-webdomain option disables whole -webadmin feature

funkoolowfunkoolow Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15917Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
hi all,
when starting my ns2 dedserver with this command line:
Server.exe -name "[ITA] Natural-Selection.it | server#2" -webadmin -webdomain "server2.natural-selection.it" -webuser *** -webpassword *** -webport 14677 -mods "5fd7a38" -map ns2_tram -limit 16
the server starts but without webadmin support, here follows the output while starting:
Build 251
Connected to Steam servers
Error: Couldn't start web server at server2.natural-selection.it:14677[...]
The webserver feature runs fine if the -webdomain parameter is omitted (obviously only via localhost in that case) and the address points right at the server since i use it to connect in-game via console.

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• funkoolowfunkoolow Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15917Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    still not working, is there something i'm doing clearly wrong?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    funkoolow wrote: »
    still not working, is there something i'm doing clearly wrong?

It could be a lot of things: are you sure that you have access to server2.natural-selection.it and port 14677 is not blocked. I would suggest to spare yourself from all that trouble by just redirecting to your ns2server with the webserver.