stop Max's insidious updates is to go to Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Location -> Russia.
    In my case, this advice would only speed things up :P
    I live in Holland, and since a few weeks Steam-download wasn't working well anymore....got "download suspended" everytime when trying to dl a game.
    So I changed my dl location from NL to Taiwan, and all of a sudden it worked!
    Peak dl was 7.9Mb/sec, average 5.4 hahaha.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited August 2013
    I can't download mods any longer (error code 16/timeout), unless I manually delete the workshop folder in /users/.../appdata/.../natural selection 2/workshop/ (have to do that every time before being able to join a modded server).

Is that an intended part of the update? :p

fuck workshop, fuck steam
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    never trust anyone with over 4000 posts.
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    FrankerZ wrote: »
    if youre clever you can play around in biodome in this preload patch

Funny but if you're serious, as far as i can tell that 96mb went to directx files?
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    tarquinbb wrote: »
    never trust anyone with over 4000 posts.

Okay, if you say so... hold on, I got the policy to never trust anyone with over 999 posts!
  • joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    probably assets for the biodome art set to minimize the size of 252 when released
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes joohoo could be, or something to do with the infamous and mysterious 'goldmachine' UWE has been developing.
    I hear rumours it involves Hugh, the internets, children and canned tomatos... Tum tum Tum tum...

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow