Onos Bar 32 Man server

RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
Its been fun guys but after this latest patch it has rendered the mod/server/map useless that's a good couple of months fixing the problems to suddenly have them all put back in but worst..I want to thank the masses of you who player on our server and for all the great comments.

but anyway we have ditched this game now so that's another 60 odd players down the drain ....good job uwe ...

if anyone wants to keep up with us we have moved to Planet Side 2 and a few other games (check our TS server)

TeamSpeak IP: 72.8.172.121:19766

Comments

• ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Have a big cry mate.

Good riddance to that server.
  • kuruptkurupt Join Date: 2005-03-24 Member: 46347Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Oh HAi 32player skirt wearing server is down at last you might be able to get a new tank top to wear with your skirt bahahah
  • softpasoftpa Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185717Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well, it was painful to keep up with UWE. I guess its better for us to just leave it.
  • MrFrustrationMrFrustration Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72471Members
    softpa wrote: »
    Well, it was painful to keep up with UWE. I guess its better for us to just leave it.

Endless coats of paint on a completely rotten foundation.
    Server performance has always sucked, the promised rewrite is obviously never happening, and their solution is to pretend that literal years supposedly spent making sure they got the balance right got it so completely wrong they needed a complete do-over.

But hey, it only halved the player base again.
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Considering we were the most popular server for a good couple of months I thought it would be best to say bye to our player base and scatter if I remember right you were banned ...so yeah oh well Thought it was the decent thing to do catch you all later
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    32 player server has died, why was I not invited to the party!!!
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Revy wrote: »
    Considering we were the most popular server for a good couple of months
    best joke i have seen so far in the forums ;)!

• NexZone30NexZone30 Join Date: 2013-06-27 Member: 185719Members
    Yeah I have to say this was one of the best servers out there. I enjoyed a lot of the players and you guys behind the camera were doing an amazing job. I also love the mods and the balance. Sadly, I wish there was a few more custom maps like the ones from the beggining.
  • ZaliZali Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185668Members
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Revy, Appreciate the heads up.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    ...the promised rewrite is obviously never happening...
    It happened when build 249 went live with the new LuaJIT code which runs a million times faster and has drastically improved performance across the board.
    ...Server performance has always sucked...
    Recommended maximum is 24 players. Bypassing that to 32p and complaining about performance? lol
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    @Revy

Im sure your server didnt had a really playerbase and its always funny that admins thinking:"Hey, my server is the most played one, so i have the best ns2 server".

Im sure another idiot-admin host a "NO LAG !!! 35 SLOT server of AWSOMENESS" soon.
  • MrFrustrationMrFrustration Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72471Members
    edited June 2013
    *snip* Be nice other members of this community or do not post at all. -Ironhorse
    edited June 2013
    Considering we were the most popular server for a good couple of months I thought it would be best to say bye to our player base and scatter if I remember right you were banned ...so yeah oh well Thought it was the decent thing to do catch you all later

You don't remember correctly.

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited June 2013
    Well, I think it's a good thing to be perfectly honest, that means more people for the smaller (and imo better) servers, and if you say that everyone who plays on that server is going to stop now that it's gone. lol.

Also,
    Considering we were the most popular server for a good couple of months

Hahaha, oh wow, that was a good one.

Like someone already said, there was NO need to make a big show and try to get people to feel sorry that you don't like the game anymore, it just makes us think less of you.
  • RicezRicez Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184784Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Well, I think it's a good thing to be perfectly honest, that means more people for the smaller (and imo better) servers, and if you say that everyone who plays on that server is going to stop now that it's gone. lol.

If every server was a 32 player server, would you stop playing?

• fat catfat cat Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164696Members, Reinforced - Silver
    thats unfortunate, i will miss the onos bar server and revy :/
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do you think your server is special? Those 60 people aren't gonna leave just because you are. Thanks for closing the server. Goodbye and good riddance.
  • Internet_EmperorInternet_Emperor Join Date: 2013-06-08 Member: 185512Members
    I would care, but I completely stopped playing this game. I had the urge to come back, but for some reason I have one server visible on my browser. This was pretty much the only server I played as the regular game was not nearly as fun. All I would play otherwise was Combat and I could only tolerate that for 15 minute intervals.

Also the gigantic siege map you tried to make was pure garbage Revvy, the small maps were just fine for 32 player.
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members
    edited June 2013
    *Snip* You've been warned enough times. -Ironhorse
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    Thanks for all the messages on steam guys, and yeah I was a bit hesitant about putting a post on the NS2 forums because of the amount of people that were banned on our server but hey your going to get neckbeards its a forum lol... but one thing I will say about the 60 of us that left and are not playing... It was not just today that we all decided it was a while ago we have slowly but surely just left the game sadly.

but anyone I am not going to feed the certain few on this forum so yeah enjoy all !
    Xao, defender of the mediocre. Next minute we will be told reality TV is good because it is popular.

But like a broken record you will continue to ramble on about stacking in Australia like anyone in the world gives a shit what happens in this region. Template posts get boring m8.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Scatter wrote: »
    Next minute we will be told reality TV is good because it is popular.

Leave. Now.
  • cyanidecyanide Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185567Members
    what's wrong with jersey and & geordie shore scatter? WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT MATE!
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    "Onos Bar (Server is closing due to UWE) " , lol, yes please
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seriously... some of the comments in this thread are really disgusting. Way to treat people that invested their time in providing a community server...

I never played on that server, so I have no idea what it was like. But kicking someone on their way out is just low.
  • DoppleDopple Join Date: 2002-12-31 Member: 11698Members
    Onos Bar was one of a kind and a hell of a contrast to the 6v6 competitive snorefests. On Onos Bar, it was 16v16 constant action. Pushes on two fronts. Rushes everywhere. It also had adjusted settings. Welders cost 3 res, Mines 10 res (4 to a pack), Onos was actually fearsome and not a paper mache doll, and more. It was also CONSTANTLY full, I had to wait 30 minutes to get a slot only to be denied because my ping is a bit too slow. It was what NS2 should have been - a 32 player spamfest designed for pub play.

So long, Onos Bar. You will be missed.
This discussion has been closed.