A heartfelt 'Thank You!'

RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited May 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
... to everyone I've had the pleasure of playing with over this last week. I've been playing quite a lot, as I was very ill and off work, and it was a good thing to take my mind off the sickness I had.

I've played on green servers with greens, casuals, and decent players alike. I've played on more challenging servers, I've played against some seriously good clanned players.

And I have loved every minute of it.

Just wanted to say, despite the odd post on these forums to the contrary, that the NS2 community is one of the best there is. Yes, we have a few bad eggs, but show me any community in any walk of life in the world that doesn't. One the whole, the people out there playing this game are fantastic individuals, regardless of their skill.

Furthermore, despite all the claims of woe, doom and damnation that wrack these boards, the game isn't dying. It's not even coughing and spluttering and coming out in a horrendous all-body-rash like I did this last week.

I love NS2 (don't listen to what nezz says, I never 'whine' about this game). I love the community we have, and I want it to continue to go from strength to strength.

So that's it really, just an uplifting message to UWE, to the clanned gamers, to the casual gamers, and to the newbies: keep on doing what you're doing, because it's bloody brilliant!

:)

Roo aka RooBubba aka SquelchyPants9000 (etc).

Comments

• ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    Roobubba said:
     ......the game isn't dying.....

The people who cite the ever diminishing low peak player count might have a word to say about that.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    edited May 2013
    Edit: be nice --Zaggy
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • wootwoot Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26556Members
    Agreed, NS2 is great!
  • project_demonproject_demon Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18103Members
    edited May 2013
    Res said:
    Roobubba said:
     ......the game isn't dying.....

The people who cite the ever diminishing low peak player count might have a word to say about that.
    Well they're not making things up, take a look at the Steam player stats, NS2 isn't even on the list anymore, a while ago it used to be close to the bottom. Keep in mind today is a Saturday (weekend entails more players in general). I would love for this game to be more popular, if not for the classic game mode then for its current and future mods.
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Well it's kept me busy as the exclusive game I've played for 400h since launch, and I have a young family and a 4-5h commute outside my working day. I played BF3 for about 40-50h I think, before I lost interest in that. The only game that has come close to NS2 for me in time played is BF:BC2, with 357h (bizarrely), and mainly because a big group of my friends played that for a long time.

I'm not saying that the player counts couldn't be higher. What I am saying, is that there is a niche set of people, many of whom can be found on these forums, who love NS2, who play it a lot, and who intend to continue playing it.

So I want to reiterate what I started this thread for: Thank you to those people who make it fun to play, thank you to the designers, coders, mappers, artists, organisers and publicists. Thank you to the server owners, admins, ENSL bunch, forumites, God, so many people...

Be positive, be constructive, and be helpful, and we can continue to make this a GOOD place to play games and have fun, and continue to help UWE develop and update the game so it's in better shape for the future.

Roo