Can some servers run on the build 249?

Mad selectionMad selection Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176967Members
Wonder if it's gonna be possible in mod at the very least.

Comments

• ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited June 2013
    Build 250 is out and it's great, what issues are you having that you'd need to revert? If it's for a mod to be updated try and contact the mod dev on the workshop page. I'd disable any mods that aren't working for the time being until you see that they're updated
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I think he is asking if there will be servers running build 249(no balance) or a mod that will revert to 249. Which it is possible. I might know 1 that will consider it.
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Wonder if it's gonna be possible in mod at the very least.

If you check in your NS2 folder all older builds are archived in a folder called "builds". You can set it up as a mod and upload it to the steam workshop. Should you choose to do this please properly set up your mod so it has a game tag that differentiates it from a 250 server so you don't have people mistakenly join who are looking for another experience and so people who want to play this version can easily find it in the server browser.

You can find information on setting up mods here: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/categories/modding
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sure it's possible. You may as well let it go though, the demand for that won't last long, especially as more future patches build off of 250.
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    There is already a mod in the workshop for this
  • unter_hosenunter_hosen Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11858Members, Constellation
    Tharos wrote: »

There is?

Where abouts?
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Tharos wrote: »

Pics or it didn't happen
  • Tom-RTom-R Join Date: 2013-01-09 Member: 178515Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    Ah, I don't see the point of going back to 249; 250 is superior tenfold.

In your opinion. It's not a fact.

• Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Build 250 is out and it's great, what issues are you having that you'd need to revert? If it's for a mod to be updated try and contact the mod dev on the workshop page. I'd disable any mods that aren't working for the time being until you see that they're updated
    Issue: its not fun.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    dePARA wrote: »
    How about an mod reverting the game back to alpha?
    Shooting the cardboard character with 5 fps was so great.

Well since change = bad you must be right, all hail NS2 build 001, why does Flayra hate us and force us to have new things?
    Tom-R wrote: »

Woah, captain obvious.. almost didn't recognize you without your cape!
    Mattk50 wrote: »

Oh, that's so nice and vague of you. I guess better game mechanics, matches that now give a feeling of not knowing who is really winning and having major comebacks a possibility now is totally not fun.

Don't forget the extra team welding, and the fact that people are now constantly carrying welders to save structures.. ohh and don't forget the improved alien movement, the one where you hold W and press spacebar along a wall to gain speed easier.. oh oh and don't forget the fade, jump and tap blink then keep hitting jump.. it's so complex and difficult to gain high speeds now!!! God forbid the fade was left at a high skill floor so that it was only being utilized as a walker-fade in public play, and don't forget the fan favorite forever-fades... coming soon to a tram near you!

Ah.. and how could I forget, aliens scaling better late game with biomass; And the ability to make specific structures without a hive requirement..

Yeah there are issues that will be smoothed out along the time, but this mod plays out better than any version of natural selection 2 we've had even though currently it's favoring pretty heavy on the alien side.

If this is the reason for you to quit, "It's not fun" then as we say at work, "Have a nice day."
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow, easy there boy ezekel. Did he ever say he was gonna quit?
    You guys are so aggressive.
    He just wanted to know if there was possible to get a server running 249. Don't need to sharpen the battle axe.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter

Well since change = bad you must be right, all hail NS2 build 001, why does Flayra hate us and force us to have new things?

I haven't heard anything from Flayra since 2012, is he still in UWE?
    xen32 wrote: »

I haven't heard anything from Flayra since 2012, is he still in UWE?

Yep, if you watch reddogs visit to UWE you see Flayra and he was testing a "prototype" for their next game
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I found build 249 fun, i dont find build 250 fun. That is my reasoning for wanting to play build 249.

You sure went on the defensive fast.
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    edited June 2013
    I found build 249 fun, i dont find build 250 fun. That is my reasoning for wanting to play build 249.

The white knighting in strong here. Mentioning one thing wrong and they coming charging at you with swords drawn.

And don't forget... How dare you not like something I like!
    edited June 2013
    MisterNubs wrote: »

The white knighting in strong here. Mentioning one thing wrong and they coming charging at you with swords drawn.

Im sorry, i tried my best to love it, but some things just weren't destined by the gods.

Now if only i could play build 249 in peace~

actually i can, right here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156091637&searchtext=

Come join us! we have servers up with people!
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    MisterNubs wrote: »

Im sorry, i tried my best to love it, but some things just weren't destined by the gods.

Now if only i could play build 249 in peace~

actually i can, right here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=156091637&searchtext=

Come join us! we have servers up with people!

I feel this warrants a new thread ;)

BTW you can find the server by filtering by NS2249 in server browser.
  • NH_NH_ Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185712Members
    Ill join. I also do not find 250 fun. Why should I have to relearn alien movement to get the same effect?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    If you want a 249 server, pay for it yourself.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Build 250 is fantastic. I'm enjoying NS2 even more now and it makes me want to play the game again.

I never understood why some people dislikes the new changes. It brings me does about those who are negative are does who haven't played enough NS2. When being an old veteran or an experience player, you'll be aware of the balance issues that was before build 250 and now it's finally fixed.
    The point isnt that there are positives, its that they come with a truckload of negatives. BT fixed many problems but it wasnt worth the silly things that didnt need to be sacraficed that were.
    The point isnt that there are positives, its that they come with a truckload of negatives. BT fixed many problems but it wasnt worth the silly things that didnt need to be sacraficed that were.

Strange that you've yet to list those negatives/problems, you had plenty of time to voice your opinions while BT was occurring; a good 3 months maybe even more. It's like being asked to go in to replace your point guard in basketball, but telling the coach you'd rather sit on the bench and watch

And hey that's what you did
    Kattcattis wrote: »
    Wow, easy there boy ezekel. Did he ever say he was gonna quit?
    You guys are so aggressive.
    He just wanted to know if there was possible to get a server running 249. Don't need to sharpen the battle axe.

Meet
    Tom-R wrote: »

And

edited June 2013
    Lay off geez. If someone wants to play an older version of the game why do you care. So what if he makes, what is in your opinion of an invalid argument. This is another problem build 250 brings, everyone has to bitch at each other for not agreeing with them. People are entitled to their opinions. 8-|
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    People need to chill out in this thread. People who want to play 249 should be able to play it, and those who enjoy 250 should be able to enjoy it in peace. No need for pointless squabbling over which patch is "better."
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    No need for pointless squabbling over which patch is "better."
    You must be new here.
    edited June 2013
    They can play whichever version they desire, they just replied to my "opinion" in what I found hostile even though text you can see it's hostile

And no man ever fought a knife with kind words (at least me)