Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)

tonys44tonys44 Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183558Members
I've been happily(?) playing natural selection 2 for the past months... All good
Then today there is an upgrade to version 251.
Wonderful except now when I hit the play button I get the message: "Failed to Start the Game (Missing Executable)"
So I go through all of the suggestions... uninstall the AVG.... restart and delete the 'appcache' folder which is re-written each time I press the play button....
Time passes....
Bottom line no go.
Am I the only one?
Any suggestions?

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    try navigating to your game folder (steam/steamapps/common/natural selection 2/) maybe the exe has been renamed.

Oh and check to make sure you're not in the game beta program: it's under the betas tab in the game properties menu in steam.
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Verify your Cache integrity.
  • tonys44tonys44 Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183558Members
    Yea, Ironsoul... I'm not in beta and the .exe appear to be there.
    I'm not sure how to "Verify your Cache integrity" with NS2, Obraxis. but it was never an issue before....
  • tonys44tonys44 Join Date: 2013-03-02 Member: 183558Members
    Gidday AuroN2, yes. that fixed it. I guess it just downloaded wrong. It works now. Very good. Thanks.