help with spark editor

HazikHazik Join Date: 2013-04-21 Member: 184925Members
edited May 2013 in Mapping
hi every 1
im trying to make a map for the frist time :-/ and i have came across a few things i dont know how to fix?

!. when im trying to drop a command chaire down. i get "out of rang" and im not sure why?
2. when i try to cyst out of the alien base i can only go to a point and then it wont let me go any far?
3. when i start up map buy useing "cheats 1" and run about my map like im in a match i see the power points are alread built and i cant tack them down as a alien?

Comments

• QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    Is your map on workshop ?
    Mite help if we can jump in and see whats going on.

1. Dont know about Comm chair not working, You sure your tech entity is above ground, also that your dropping your comm chair on an open teach point and not where the aliens are.
    2. This may be an issue with your maps pathing settings, how have you got them set up ?
    3. Power point entities are defaulted to build, so i believe they start built unless you modify the settings. Dunnop why you cant attack them though :S ?
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Check that your map has all of the following entities:

- ns2_gamerules
    - pathing_settings
    - location entities for all the areas you want to have power.
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Assuming you do have those entities in game:

1. You are unable to drop comm chair (or any other building I suspect) because of a pathing issue. What I think is occuring is that the area you are trying to build in is not connected to your starting base (pathing missing). I would check this by using cheats and then nav_debug - you should see the blue pathing go everywhere, but I'm guessing it stops somewhere.
    2. See #1 - I think you have pathing issues in your map
    3. I think Insane might be correct that you are missing the location entities that are required for power to function?

As Qwix said, if you have a version on the workshop (or just a dropbox link) it's easier to help with issues like this.
  • HazikHazik Join Date: 2013-04-21 Member: 184925Members
    edited May 2013
    hello mmmmmm

ive been trying to upload it to the workshop but all im getting at the moment is
    "Publish Failed: The specified mod could not be found on the Workshop."

is the pathing setting those little gray box? if so do you have to put them in ever
    corner or junction?

also is the location entities the box you put around each room and what not to say the diffent rooms?

i do have - ns2_gamerules set up :-)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Hazik wrote: »
    is the pathing setting those little gray box? if so do you have to put them in ever
    corner or junction?

also is the location entities the box you put around each room and what not to say the diffent rooms?

Yes, you actually only need 1 per map. The settings on it will modify the pathing, as visible via nav_debug.

Yes, location entity will put label on map, but also ties the power_point to the lights inside of it. It should envelop your room.
    hi again.

im finding it really hard to pubish my map on the workshop. as o keep getting

"Publish Failed: The specified mod could not be found on the Workshop."

any1 know why?
  • GobiGobi Join Date: 2013-05-28 Member: 185390Members
    edited June 2013
    Hi, did you figure out why it failed ?
    I had the same problem, I solved it by changing its name in "configure" panel.

edit: I failed, this solution is not working....

edit2: I created a new mod not a map, I published it empty then I copy/paste the output directory to the new mod output directory and it seems to work.
  • WhiteDevilWhiteDevil Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    It's because you need to go into mod.settings and delete the publish_id line. Then reupload.
    ok thank you. i will have a look. :-)