UWE should ride the fail wave of Aliens:Colonial Marines

12346»

Comments

• rmbrown09rmbrown09 Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162592Members
    Petition to rename thread "Shit on Chris"
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Use to crash constantly, and only in NS2. Upped the vcore on my overclock, only 1 crash since.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Jekt wrote: »
    Use to crash constantly, and only in NS2. Upped the vcore on my overclock, only 1 crash since.
    I've found NS2 to be a better OC stress test than Prime95.

• PeppermintNightmarePeppermintNightmare Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182743Members
    Crashes were frequent and annoying pre-release, but jeez, I can't remember the last time NS2 crashed on me.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    ok thread double derailed.

probably time to close it :P
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I've had the game crash on me about fifty times. It might be because of my FRAPS usage, though. My friends have had it crash too but the frequency seems to have decreased.
  • LonewulfzaLonewulfza Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 180951Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2013
    I've had the game only crash on me once. Im not sure if all the crashes started happening and was fixed before 236 but I've only had one crash since I started playing when 236 was released.

If the crashes are fixed then surely there is no need to keep complaining about them and if they aren't fixed then it must be attributed to some specific hardware in which case its a trail and error approach.

EDIT: In fact I've had Dota2 and Battlefield 3's clients crash more on me than NS's client.
  • NammNamm Join Date: 2011-12-08 Member: 137116Members
    Performance problems, sure, but crashes? No, me neither.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Can't remember last time NS2 crashed for me. Must be many, many months ago, before the release build.
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    edited February 2013
    sooo, related to the original topic..... this guy directly compares A:CM's multiplayer to NS2. says they were desperately trying to be ns2 in mulitplayer and failed horribly at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BZpDqjAcPU&t=28m20s

not sure how to make embedded videos play from a certain time, so i just forced it into a link, since otherwise the whole 30+ min video plays
  • SceptreXSceptreX Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183174Members
    edited February 2013
    Just wanted to chime in, I know that myself and a few friends included thought it would be pretty timely for NS2 to go on sale, we were let down pretty hard by A:CM but have been looking for a fun multiplayer team game.

With all the attention being directed towards NS2 lately, I'm surprised a sale hasn't happened since the A:CM release.

It's all I'm waiting on to pull the trigger on the game.
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    Drummer wrote: »
    sooo, related to the original topic..... this guy directly compares A:CM's multiplayer to NS2. says they were desperately trying to be ns2 in mulitplayer and failed horribly at it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BZpDqjAcPU&t=28m20s

not sure how to make embedded videos play from a certain time, so i just forced it into a link, since otherwise the whole 30+ min video plays

Nevermind the NS2 comparisons, that video is a great viewpoint of how terrible A:CM is.

If you've just casually watched this A:CM failure unfold, watch that video. It's about 5 minutes of terrible, terrible game play illustrated nicely and naturally.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Honestly that guy is totally clueless lol, picks up the smart gun, whats a smart gun? Not saying the game is that good, but the multiplayer is somewhat interesting. Watching someone review the game that doesnt know what a smart gun is, or how to get the crusher/boiler is really not all that good of a review
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    xDragon wrote: »
    Honestly that guy is totally clueless lol, picks up the smart gun, whats a smart gun? Not saying the game is that good, but the multiplayer is somewhat interesting. Watching someone review the game that doesnt know what a smart gun is, or how to get the crusher/boiler is really not all that good of a review

Technically this series of him is more of a "my opinion based on initial impressions" then a proper review platform. If I had to guess...
  • Omar - The WireOmar - The Wire Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165320Members
    xDragon wrote: »
    I agree, actually.

I just think, ignoring that, the game looks absolutely terrible.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I guess, but honestly who doesnt know what the smart gun is lol... Thats probably what bugged me most.
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    SceptreX wrote: »
    Just wanted to chime in, I know that myself and a few friends included thought it would be pretty timely for NS2 to go on sale, we were let down pretty hard by A:CM but have been looking for a fun multiplayer team game.

With all the attention being directed towards NS2 lately, I'm surprised a sale hasn't happened since the A:CM release.

what are you waiting for, NS2 costs half as much as A:CM and is a better game by orders of magnitude. buy a 4pack and split it with friends.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members

This thread was meant to be a subtle hint to UWE about either a sale, a free weekend, or some kind of promotion - cause like you say, its a perfect opportunity.

On a hot day you sell cold drinks, and people sure are heated up about A:CM, and they are looking for something to quence their thirst - NS2 might just be the cold drink the are looking for.

• thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    schkorpio wrote: »

This thread was meant to be a subtle hint to UWE about either a sale, a free weekend, or some kind of promotion - cause like you say, its a perfect opportunity.

On a hot day you sell cold drinks, and people sure are heated up about A:CM, and they are looking for something to quence their thirst - NS2 might just be the cold drink the are looking for.

Go check out Hugh's post on page 2 or so..... In short, yes a sale/weekend/whatever is a good business move. I expect there will be something in the near-ish future. But to do it right now, this second, is a dick move.
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    simple solution would be to do a sale with the new Gorgeous update. or free weekend. it would still be pretty much now-ish to cash-in on people burned by A:CM, but it's clearly paired with their own big update, do it doesnt look like an intentional aggressive business move like Hugh talked about with Warfigher/CODBO2