Build 249 hoses mod .entry files

ArtfunkelArtfunkel Join Date: 2013-05-10 Member: 185184Members
edited June 2013 in Technical Support
They aren't loaded, simple as that. ns2/lua/entry/readme.txt is still there so presumably this is a mistake.

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I assume that the code that loads the files was missed in the conversion? Shouldn't take long to fix.
    @IronHorse I TOLD you there'd be a hotfix!
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
  • MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    There was a problem where the modding framework was being loaded by NS2 when the mod is supposed to be the one loading the framework.

You will need to add Script.Load("lua/PreLoadMod.lua") and Script.Load("lua/PostLoadMod.lua") to your mod's entry files defined in game_setup.xml.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited June 2013
    @ghosthree3
    NOPE!
    No hotfix incoming.
    This was not a result of luajit, and was a change Brian had made to fix a problem, but as a byproduct it caused a problem for some mods.
    So some mods will have to adjust - its nothing drastic - just a pain for some.

All is fine, cancel the air sirens. :-P

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • ArtfunkelArtfunkel Join Date: 2013-05-10 Member: 185184Members
    You will need to add Script.Load("lua/PreLoadMod.lua") and Script.Load("lua/PostLoadMod.lua") to your mod's entry files defined in game_setup.xml.

I don't understand. The whole point of the entry file system was to avoid messing with game_setup.xml.

My entry file (lua/entry/teaminfohud.entry) currently looks like this:
    DebugPrint("TEAMINFOHUD")

Script.Load("lua/PreLoadMod.lua")

modEntry = [[
    Client: lua/TeamInfoHUD_Client.lua,
    Server: lua/TeamInfoHUD_Server.lua,
    Shared: lua/TeamInfoHUD_Shared.lua,
    Priority: 5
    ]]

Script.Load("lua/PostLoadMod.lua")

Nothing appears in the console and breakpoints in the file aren't hit in Decoda.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Artfunkel wrote: »

I don't understand. The whole point of the entry file system was to avoid messing with game_setup.xml.
    I'm glad I'm not the only pissed about this because the change makes zero sense.
  • ArtfunkelArtfunkel Join Date: 2013-05-10 Member: 185184Members
    edited June 2013
    Had a word with Sewlek, this has been an internal misunderstanding that will be fixed in the next patch.

In the meantime, I've edited Client.lua and Server.lua to load mods and that has revealed that Class_Reload() no longer (successfully) edits network tables. All of my mod's variables are nil on the client! Any ideas @Sewlek?

Edit: aha, PreLoadMod.lua needs to be called at the top of the file. PostLoadMod.lua goes at the bottom.