Server List Showing as ? and empty

RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Ok, I need some help with this since it happens every now and then when I shut the game down and load it backup within 15 seconds of exiting the program. It doesn't do it every time though, just once in awhile that seems to plague me for hours then resolves itself. I can still play on these servers but chances are they are full and I get kicked back to menu. I am running on build 250, did verify by checking the console in game and on menu.

Some servers load but the vast majority don't. Can someone help me out with this? I've tried verifying game cache, clearing mods, even reinstalling did nothing. It isn't an issue that prevents me from playing the game but it's certainly annoying not being able to see whether or not you can play on that server.

Here's the screenshot of the server list.

noelns.jpg

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Typically, the ? and 999 ping is an indicator that the server your browser is querying is down. It usually only occurs when you have favorited a server that is not currently running.
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can enter the servers that show as ? completely fine, it will let me join if there's space. It's just like the normal "join server" except that it will kick you out if the server is full rather than queue you. Sorry to ask but did you see the giant ass screenshot? Almost every server is shown as ? 999 even if it's not favorited, only a few servers show up.

I entered many of those servers today but since most are full I can't tell which ones I can join.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Looks like you're on the wrong version of ns2, on steam right click ns2 and go to properties, then to betas and opt out; it could be possible you left opted in for one of the betas
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Did this ever fix your issue?
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No, I was already on the proper build but it eventually just went away. Thanks for your time though.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You could try messing with your steam server browser rate.
    Steam > settings > downloads > Game server browser max ping/rate > Try lowering it