Add a blacklist ability to the browser please.

nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
Im tired off seeing shit in my server listings thanks.

Comments

• amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    edited July 2013
    f!@#$@town really does annoy me too. and I think it is called for.

*edit cuz i got the name wrong... too many house of x's, i got crisscrossed.*
  • ZaliZali Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185668Members
    Agree, there are some terrible servers out that that I really don't need to see every time.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I made a thread suggesting this idea. Many other people have.

So UWE, gonna make the change? Seems simple enough.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm sure someone could do this in a mod in 10 minutes...
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    Who hasn't made a thread about this. Every server that kicks you for joining it when its not full should be automatically blacklisted forever. This means you tactical shithole.

Also, the servers that pretend to have 20 players but then are only bots, and as soon as you join they vanish *cough kingdiariahgames cough*

And lets not forget all the NO LAG NO LAG NO LAG servers that when you join everyone on the server is teleporting around as the server kills itself because it was built for webhosting
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    edited July 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Not sure. Is the server browser even moddable?

Anyway the solution is ridiculously easy. Take that little "favorite" heart, give it 3 states instead of two, change the appearance of the favorite state to green, and make the new third state a red heart with a slash through it. You don't even have to make the red heart DO anything, it's just a marker.

paint mockup of what it would look like. Note that this is not representative of my personal favorite settings (the list would be mostly empties, I am unsure of most of the servers shown)

pnTGTqd.jpg
    sotanaht wrote: »

Not sure. Is the server browser even moddable?

Anyway the solution is ridiculously easy. Take that little "favorite" heart, give it 3 states instead of two, change the appearance of the favorite state to green, and make the new third state a red heart with a slash through it. You don't even have to make the red heart DO anything, it's just a marker.

paint mockup of what it would look like. Note that this is not representative of my personal favorite settings (the list would be mostly empties, I am unsure of most of the servers shown)

pnTGTqd.jpg

doesn't help with my issue, i want something so i don't have to read derogatory names when i open up my server browser. before, UWE wasn't catering to our convenience, now UWE is tacitly endorsing racial slurs and homophobic behavior.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @sotanaht It is moddable, I had a server browser mod but it got outdated.

@amoral If your issue is "derogatory names" on servers, I for one haven't actually seen any but...really? I don't understand why people take such offence to words not even directed at them. If it really bothers you, like I said it IS moddable.
  • ampereampere Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181237Members
    There is a server called "F**ot town" (in the US at least that's a really pretty bad slur against homosexuals). It really does seem out of line for them to have that in their server name, it makes the community seem toxic and that's not a very good image. We want to make all kinds of people feel at home in the game and derogatory language against anyone interferes with that.

I would love to see a mod to hide servers and perhaps to censor the names (optionally with a configurable word list), since you cannot control what people put in their server names. That way people who don't want to see this stuff at least have the option not to.
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    Seems to be a US problem...I never had any problems with annoying servers in the EU...
    countbasie wrote: »
    Seems to be a US problem...I never had any problems with annoying servers in the EU...

yeah, it is our problem, but it could be your problem too. and now it is a problem, as opposed to a preference.
    @sotanaht It is moddable, I had a server browser mod but it got outdated.

@amoral If your issue is "derogatory names" on servers, I for one haven't actually seen any but...really? I don't understand why people take such offence to words not even directed at them. If it really bothers you, like I said it IS moddable.

i don't take offense in the same way i'm sure others would... i treat it as the ignorant being ignorant when i see it... but that doesn't mean i don't find it offensive, but that doesn't mean it's not distasteful. It may not be directed at you, but you should understand that it is directed at someone. I find it offensive in the same way i find it offensive when certain religious groups picket funerals. It is not their time, it is not their place. their motives are mean, and i should not have to tolerate them.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    ampere wrote: »
    There is a server called "F**ot town" (in the US at least that's a really pretty bad slur against homosexuals).

Welcome to the internet?

People have pretty thick skins these days, they need too...

ampere wrote: »
    There is a server called "F**ot town" (in the US at least that's a really pretty bad slur against homosexuals).

Welcome to the internet?

People have pretty thick skins these days, they need too...

that doesn't mean we condone it. blacklist should be relatively simple considering we already have a favorites button.