Natural Selection 2 Installation problems

Jace67Jace67 Join Date: 2013-08-13 Member: 186787Members
If this isn't the right place for this thread, sorry, but it seemed like the closest place to where i'd post this. So, 2 days a go on Steam i traded Chivalry:Medieval Warfare for Natural Selection 2, installed the game and everything worked fine. I've put 10 hours of gameplay into the game so far and it seems great, but yesterday i was trying to join a server i usually play on now. Something popped up saying my cache files weren't right with the servers so i tried other servers. Same message popped up, so i close the game and try to verify game cache files, i do this and it says 2 files weren't verified, they'll be reacquired. After verifying a few more times that message remained the same, i then tried starting the game and it gets stuck on some update and doesn't ever complete, saying something about the update not working. Okay i thought.. i'll just reinstall the game so i delete the files related to Natural Selection 2 via steam and my computer and everything, and i try to reinstall it. What happens is the initial install comes up saying "Creating local cache game files" like it always does when downloading, and then a pop up appears and it says "An error occurred while installing Natural Selection 2 (Unknown error) and now we're in the present. No matter what i try to do, nothing seems to work and i can't install the game despite any of my efforts. I've got no idea what's wrong now because i already played 10 hours of the game and it worked fine. If anybody can help me get this amazing game working again i'll very grateful. Even if you can't help, thank you for taking your time to read this.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    Please structure your text a little bit the next time. And the right place to go would be the tech support in Getting Started. Decoda is a dev tool. Your first things to do now is go here
  • Jace67Jace67 Join Date: 2013-08-13 Member: 186787Members
    Thanks, i'll go post my question there now.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    Good Luck. Please read the linked post first
This discussion has been closed.