Since patch 250, what is your favorite weapon/lifeform to play?

2»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    yuckfoo wrote: »
    Ive only played aliens a few times since the patch, without any upgrades the skulk felt much more sluggish than before.
    It does feel more sluggish at first. Once you figure it out it just is silly fast... Tons of fun.

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Well, as my team keeps me on lock down in my hive, probably gorge.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    In this order-- Aliens: gorge, skulk (cloaked/xeno), lerk, onos, fade. Marines: Flamethrower and minigun exo....don't enjoy shotgun, rifle, pistol or gl at all.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    peregrinus wrote: »
    ....don't enjoy shotgun, rifle, pistol or gl at all.

:[
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    In this order-- Marines: Flamethrower and minigun exo....don't enjoy shotgun, rifle, pistol or gl at all.

No offense but it sounds like you just dislike having to aim... I cannot see how someone dislikes every early/mid game weapon. :( Anyway enough with my irrelevant babble. Carry on gents.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    joshhh wrote: »
    In this order-- Marines: Flamethrower and minigun exo....don't enjoy shotgun, rifle, pistol or gl at all.

No offense but it sounds like you just dislike having to aim... I cannot see how someone dislikes every early/mid game weapon. :( Anyway enough with my irrelevant babble. Carry on gents.

The first class eh likes is gorge! Telling me gorge don't require aim!? Boy you gone and done it now.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I only quoted the marine side.

Your move sir. :D
  • RammlerRammler Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185607Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Shotgun is weak now. it should be stronger. it takes too much shots now to kill a skulk or a fade. flamethrowers are good. they are now a good option. grenadelauncher is also good.

fade is too strong (like before). fades should really really be weaker. you say they cost 50 res? yes but a good fade never dies till the end. and with 320 health and 100 armor a fade is IMPOSSIBLE to kill. very frustrating when a fade attacks you and acts like shit. you give him 290 damage with shotgun and pistol and he is still alive. the fade should be so hard to play like the other lifeforms. with that much life every idiot can play a fade.

onos is good now.

skulk is a little bit too strong. as a standardclass it should be so strong like a normal riflemarine. but now a good skulk can easily kill up too 3 marines or one marine with shotgun (because of weaker shotgun).

lerk is good.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    Hmm lemme think... wait for it...

Yup, still Gorge :)
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    Skulk! I used to watch my p-res anxiously, waiting to evolve, because skulk was no fun after the first couple encounters. Now I find myself with 100 p-res at the end of every game because I'm so happy with how the skulk plays now. I only evolve when the team needs a specific role filled.

It's not one change either, it's the combination of the new movement, the more reliable bites, and aura. Oh god do I love aura. With these tools combined surviving marine encounters now feels like playing with my food, my really dangerous food.
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    Skulk, gorge, then fade.

Fade is just a bigger skulk with more hp. But skulk doesn't give me a migraine with the hold a/d+w+ctrl+spacebar movement. I only going fade if I'm done dying which I hardly do as a skulk as it is. Then I go gorge when I feel like finishing the game.
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    MisterNubs wrote: »
    Skulk, gorge, then fade.

Fade is just a bigger skulk with more hp. But skulk doesn't give me a migraine with the hold a/d+w+ctrl+spacebar movement. I only going fade if I'm done dying which I hardly do as a skulk as it is. Then I go gorge when I feel like finishing the game.

Exactly how I feel. Playing fade is physically uncomfortable with my current bindings, and moving my jump key means unlearning a decade of fps muscle memory. Maybe I just need more time with the new fade, and the crouching isn't necessary. But the went from favorite to least favorite with 250.

And yes, if it's time to end the game, it's time for gorges.

• NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2013
    Don't understand those fade critiques. With the old ss+dj movement you had hold forward, use crouch, spam spacebar, and use the A/D keys to turn in the air... They're thesame keys you have to use now. Except you also had to repeatedly press shift to shadowstep all the time. And even if you were fairly adequate at it, it was still easy to get stuck on railings and corners and stuff.

Personally, I feel b250 fade movement is much more fluent and comfortable.