I solo killed a skulk with an axe

2»

Comments

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Nailo wrote: »
    psh, skulks and onos? try axing a lerk or fade lol its the nimble ones that are the prize.

I keep whipping out my axe when I run out of bullets, in the hope that the fade hastruly overcommitted, but it has yet to result in a glorious fade axe kill.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    was 1 millisecond away from welding an Onos after 10 second weld-chase :P but accidentally shot 1 bullet and killed him when a lerk interfered!
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2013
    How do you think people fought skulks in the past centuries, before rifles? Halberds, swords and crossbows, man. Look it up in "Trattato Di Scientia d’ Arme, con un Dialogo di Filosofia" from Camillo Agrippa, he dedicates a whole chapter to fighting the extra-terrestrial life forms. Against skulks, he recommends the use of buckler and practice of proper footwork to sidestep the skulk's jumping bite.

Oh, and try reloading a crossbow after you miss. Hint - it cannot be done running around.
    Kamamura wrote: »
    How do you think people fought skulks in the past centuries, before rifles? Halberds, swords and crossbows, man. Look it up in "Trattato Di Scientia d’ Arme, con un Dialogo di Filosofia" from Camillo Agrippa, he dedicates a whole chapter to fighting the extra-terrestrial life forms. Against skulks, he recommends the use of buckler and practice of proper footwork to sidestep the skulk's jumping bite.

Oh, and try reloading a crossbow after you miss. Hint - it cannot be done running around.

and back when men were men, and monsters were monsters, a good crossbow bash would truly devastate skulks. how is it we've grown so effete?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Reinforced should reintroduce crossbows.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wouldn't It be awesome to axe an Onos to death. That would be some feet
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I welder killed a fade, does that count?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    amoral wrote: »
    psh, skulks and onos? try axing a lerk or fade lol its the nimble ones that are the prize.

I keep whipping out my axe when I run out of bullets, in the hope that the fade hastruly overcommitted, but it has yet to result in a glorious fade axe kill.

Keep trying. Never done it in NS2, but soooooooooooooooooooooooooo rewarding in NS1
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    amoral wrote: »

I got nano'd once and actually won a knife fight with a fade. I got a few shotgun shells into him first, of course.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    HAHAHAHA IT HAPPENNED AGAIN, this time a true dual, little buggar para'd me and hid behind a doorway just outside base so I pulled my axe out and just went at him and tore him to bits loool
  • Kenshir0Kenshir0 Join Date: 2013-02-25 Member: 183347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    I seriously remember getting far more knife kills in NS1 than axe kills, I don't really like the axe animation so it's probably just a mental thing :(

I have killed an Onos with my axe before, though!
  • Squirreli_Squirreli_ Join Date: 2012-04-25 Member: 151046Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "If your in a server and you own skulks with the switch-axe please just leave the server. You are obviously too skilled in the game for everyone else and frankly your just ruining the experience of everyone else." ;);)

Regards, your friendly neighbourhood troll
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited September 2013
    I seriously remember getting far more knife kills in NS1 than axe kills, I don't really like the axe animation so it's probably just a mental thing :(

The NS1 knife swung alot faster (HL1 crowbar speed) than the axe does now
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited September 2013
    Axe kills ain't got nuthin' on dat weldah.
    Nazo wrote: »

The NS1 knife swung alot faster (HL1 crowbar speed) than the axe does now

And yeah, the NS1 knife was a killing machine.
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I got a fade with a welder recently. I will admit, it was total luck. I was trying to keep our exo alive while he was trying to take down the fade. Next thing I know it said Cannon Fodder welder killed fade. It was a WTF moment for the fade I am sure.
    I got a fade with a welder recently. I will admit, it was total luck. I was trying to keep our exo alive while he was trying to take down the fade. Next thing I know it said Cannon Fodder welder killed fade. It was a WTF moment for the fade I am sure.

got flame thrower killed the same way, nearly full health,tried to take a swipe at a ground flame thrower and suddenly died, apparently tailwind are sneaky.
  • SolarisSolaris Join Date: 2003-05-11 Member: 16213Members
    Keep the op damage, exchange Axe model with nordic Hammer, add lightning fx. Mjoellnir \m/.