The Female Marine - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    I'll make it more clear for you.

The last post was satire, making fun of everything you and another have said. Each point I brought up was showing how dumb one other point is. NS2 being real or not, enjoying a more realistic look is fine. Complete accuracy does not matter, but enjoying something that is played straight is fine. Just because I can't edit a picture does not mean your edit is correct.

All of these points brought up on why a Female Bibmo should be apart of NS2 has been wrong. If you want to say you enjoy it, that I can't defend. I can call it tasteless, as it is. Body types in there most basic and stupid is males are upsidedown triangles, women are bowling balls. Both of these archetypes are dumb as can be and that is why I brought up the Male Marine. The Gears of Wars suffers from upsidedown triangles so I brought it in hoping you would understand how dumb the bowling ball female is.

If you can't understand that much... heh. Doesn't really matter, I don't need to convince you as what has been released is what is going into the game, and good thing for that.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    To be honest having a sexy female character will just have idiots drooling over it and following the female characters around, probably try to chat them up too, lol
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited July 2013
    i start over - Here is a fictional image i drew for a fictional game:

http://wallbase.cc/images/desktops/desk_23454.png
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    edited July 2013
    RadimaX wrote: »
    I know you already have the concept art and all but here is atleast my take on it:
    desk_23454.png

vote AWSOME if you think we should have HER in the game :)

i dont see how making females look LESS female is supporting them better so i added some hair and obviously an overpowered Chestplate ...Flamethrower
    I really like the hair that you added - it definitely makes her gender less ambiguous. The only problem I find with showing hair is that it leads to even more repetition if there are multiple female marines in-game. Hiding the hair would keep users guessing what kind of hair style each female marine has. Even though they all share the same face and skin tone (like male marines), the helmet provides mysteries and possibilities. That sounds really strange, but I hope you know what I mean.

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to body types and I think you have a lot of courage for sharing your idea. I just happen to disagree with the proportions shown here. Soldiers may vary in body types, but they're more likely to be of a stocky build, especially if they're grunts. Most military combat gear is baggy, so it results in different body types looking fairly similar to one another in the end. Your edit reminds me a lot of that one female race from Blade & Soul with the extremely long legs (which turned me off), so I guess my opinion is a bit biased.

If I could choose to, I would just make the pants a little less baggy and accentuate the curve of the butt. This could emphasize the female hips and lessen ambiguity. I just find the lower area of the female marine horrible to look at from the rear, both in the black armor renders and especially the concept art.
  • The_Flying_FishThe_Flying_Fish Join Date: 2003-11-30 Member: 23757Members
    edited July 2013
    I know you already have the concept art and all but here is atleast my take on it:

desk_23454.png

i dont see how making females look LESS female is supporting them better so i added some hair and obviously an overpowered Chestplate ...Flamethrower

slenderman
  • ZaliZali Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185668Members
    edited July 2013
    This mockup does make the original look like a slightly effeminate dude. I know UWE is all about equal rights for gays/transgenders/females/etc, but maybe it should look a bit more like a girl.

Perhaps they could add the original as a third "gender ambiguous" choice for people that don't like sexuality. The choices could then be "male", "female" and "shemale". Now that would be groundbreaking.

Just make sure they have the same hitboxes, otherwise the "shemale" will be the best choice since it is smaller and has less sticky-outy bits.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    That looks even more manly than ever!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can't figure out why this was announced now. The RPS white knight-a-thon and #1ReasonWhy avalanche subsided 2 months ago. And any r/Games front page hype from beating the horse will have subsided long before this is actually implemented (2-3 months). Hopefully some people will actually still care when this is re announced and publicized a week before actual integration.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @RadimaX The hair is great, the rest needs work though.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited July 2013
    Omg that's awful... and you think THAT thing is more "female"? Have you really seen a real female... I mean, out of video games?

She is awful, looks more like an alien to me.
    I can't even understand how someone can say the Uwe female skin doesn't look like a female. It's like video games, mainstream medias and advertisements are taking over your reality... it's really frightening.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    i start over - Here is a fictional image i drew for a fictional game:

It also appears to be a fictional species.
    edited July 2013
  • The_Flying_FishThe_Flying_Fish Join Date: 2003-11-30 Member: 23757Members
    i simply made what my girlfriend looks like.

oh cool so either you haven't actually looked at your girlfriend or you're outright lying and don't have one at all because those are some fucked up proportions and no one looks like that
  • BentRingBentRing Join Date: 2003-03-04 Member: 14318Members
    This thread went to shit.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members

desk_23454.png

slenderman

No fatties in the army!
    edited July 2013
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Do you really think anorexia causes the hip bones to shrink?
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    wiry wrote: »
    No fatties in the army!

I'm OFFENDED! Prepare to get SUED.
    edited July 2013
    edited July 2013
    Mashup of another female character that shows the proportions are not that much off even when a fictional character dont have any actual proportions to go after becouse there is no guidelines for something non-existing, it dont have any place in the real world. it is a game. it is a drawing.

mTe508T.jpg
    edited July 2013
    well i try to share an image i draw its sad it has to lead to personal attacks:
    here is just a comparison to FEMALE and MALE characters, maby you can spot the difference

This is an extremely sensitive topic. The modification and re-posting of UWE's art with blatantly incorrect and provocative labeling will not be tolerated.

*IMAGE REMOVED*

(the male to the right is the existing female model i used)
    i dont know how this is concidered being sexist. im just comparing 2 images here where we can se the general shapes of the female models.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Radimax your concept of what half of your species looks like is... I don't even...
  • BennyBenny Join Date: 2012-09-08 Member: 158585Members
    edited July 2013
    The human body comes in all shapes and sizes. See this amazing set of photos of Olympic athletes.

Secondly on the idea of 'realism', I believe (though correct me if I'm wrong) that UWE are going with a logical approach. Of course this is Sci-fi, but keeping to keep it relatable and not breaking immersion helps the world 'fit' that much more.
    See Starship Troopers or the latest Dredd movie. Their worlds and character design are great and both quite grounded in realistic ideas.

[Edit]: Forgot to mention this. Ultimately NS2 is a competitive game, and therefore in order to keep it fair at all levels all decisions have to revert back to that basic mentality. The art style and content they choose must compliment the competitive game or it will break it.
    edited July 2013
    i am sorry about the missunderstanding, did not know unknown worlds had a policy against the use of un-copyrighted images.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @RadimaX you got it all wrong boy. The girls playing in her skin are no lil girls or objects. They play NS motherf*** 2! They are your war buddies, not your girl friends. (They'd probably reject you anyway ^^). Besides, you're supposed to win the battle, not constantly staring on their behind. If she'd be a sexualized trope there would be no more rine wins on pubs! A huge nom nom fest for skuls, cuz' to them all the filthy humans look the same anyway!
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Natural Selection 2 is the struggle for survival between two species – One species just got a whole lot tougher

Epic line! A lot of girls I know realy wanted that and are sooo happy and looking forward to it.

Show 'dem boys WHO's realy kickin' it.

Oh, and UWE. You should consider a female gourge, too. I know quite some Ladys, who would purcase the hell out of that as a 1,99 € DLC

I'm just sayin'

Greetings from Germany! Just broke the 600h Mark. Thanks for so many hours for 25 Bucks (suck on that tripple A)
    (plus deluxe edition) Supported you! .. big fan.
    edited July 2013
    this is not in any way of form a repost, modification or use of anything previously existing. This is 1 layer of line art made from scratch in photoshop with additional text showing 2 different shapes of females, the one on the left represents the female the one on the right believe it or not ALSO represents a female, if someone find this sensitive or incorrect or provocative or offensive then something must be seriously wrong:

zRucN4l.png

*this does only reflect my personal opinion and does not represent any work from unknown world entertainment* to clarify the image contains 2 different body types look like and to me the left one looks less like a man.