Rookie Status

MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
I would like to the rookie green status in game be much longer than what it is currently. The reason for this is that the game has so much to learn that even after the first 50 hours for example your most likely still a rookie that doesn't know that much. Quite often i see in servers players that have been playing for a while (I have over 1000 hours myself) getting frustrated by rookies that are not green so they think that they have more hours than they actually have, not understanding that these new players still have a lot to learn so here is my suggestion:

Rookie green status to be on until the player has played alien and marine com, tried out each class of alien and has used each marine weapon as well as playing for 50 total hours (just an example) so that they have had time to get to know the game and it mechanics while also displaying to other players that they are still new to the game.

Comments

• sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    beteer yet, Green for 5 hours, then blue for another 10, times interchangeable
  • MaLuSMaLuS Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182769Members
    different color indicators would be nice too
  • fragglerfraggler Join Date: 2013-06-16 Member: 185588Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I actually think that would be a nice change!

There are so many rookies complaining that "the community" is unfriendly...

... what actually is no wonder,
    because most of th "experienced players" are frustrated of the "invisible rookies" destroying the game / fun for them.

I think easy changes could avoid this (current) terrible situation between experienced players & rookies.

I would suggest:
    - Green: Until played every alien class, used every rine weapon / feature, and played every official map at least twice.
    - Blue: Player did everything of the above but has less than (for example) 80 in game-hours.

Also I would add some kind of:
    "Rookie ONLY" Server feature which makes it impossible for players with over (for example) 80 in game hours to join the rookie friendly servers.

Reason:
    I have read a LOT of complains from rookies which said:
    "Even the rookie friendly servers are unfriendly to rookies and not helpful."

So, over 2 weeks, I tested some of them... and the sad truth is:
    They are - most of the time - right.

There are lots of "pro" players on the "rookie-friendly" severs which are simply unhelpful/unfriendly as***les.
    So actually the "rookie friendly" flag is useless at the moment...