ADHD's frag video

.ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
<div class="IPBDescription">More to come / more polished ones</div>Just something I threw together after recording a handful of public games. I want to make some more in depth ones eventually as well with more effects and transitions. I need a little help with that end though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKjtys4e9Hc&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKjtys4e9Hc...eature=youtu.be</a>

Comments

• PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited November 2012
    No alien footage... boooooo.
    Honestly an Alien one would be much more useful at the moment for teaching our noobies! :)

---
    Responsible responses aside... pretty cool! :)
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2006929:date=Nov 2 2012, 06:36 PM:name=PsympleJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsympleJester @ Nov 2 2012, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006929"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No alien footage... boooooo.
    Honestly an Alien one would be much more useful at the moment for teaching our noobies! :)

---
    Responsible responses aside... pretty cool! :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

2:24 - 3:00. Alien footage.

PS pub frag movies, oh well..
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    edited November 2012
    Owning people who have played the game less than 10 hours while you have played for the whole beta and you have Shotgun, JP, lvl 3 upgrades. This was just TL;DW tbh.

Edit: Also, give this man a squad five for this! Truly remarkable contribution for the community. Hooray!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Gorge frag video would be impressive. Pub stomp one not so much.
  • PyromaniacPyromaniac Join Date: 2009-02-20 Member: 66498Members
    you sure owned those first day players
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    This is squad5 material for sure. Hell, give this man squad9 for this incredible display.
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    Level 3 wps shotty vs floor skulks and fades that hold down left mouse button.

/clap

not worth the watch
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    edited November 2012
    Lol, just because good players realize that what I am doing in the video isn't special doesn't mean people who have never played the game wouldn't be intrigued by the video. Such harsh judging egos.... :/

I highly doubt anyone hands out squad 5 for being a "good player"... which is not the point of the video.

Besides I am just trying to get feedback for a future video I am working on.

I think I might post one that is all alien footage uncut. It wouldn't be a montage but just showing new players effective ways to play alien. And I could add commentary perhaps.

Or, I could put together a video of all my most pathetic and embarrassing deaths if that would make for a more entertaining video for the "elite" to watch.

It actually to a surprising amount of time to play those rounds, and go back and fraps them and edit them into a video lining up with the music. Took quite a bit of effort, and it shows off the game. In my opinion it's better to see someone doing well in a video then watching someone die a ton and not show off the different aspects of the game. That's my only defense because yes it is slightly mean to pub stomp new people, but hey!
  • ALEALE Join Date: 2004-03-17 Member: 27383Members
    Get rid of your GUI ###### for moviemaking and sync your frags with the audio. Use a viewable aspect ratio, 16:9 for instance.

Put some effort in encoding your video (dunno what's the hot stuff these days x264 maybe?), it looks horrible right now.

Get proper video editing software etc.

After you do this stuff and actually put +100 hours of effort in total, you'll be lucky to end up with a few minutes of decent material.
  • EganEgan Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166190Members
    edited November 2012
    I am new to the game, atm around ~17 hours of gameplay. I liked most of the video, your aim is really good. Though, when you got to cargo at the end of the video there were a bunch of eggs lying all over the floor that you could have destroyed. From my knowledge eggs (other than aliens of course) were the first target for marines. Were you just farming kills?

I think I actually played against you on the 2nd of November, so I was lookin' for my name on the top right of the screen. The unfortunate thing is that pros vs noobs is agonizingly unfun for the noobs. The somewhat ok thing is it teaches us where the death traps are. So although it does teach us things, it's not a very good way to do it.

Also, ADHD, your forum avatar isn't showing up at this time.
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    I think the best way to go is to make short clips that you upload whenever you catch something epic on record and try to get some good sync with music etc...
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2010104:date=Nov 4 2012, 01:20 PM:name=FrankerZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FrankerZ @ Nov 4 2012, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2010104"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think the best way to go is to make short clips that you upload whenever you catch something epic on record and try to get some good sync with music etc...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

like this?

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgB9xJrflzg"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TgB9xJrflzg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Watching that video there is like one questionable shot with sg reg.. pretty much all the misses/partials i saw were justified tbh...
  • KootKoot Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165949Members
    edited November 2012
    NS2 and Frags... mate this ain't Quake 3.
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    I thought for sure there was going to be some clips of me getting stomped, but thankfully it was all from pubs.
  • NokyNoky Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71295Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Rating of 1-10:

Content: 3

Most of your content involved you being in an already over powered position. It looks like most of this footage is toward the end of a game when you already have a huge advantage. Other content involved just being sneaky, no real skill involved. Your first clip was your best, but you used it in the beginning of the video. You might want to save that for later considering I didn't see any thing near as impressive of that the entire movie.

Music: 5

Music is stale. Gives no hype. Really brought down your intro for sure. Didn't really flow with the game play at all.

Editing: 2

You only used fade over transitions. There's tons of things you can add to a video to help your scenes flow better and possibly coordinate with your music. Remember not to over edit though. This is a common mistake for ownage videos.

Overall: I'd probably rate this a 3 out of 10.

You can watch plently of successful old videos that have been successful to give yourself an idea for your next vid. Fana has made tons of vids, there's also old clans from NS1 Terror and Exigent that put out some really good vids. If you want to improve your video making and turn this into a real hobby. You need to watch other peoples ######. It's the most important for improvement. I watch tons of CS, NS, and WoW ownage vids. First movie I made I did really great since I played with transitions and synced the music with my editing to create a good feel to the viewer. I think I got like a 4.4/5 rating. Second video I went crazy and over edited and used only mediocre content and got a 2/5 rating. Any ways, what I've learned. Don't over edit, and don't make a movie unless you're going to provide content that is above average, and or also bringing new perspective to the game.
  • HalfcentaurHalfcentaur Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182612Members
    Noobs were harmed in the making of this video.

good one
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    You are a horrible person, you know that right? People like you should not be joining games with others so clearly out of their league as to ruin the game for everyone on both sides.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    .ADHd wrote: »
    I highly doubt anyone hands out squad 5 for being a "good player"... which is not the point of the video.
    How the hell did fana get a squad 5 award then? :P

• Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Don't care adhd is banned from the servers I play on, which is most of them. Adhd is good at killing things but he is not a good player.
  • .ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
    You just made my wall of quotes ^^^
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Nice aim, altho it's not 4k resolution / 120 Hz / material from 30 final games where you kill the whole Archea team on your own / cut together by a professional director... you're such a bad person :(

(you're not allowed to play on public servers btw., play offline and train by shooting the armory while jumping around)
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    i wonder if this is whats gonna go down in history as the best frag video in ns2 LOL
  • cyanidecyanide Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185567Members
    adhd, biggest tool in ns2
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Everybody out, topic on fire!
    **locked**
This discussion has been closed.