UWEs next game, what would you like to see?

Comments

• male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Revy wrote: »
    I would like to see a new dev team lol....or a team that ACTUALLY listens to there playbase...rather than there " Pro " base

Yeh, great post. If UWE had listened to the 'pro base' then there would most likely not be a need for a balance mod right now.

try again..
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    edited June 2013
    All I hear is day in day out complaints about UWE and pretty much 90% of the time I and many others agree UWE was not ready for this, which a lot of the vets agree'd on back in beta.

the poor coding the terrible lua files with spelling mistakes and shoddy indexing and why aim for such a small audience with this " Pro " market which flopped badly.
    I really could go on forever with this and just have the normal people who suck up to the devs heh

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=4920&from=0
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I'd love to see an atmospheric thriller/horror shooter set in the NS universe, the engine really is beautiful and I don't get to experience the beauty playing online (and lowest settings for visual reasons, need basic textures to focus)

Something like a quake4, except done better could be a pretty awesome singleplayer experience
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Personally, i would like to see what charlie is working on in secret heh.

Yea the engine does look beautiful and a singleplayer would be incredibly awesome, but i would wager uwe has neither the resources or the desire to go singleplayer sadly :(.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    All I hear is day in day out complaints about UWE and pretty much 90% of the time I and many others agree UWE was not ready for this, which a lot of the vets agree'd on back in beta.

the poor coding the terrible lua files with spelling mistakes and shoddy indexing and why aim for such a small audience with this " Pro " market which flopped badly.
    I really could go on forever with this and just have the normal people who suck up to the devs heh

They didn't cater to the "pro" market. If they did, the competitive scene wouldn't be almost completely dead in north america right now. There are literally only 2 div 1 teams (Dn, nxzl), and maybe 4 div 2 teams (OnsL, Rage, EO, Singularity). Considering that I've already heard talk of the two div 1 teams moving to europe next season, it's safe to say that north american NS2 is pretty much done.
  • RevyRevy Join Date: 2008-03-22 Member: 63928Members
    The game is only built for a server with 16 players that is only a little higher than there 12 game comp game version meh either way its fucked
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation

It's forums mate, people don't sign up to give UWE a clap on the back. They sign up to voice their problems about the game and try and sway others to feel the same, when they hit critical mass then developers start taking notice. If you only read forums for every single game that was released, you would swear there isn't a good playable game thats been released EVER.

In saying that, there is alot of valid criticism but 99% is drowned out by tards.
  • eh?eh? Join Date: 2012-03-03 Member: 147997Members
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow

They didn't cater to the "pro" market. If they did, the competitive scene wouldn't be almost completely in north america right now. There are literally only 2 div 1 teams (Dn, nxzl), and maybe 4 div 2 teams (OnsL, Rage, EO, Singularity). Considering that I've already heard talk of the two div 1 teams moving to europe next season, it's safe to say that north american NS2 is pretty much done.

SM is probably Div 2 also

But sadly what you're saying is right :/
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow

They didn't cater to the "pro" market. If they did, the competitive scene wouldn't be almost completely in north america right now. There are literally only 2 div 1 teams (Dn, nxzl), and maybe 4 div 2 teams (OnsL, Rage, EO, Singularity). Considering that I've already heard talk of the two div 1 teams moving to europe next season, it's safe to say that north american NS2 is pretty much done.
    I wouldn't worry too much. We're just in the grip of the 'summer curse' that strikes most competitive communities.
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Some kind of co-op, story/scenario based game build in the NS universe could be awesome - more of an NS2 mod idea than a new game though, probably...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I spend so much time commuting, I'd love to see something decent to play on my mobile phone :)
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ScardyBob wrote: »

I wouldn't worry too much. We're just in the grip of the 'summer curse' that strikes most competitive communities.

Yeah, but have you seen what comp ns2 looks like right now? It's not something that people want to come back to... the teams that I've talked to are all thinking about quitting :/
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I would like to see a new dev team lol....or a team that ACTUALLY listens to there playbase...rather than there " Pro " base

It's clear from this sentence, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Keep drinking that old gone-off koolaid.

Their next game I'd like to see, something totally different from the NS universe. I can imagine working with the NS IP for over 10 years would get a bit stale. I think it would be great to have something fun, new, that UWE could make a ton of money off.
  • b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    The Division: NS3 kthx
  • piratedavepiratedave Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148561Members
    unlike most people in this thread, im here for NS2 ... not for UWE

Any new game that UWE creates will have to stand on its own merits. I would imagine there would be some support from UWE fanboys, otherwise the rest of the NS1/2 community wont be interested unless it was in the same genre of RTS/FPS.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    edited June 2013
    Considering that I've already heard talk of the two div 1 teams moving to europe next season, it's safe to say that north american NS2 is pretty much done.

Ha!
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Expand on La Fauche, a non linear, adaptive, replay driven coop epionage / heist game.

Whatever they decide with, it should be a lot quicker to develop. In the sense that they've now had the experience and built tools to get products (hopefully) put together quickly.
  • cyanidecyanide Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185567Members
  • cyanidecyanide Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185567Members

They listen to hugh and his the biggest ns2 nub in history(self-confessed).... Hugh ILY!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Also when is someone 'pro' and when 'casual'. When a fan?
    probase is part of the playbase.. so the statement itself is also flawed.

The entire playerbase is not on the forums, hence getting feedback of the pro & more enthusiastic is not that odd.
    Also its not entirely weird that they somewhat take in mind the fans because people like that got Charlie far enought so that he could even seriously look for investors and stuff. (constellation program kept a lot afloat if I remember ok, if not correct me. )

They can only do there best with all the info they receive & there knowledge and a small piece of that info is there 'pro playerbase'.
    To think they only cater to the pro base is rediculous as history suggests uwe does all it can to survive and scrape by. I can not fathom that anyone would willingly alienate most of there playerbase because they do not post on a forum, and I never saw any real indication that uwe does such a ridiculous something.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    i would like to see a storybased shooter "Natural Selection: First Contact" around the beginnings of the conflict.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    I'd like to see a single-player FPS game involving a technologically-advanced alien race. Perhaps a precursor of NS3. ;)
  • FrizzlecatFrizzlecat Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183752Members
    The existence of this thread angers me.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Frizzlecat wrote: »
    The existence of this thread angers me.

Why?

Also, can we get back on topic.

• LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Same game, only 5 commanders and one super fieldplayer.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Single-player/coop campaign that introduces people into the universe and game mechanics of the NS2.
    Commanding your troops to victory one moment, crapping you pants in a dark steel corridor the next.
    There's really a lot you could do with all the existing content and themes.
    With all the art, assets and game engine to build off it would be something of clever move. Just as long as it was more than a playable tutorial that is.