I solo killed a skulk with an axe

meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
After killing like 5 of the ****ers that tried to steal my towel while I was in the locker rooms...
I'm proud, this will have to go in my eulogy somewhere

Comments

• RobbyRobby Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159687Members
    Pest-control has been informed of your incident. Please head to the bar for your complementary bloody mary. We're terrible sorry for this inconvenience.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I hope they fix this issue in B252. The OP hand-axe is really destroying the casual player base of this game. I mean, what incentive do you have to continue playing when you get chopped to bits with a marine melee weapon? I think it should be removed.
  • CuelCuel Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181295Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Everywhere I go I see marines killing aliens, using only their axe. OP.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Axe is not as Op as welder-ninja.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Therius wrote: »
    I hope they fix this issue in B252. The OP hand-axe is really destroying the casual player base of this game. I mean, what incentive do you have to continue playing when you get chopped to bits with a marine melee weapon? I think it should be removed.

Don't even get me started on welders! The horror...
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    first they came for my lmg, but I did not use an lmg, so I said nothing.
    next they came for my pistol, but ranged weapons are for the weak.
    then they came for my welder but they are only good for cysts.
    finally they came for my axe... and I stuck it down their bloody gullet.
    they can have my axe, I'll just use my fists, like real men are wont to do.
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Come back when you get an Onos axe kill, then we'll talk.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I once axed this question, there was no answer...
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Did you haft to go there? :))
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    MMZ_Torak wrote: »

Did you haft to go there? :))
    I canae help myself, it's almost an auto reflex...

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Pics or it didn't happen!

Anyway, axe is OP. Always told ya.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Daveodeth wrote: »

I was an axed to death as an onos once. This was back in beta. There was some server lag. Basically all the aliens froze in position but marines were fine. About 8 marines axed me to death...
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Todays grandparents can tell about the war, how they were starving etc. .... future grandparents will tell their kids about how they axed an onos "once, back in beta.... those good old times where you had to aim with a mouse and walk with a so called keyboard"....
    frantix wrote: »
    Todays grandparents can tell about the war, how they were starving etc. .... future grandparents will tell their kids about how they axed an onos "once, back in beta.... those good old times where you had to aim with a mouse and walk with a so called keyboard"....
    What's that sonny? Speak up, I can't hear you over the clicketyclack of my mechanical keyboard *waves cane*
  • McBernsMcBerns Join Date: 2013-08-04 Member: 186563Members
    This would be more believable if you posted a video demonstrating that you really solo killed a skulk with an axe. I just realized that the weapons damage upgrade also affects the axe as well.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    My kids already do that with their xbox and wavy arms
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    My favorite thing to do with an axe wielding marine is just sit back and parasite them till they die or decide to reload, and then they die anyway.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Now if welders were affected by weapons upgrades..
    OH THE FURY.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    This thread delivers =P~
    Bicsum wrote: »
    “We are gathered here today to honor the memory of Meat Machine. He shall always be remembered for his outstanding achievement of soloing 6 Skulks and axing one of them. Due to his efforts the marine team managed to take the Locker harvester down. He was a real hero."

It's so touching, it brings a tear to my eye.

I know uwe doesn't need more work, but howawesome would it be to have each individual marine you get killed have an arbitrary name and your alias be a shared callsign. then have a purely cosmetic memorial wall constructible with all your losses listed in a truly touching fashion ala xcom.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    amoral wrote: »
    Bicsum wrote: »
    “We are gathered here today to honor the memory of Meat Machine. He shall always be remembered for his outstanding achievement of soloing 6 Skulks and axing one of them. Due to his efforts the marine team managed to take the Locker harvester down. He was a real hero."

It's so touching, it brings a tear to my eye.

I know uwe doesn't need more work, but howawesome would it be to have each individual marine you get killed have an arbitrary name and your alias be a shared callsign. then have a purely cosmetic memorial wall constructible with all your losses listed in a truly touching fashion ala xcom.

Only that we have WAY more casualties. There is nothing less worthy than a marine life in this game.

When I play XCOM, I usually don't lose any soldiers.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    McBerns wrote: »
    This would be more believable if you posted a video demonstrating that you really solo killed a skulk with an axe.
    It was in the little corridor to courtyard and lots of other skulks/marines dying around us, so kind of a confusing environment... However I looked that little bugger in the eyes and gave him what-for, dodging and jumping all over the place... cut, cut, cut to his hind legs every time he flew past my head, teeth inches from my beautiful face. Not close enough. He went down like a sack of moss, and locker rooms was safe for a few more minutes.
    AuroN2 wrote: »
    OH THE FURY.
    Maybe marines need a rage meter that if they get damaged their melee output increases :>

oh and +5 agility
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    OH THE FURY.
    Maybe marines need a rage meter that if they get damaged their melee output increases :>

oh and +5 agility

You forgot the part where the comm can't drop meds on him when this happens.

BentRing wrote: »
    OH THE FURY.

oh and +5 agility

give him an activatable. drop his health to 1, give him a runspeed of like, 18, and give him a damage boost so he can one shot a cara skulk. no meds, no nothing, just axing goodness.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    amoral wrote: »
    BentRing wrote: »
    OH THE FURY.

oh and +5 agility

give him an activatable. drop his health to 1, give him a runspeed of like, 18, and give him a damage boost so he can one shot a cara skulk. no meds, no nothing, just axing goodness.

Allow commanders to drop a berserk pack a la DooM
  • NailoNailo Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185138Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    psh, skulks and onos? try axing a lerk or fade lol its the nimble ones that are the prize.
    Nailo wrote: »
    psh, skulks and onos? try axing a lerk or fade lol its the nimble ones that are the prize.

I've axed a lerk to death once, and I've been riflebutted to death as lerk once. first, he thought I was lower life than I was and tried to spike me to death, and second, I got bonewalled in with a marine.

• IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Daveodeth wrote: »

haha