pan is too sensitive

FandoreFandore Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186007Members
is there a way i can turn down the panning option, every time i try to pan, it just freaks out and pans like five feet from where i want it to pan. i would be able to make great maps if this feature was not soo hard to use!

Comments

• QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    hold right click and use WASD to fly around
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    edited July 2013
    edit: misread the post, thought you meant in-game scrolling.
  • FandoreFandore Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186007Members
    ahhh ok ill try there instead. i like making things though and i like the spark editor but seems bugged, i would really love to help make great maps for people to play on and have the skill set needed for it, im just trying to figure out how to do that, its very annoying knowing several features that have carried form 3ds max and then trying to grasp new ideas but im hoping i will catch on. please be patient with me as i have only used this program for one week and know only the basics....
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    edited July 2013
    Oops, thought you meant in-game scrolling. As quixxer said, the fly view is the best way of getting around spark. Z rooms screen to selected, and holding middle mouse lets you pan with mouse (the feature I wish was in game).

I came from hammer. This editor was a big change, but pretty much all good. Can test maps instantly, don't have to fear holes or work in blocks. But Spark is a little wonky at first, and there aren't a lot of tutorials. So just ask questions. Everyone on the mapping forums have always been very generous with help, and always constructive with advice.

Protip for starting out: alt-w and ctrl-alt-w are your best friends.