File not found error after server restart "SOLVED"

woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
edited June 2013 in Server Discussion
For the longest time when my server is restarted I get a "file not found" error when trying to join. I have to change the map in webadmins to clear the error before you can join, its then that webadmins starts reporting/acting proper. Anyone else have this issue ? O yea this only happens with mods (workshop files) in the queue.

Comments

• GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    are you sure the used mods are listed correct in your mapcycle.json ? i usually get file not found when something is missing there.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Yes checked that but what I find interesting is the mapcycle.json changes on its own to what ever the selected mods or maps happen to be at the time.
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    Maybe a spelling error on the map name
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You'll get this error if have your server start on a steam workshop map with putting its mod id in the launch parameters. For example, if your running a combat server and have co_rockdown set as the start map without its mod id (-mods 62b22b1) in the launch parameters, you'll get this error. Just add the starting map to the launch parameters or make sure to change the map once after starting the server to fix it.
  • woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    ScardyBoB your knowledge is scary :x . I did not have anything in the -mods box of tcadmins...Upon restart you can connect now without a map change however game browser shows as NS until a map change then it filters CO... no biggie... THANKS for the help
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    edited June 2013
    Some mods dont start when the server restarts. You can either force them with a mapchange or wait until the maptime runs out :)
    happens to our BT servers quite often ...

Edit: servers also activate the missing mods after the round ends. Youll notice a mapchange like timeout but the server will stay on the same map
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    woody wrote: »
    ScardyBoB your knowledge is scary :x . I did not have anything in the -mods box of tcadmins...Upon restart you can connect now without a map change however game browser shows as NS until a map change then it filters CO... no biggie... THANKS for the help
    To have it start with both combat and ns2_co_skylight you'll want this in your mod line
    -mods 5f35045 7b92d88