recycling welders

carnage-wp-carnage-wp- Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162250Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
when you're in possession of a welder, it doesn't show a welder icon over top of welders dropped on the ground.

hopefully there could be a small fix for this, as it does cost res to buy those welders, and i think its important to be able to effectively recycle any marine gear dropped on the ground.

Comments

• carnage-wp-carnage-wp- Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162250Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    hey devs! small fix in B250!? plz and thank you
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    You want to be able to pick up multiple welders? Run back to base and drop 7 welders on the ground you've found on the floor? :-/

Why not do it with weapons, too? Let me walk around with three shotguns I've found.. 24 rounds before needing to reload... nice!
  • GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    No.. he wants to be able to see dropped welders so he can refresh the decay timer.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    Sherlock wrote: »
    You want to be able to pick up multiple welders? Run back to base and drop 7 welders on the ground you've found on the floor? :-/

Why not do it with weapons, too? Let me walk around with three shotguns I've found.. 24 rounds before needing to reload... nice!

I think you hallucinated some extra words in the first post?

I agree the dropped welder is entirely too easy to not notice, also we have no clue as to how long is left on the 'evaporation' timer. When I see a welder / shotgun sitting around a corner, I never know if I will get there in time. Its a risk to run out there alone to grab the item, even worse when it evaporates just as you get there!!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Also, while we are on the topic of dropped welders... WTB weapon priority when picking up items in a group. I cant tell how you many times I sprint to my sg/welder drop and pick up the welder first then die to a skulk. Not sure if that was ever fixed ever. I haven't paid much attention to it lately.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    joshhh wrote: »
    Also, while we are on the topic of dropped welders... WTB weapon priority when picking up items in a group. I cant tell how you many times I sprint to my sg/welder drop and pick up the welder first then die to a skulk. Not sure if that was ever fixed ever. I haven't paid much attention to it lately.

I forgot to mention that in my post! Yes that is super annoying. WHY does he pick up the welder first? And WHY is there a 1 second pause after picking up a weapon before he will pick up the next weapon?? I'm smashing G like a maniac while this skulk casually bites me dead, while I watch my marine pick up a welder and just stare at it for a second .. oh this is a nice welder.. mm hmm.. what else is here oh look a shotgu-ARRRGGGGGG