ENSL Div 1 Finals 14th@2100 (CEST)

2»

Comments

• JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    Grissi went large and killed 2 by himself. Only reason the cheese failed, dunno why no one seemed to notice. 
  • tummy_yummytummy_yummy Join Date: 2013-05-01 Member: 185073Members, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Have watched about a dozen Godar matches and it was clear in a few of these games that they weren't operating anywhere near Max Awesomeness, despite some strong starts
    Looking forward to seeing you guys roll Arc next season ;)
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members

Have watched about a dozen Godar matches and it was clear in a few of these games that they weren't operating anywhere near Max Awesomeness, despite some strong starts
    Looking forward to seeing you guys roll Arc next season ;)

Arc, make people shiver in der b00ts.

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    That was beyond handicapped man, they put all their early res into pg's and shotguns, then lost both, and were on 2 nodes the whole time.
    ARC is beyond skilled. So what? Better to watch ARC stomping their enemy for the 100st time? I just say, it could have been interesting. Even if it was to much for them to turn it around. At least it would have been some variation.

Face it, when they played 2 - 0, they probably thought: "Woah, lets make it not to boring. Lets try some cheese, if it doesn't work it won't turn out to an 4 - 0 at least."
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    _Necro_ said:
    That was beyond handicapped man, they put all their early res into pg's and shotguns, then lost both, and were on 2 nodes the whole time.
    ARC is beyond skilled. So what? Better to watch ARC stomping their enemy for the 100st time? I just say, it could have been interesting. Even if it was to much for them to turn it around. At least it would have been some variation.

Face it, when they played 2 - 0, they probably thought: "Woah, lets make it not to boring. Lets try some cheese, if it doesn't work it won't turn out to an 4 - 0 at least."
    Actually, they were thinking, "Veil is an alien biased map and Godar is an incredibly skilled alien team. Let's see if we can end this quickly with a win." At least that's how Fana explained it on NS2 Showtime. I honestly don't think they care all that much if the games are "boring" or not (Fana also said that he considered round 3 to be the most boring of them all), they just care about winning.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited May 2013
    Lol, Scrajm is always saying that veil is the most marine bias map in the competitive rotation.

EDIT: To prove my point, here's a post he made about veil a while ago.
    Scrajm wrote: »
    This is a thread for the competative scene. We do not play with less than 12, its always 12. And no, this map is not alien favoured. This is the most marine biased map of them all, and if you think otherwise, you are using the wrong strategies.

Shortening the distance from marine start to nano is a huge mistake, and would make it even easier for rines.
    We dont want that.

And if you increase the number of paths to marine start, base rushes becomes to viable.
    We dont want that either. (and wtf, if rines cant hold topo or west that game SHOULD be over)

I have heard romours about making west and topo a tech point and removing control as marine start, and in the process adding random spawns on this map for rines.

We have three maps at the moment that is playable, please dont make that only two.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    lol @ people thinking arc didn't give godar a token round...... Godar are a great team.. Arc are just well alot better.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2013
    Jekt wrote: »
    Grissi went large and killed 2 by himself. Only reason the cheese failed, dunno why no one seemed to notice. 

Yeah, that was key. Great execution/timing by him, and poor aim by us. If he hadn't succeeded in that moment, I'm 99% sure we would've won that round.

Actually, they were thinking, "Veil is an alien biased map and Godar is an incredibly skilled alien team. Let's see if we can end this quickly with a win." At least that's how Fana explained it on NS2 Showtime. I honestly don't think they care all that much if the games are "boring" or not (Fana also said that he considered round 3 to be the most boring of them all), they just care about winning.

This is pretty accurate. Playing against a good alien team with a sub-sector or cargo spawn on veil is currently almost hopeless. The strategy was picked solely by analysing what would give us the greatest chance of winning.

Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Lol, Scrajm is always saying that veil is the most marine bias map in the competitive rotation.

EDIT: To prove my point, here's a post he made about veil a while ago.

The post you just quoted is six months old and has no relevance to current gameplay. Veil was horribly marine favored at the time, but since then significant changes to gameplay and strategies have turned the situation upside-down.

RedDog wrote: »
    Ok - so I just had to make this. Archaea - I love you guys, especially you Fana. All in good fun!:P

dat armslab tho...

best armslabber eu?

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    fanatic wrote: »
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Lol, Scrajm is always saying that veil is the most marine bias map in the competitive rotation.EDIT: To prove my point, here's a post he made about veil a while ago.<br />
    The post you just quoted is six months old and has no relevance to current gameplay. Veil was horribly marine favored at the time, but since then significant changes to gameplay and strategies have turned the situation upside-down.
    Such as?