Terrible servers which let you join, load map, then kick you because "there are no slots"

1235»

Comments

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    You cant hear what people talking on the server and thats why i prefer beeing present on the server if issues are around instead of "talking" through an eternal admin-tag.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    edited August 2013
    There are countless TF2 servers that did the same thing - they tended to have an "odd" number of player slots, i.e. 33 or 25 player servers. We custom wrote a "connect" script for our UK servers that would kick people if a paid member used the "connect" command although there are lots of sourcemods to do similar things.

NS2 isnt source though. Modding is thin on the ground and with updates breaking mods monthly then why bother?
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I agree they can run their servers how they see fit. But as a courtesy to the public the server name should include something about when the server is "full". Something! Just to be polite.

I know I won't donate to them to get a reserve slot because I've been jerked around by their system too many times.
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    just pay the 5 dollars a month you cheapo. Thats what i did, its the price to pay to enjoy playing on a premium server. costs anywhere from 100 to 250 a month to run a dedicated server.
  • RumseyRumsey Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 181012Members
    Ironman wrote: »
    just pay the 5 dollars a month you cheapo. Thats what i did, its the price to pay to enjoy playing on a premium server. costs anywhere from 100 to 250 a month to run a dedicated server.

Are you going to pay the fee for every new player so they don't get irritated with the game and quit before becoming an active member of the community?
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    no, thats stupid. why would i pay. its your own choice in what quality you want. and how you want to support the community. go play on the no lag chicago server...that seems to lag. but wont kick or redirect you.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    This thread is going no where.
    You have an official answer on the matter as well.
    Closed.
This discussion has been closed.