Gorge digest spray - recycle for aliens

STIMULUS_PACKAGESTIMULUS_PACKAGE Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185608Members
It would be nice to have a mechanism to recycle (or just dissolve) unnecessary alien structures using a gorge "digest spray". A comm could click on an unwanted structure(s) and mark for digesting and a gorge could then digest with a spray, recycling some team res. A rine comm can recycle accidentally placed redundant structures, but not alien comm. Making the alien comm have to select structures for digest would prevent griefer gorges from ruining alien play. Just a thought as I see a lot of alien structure spam and this could allow gorges to have some more interaction with the comm. I love playing gorge and this would be fun for me!

Comments

• KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    troll gorge will digest carapace shell?
    But I really want a mechanic for alien comm to recycle structures... I don't know how many times I have placed an unwanted spur x_x
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    ^ read the 4th sentence in the OP.
  • STIMULUS_PACKAGESTIMULUS_PACKAGE Join Date: 2013-06-18 Member: 185608Members
    Only if the comm clicked the shell could a gorge recycle. It would require comm approval.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Don't really know why a gorge would be needed. If you wanted a recycle function for alien Khamm, why not just replicate marine recycle. No field player interaction needed.
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    well joshhh this is an asymmetrical game meaning there are few things that are the same for both teams, not to mention the fact that the marine recycling makes sense, plus this would make perfect sense for the aliens if you ask me
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    It would certainly promote more gorge<>commander synergy that is going to be needed for the upcoming balance mod when it goes live.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited June 2013
    sounds very nice, the gorge healspray can disolve the unwanted structure instead of healing it, wouldnt even need a new ability.

for the commander the mist or a drifter could do it too?
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    Marines losing before 10mins = Comm recycling IPs.
    Aliens losing before 10mins = Comm recycling Hive? Haha.
  • stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    Hit the recyclebutton on a harvester -> It diggests itself and creates a few eggs from its biomass. Maybe 5?! Aliens can spawn from there. Makes echoing harvesters more interesting and can be a way out of spawnkilling marines :)
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    This could be a good addition and it obviously promotes the kam/gorge relationship :)
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2013
    SeeVee wrote: »
    This could be a good addition and it obviously promotes the kam/gorge relationship :)

It also promotes Troll Gorges

The Khammander is the only one who should be able to "decompose" alien structures
  • derfyderfy Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164630Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This would require the comm to mark a structure for digesting. I know this because I read the first post.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2013
    Nazo wrote: »

The Khammander is the only one who should be able to "decompose" alien structures

A comm could click on an unwanted structure(s) and mark for digesting and a gorge could then digest with a spray, recycling some team res.

soo, what is your point again? You're the second guy who is not reading the first post at all. Just a rant or did i miss anything?
    nvm...

An idea i'd like to see implemented.
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Shift hive, move things around. Marines can recycle, aliens can relocate.
  • NazoNazo Such Is Life in The Zone Join Date: 2010-12-16 Member: 75720Members, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    xBlueXFoxx wrote: »

Marines can recycle and relocate, as long as someone is there to build the new structures

• xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    xBlueXFoxx wrote: »

Marines can recycle and relocate, as long as someone is there to build the new structures

Key note, someone has to be there. Aliens can use a drifter+mist to build something, and if they choose to also have a gorge+shift+drifter+mist to speed build a structure.

• RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited October 2013
    The interaction is needed or else think of veil you notice an arc factory next to nano and commander instantly digests and get all the res back then drops some expensive upgrades or eggs instead for money he would not have to spend otherwise. If marking structures you will then need to be able to get there as gorge or if its many crags you dont want, taking them from a location to another might be another 3 minutes at the speed they are moving unless you have shift. I like the idea of MARKING the structures a lot and instead of making like 12 buttons to press on the busy gorge menu make it so the acid from the bile or just healsprating on selected structure for 5 seconds dissolves it. if not marking it accidental biles or healing onoses next to crags would recycle the structures haha and we dont want that.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited October 2013
    SeeVee wrote: »

Not if the Kham has to select the structures first, then it is in fact troll-proof. Selected structures could be highlighted on the map for easy reference if you are gorge class or there could be the Alien version of the marines "proceed to way-point" arrows.