Group of american players actively ruining UK server for no apparent reason

chopstickschopsticks Join Date: 2013-07-21 Member: 186250Members
edited July 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Hey, lately I've been logging in the server "[UK] 32 slot server". Everything was fine for a while, been for some reason a group of american players have started joining this server and actively ruined the game for everyone else.

First they started just insulting people around using random racist insults. They are very fond of the word "nigger" and they won't stop using it all the time.

I don't mind the verbal trolling, it doesn't stop me from enjoying the game, as I can easily ignore it. The problem comes when they decided to both be commanders on the two teams and then making one of the teams lose on purpose. This one girl always joins one team and quickly goes for commander, and then another guy joins the other team, joins commander, spends all resources, and then joins the girl's team. This has been going on in every match for at least 2 days and it has made the entire server unplayable.

Their "trolling" changes every minutes. One moment they are saying "how they should kill all niggers", the next moment they are saying "god bless america, europoors are so bad, why are all european men such faggots", and things like that. The majority of these insults occur on voice chat so I'm unable to provide evidence, but ocasionally they will type it on chat, I've got a couple of examples here to show you.

I'm hiding my name to prevent possible harrassment from this group.

lB4EvU6h.jpg

Here's one of them expressing their opinion on chat

s8LZCFdh.jpg

nother one

EIOXEox.jpg

Here's the two of them who were doing the most damage. The commander is the girl and the other guy is her friend. It's easy to spot them by their pings as they are americans in a UK server. I also think there's more of them as one of them says "all the good people in my team are on my steam friends lists".

P6P3Ugl.jpg

Here's the two of them doing the "spend resources and switch" strategy.

1BRTzlB.jpg

An unsuspecting victim crying the act out

rcEzsqM.jpg

Aaand now they are both in the same team

They also keep changing names to throw people off, but as I said before, it's easy to spot them by their pings and voices. Most of their name changes contain racial slurs "cleverly" disguissed, such as "Nate Higgers", or "Nick Digger", etc.

Attempts to kick them are either unsuccessful, or if they do pass, they "literally reconnect in 5 seconds". It's been going on for a couple of days and it is completely destroying the whole server. I normally wouldn't care, but seeing as it's the ONLY active server with 32 players, it's pretty much impossible to ignore.

I'm not sure of how to proceed with this. Their names keep changing and it's really hard to tell just how many of them are doing this. Sorry if this isn't the right place to do these kind of reports, but I'm not familiar with this forum. I literally registered just because I wanted to report this group, as they were completely destroying the little left over piece of NS2 experience that is remaining, and it really annoys me that I can't play this game because the only server where I would be able to is being torn a new one every living second these people are logged in it.

Not sure how admins would approach this situation either as they keep changing their names and I don't know where they might be in a few hours, but seeing how they have been hanging around this one server, and just how easy it is to tell who they are as soon as you join the server (hearing one girl and a couple guys shouting all kinds of racist stuff, not really subtle), I was hoping someone with power to clean things up could join in the server and just wipe them off. Maybe it is too much to ask, but please, I'm practically begging you. I'm not one to be easily outraged, but seeing how th the only server which I can play at this hour is being made unplayable, and I don't want to stop playing this game because of a few rotten apples, I feel something must be done.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Obvious trolls are obvious trolls. This is up to the server admin though.
  • delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    I think you need to contact the server admin and tell him about these individuals. He can ip ban them and you'll see them no more.
  • chopstickschopsticks Join Date: 2013-07-21 Member: 186250Members
    edited July 2013
    james888 wrote: »
    Obvious trolls are obvious trolls. This is up to the server admin though.

Yes I know they are obvious trolls, and as I said I can easily ignore their pointless racist rants, but when they are pretty much ruining the game itself by being a-holes, I can't just sit there and watch. When "switching servers" is not even an option, the only thing left to do is this.
  • chopstickschopsticks Join Date: 2013-07-21 Member: 186250Members
    delta78 wrote: »
    I think you need to contact the server admin and tell him about these individuals. He can ip ban them and you'll see them no more.

Any ideas about how could I do that? Sorry for the stupid question, but as there's no "report" feature and google says the owner is "unknown", I don't know how to contact him,
  • Soli Deo GloriaSoli Deo Gloria Join Date: 2009-06-25 Member: 67926Members
    chopsticks wrote: »

Any ideas about how could I do that? Sorry for the stupid question, but as there's no "report" feature and google says the owner is "unknown", I don't know how to contact him,

Firstly, to get around the name changing issue, get their steam IDS. After that, see if their community has a forum or wait for an admin to join. Sadly, I don't remember the console command to get their steam IDs off the top of my head.
  • MkollMkoll Join Date: 2013-02-11 Member: 182996Members
    edited July 2013
    chopsticks wrote: »

Firstly, to get around the name changing issue, get their steam IDS. After that, see if their community has a forum or wait for an admin to join. Sadly, I don't remember the console command to get their steam IDs off the top of my head.

status and a screen dump.

simples!
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    Edit cog too hard to click on a mobile; @tom_bmx is the server admin.
  • HamletHamlet Join Date: 2008-08-17 Member: 64837Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Steam ID - you gotta learn how to get them. There is also a report function on Steam.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Americans ruin their own servers too, by being so abysmally bad compared to every other continent.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    hmmm, maybe ns2bans would also be interested in these steam id´s...
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    i'm just going to say a couple of things. i don't think ginger is actually stigmatized in the US, at least i think that might actually be a european/british thing, also the n-word is nearly universal. apparently washington and jefferson both had red hair.

secondly, so they ruin a 32 man server... a 32 man server, let me reiterate, a 32 man server... i can get on board with 18, i'm fine with 20, i'm even tolerant of 24... but 32 is too much. Also, if you can't get a kick vote going and passing with what you say they did, you deserve them.
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    edited July 2013
    amoral wrote: »
    secondly, so they ruin a 32 man server... a 32 man server, let me reiterate, a 32 man server... i can get on board with 18, i'm fine with 20, i'm even tolerant of 24... but 32 is too much. Also, if you can't get a kick vote going and passing with what you say they did, you deserve them.

Some great logic here. It's fine for them to ruin something, as long as you don't like it.
  • ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    amoral you do realise when people get vote kicked they can instantly rejoin the server? As the OP explained in his original post.

Server size has nothing do to with anything, neither does claiming a racial slur is universal?

@chopsticks
    Next time they are on bring up console and type in 'sv_status'
    This will list every player in the game with their current name and will also show their SteamID and their NS2 version of the SteamID.
    Press F12 to capture screenshot, use the screen shot to write down their ID's and pass them on to the server admin.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    amoral wrote: »

So you think griefers will stop when one server closes and a bunch of community that actively WANTS to play on this type of server leaves?

My guess is that these griefers go on to empty other servers.
  • herakl3sherakl3s Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75852Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yo
    I can attest to their shit, if i can relieve some of your pain i handled it ns1 style:
    They joined the serv i was on, ruined some rounds, then i counter stacked them, they were both aliens on veil and tried VERY hard to win since i kept CS style flaming them "lolubad".
    At that point my epenis grew a meter long, they both faded multiple times, i solo raped their fades with lmg then shotgun and spouted the top euro anti USA counter insult: FRANCE>USA.
    gg they rage quitted.
    They are ENSL division 6 material.
    Thanks for your time.
    :>
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    As has been mentioned in the thread, you'd want to get their steam IDS and pass them on to the server owners/admins.

sv_status in the console or if that doesn't work I think status will work as well. Printscreen that stuff and send it off to the people in charge of said server. Right now, the screenshots have no purpose due to lack of steam IDS.

I'm locking this thread as you now know what to do when it happens again and the thread is already slipping into something that probably should be avoided :P

Also if you happen to catch these fine gentlemen red handed, don't make a thread on these forums as it's against the rules to name and shame, even if it is blatantly obvious. Once again, try and get in contact with the boss of the server, I hope you got enough info about what to do when it happens again :)

[edit]
    It might be food for http://www.ns2bans.com/ as well
This discussion has been closed.