ALT TAB - NS2?

waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members
I have looked all over and i donts a def. answer on this.

Does this game have a really hard time ALT Tabbing, from other screens? The game for me ethier crashes or just takes a long time to load back in, im running high end hardware so this shoudnt be an issue.

Is there anything i can do to allow me to ALT Tab back and forth between screens. I do alot of video work and i like to swap back and forth.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It's something that comes back sometimes. The game does have full screen windowed mode, which doesn't have this issue. But on some system, which is independent of the sheer power of the rig in question, it can reduce your FPS by a small amount.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    It's something that comes back sometimes. The game does have full screen windowed mode, which doesn't have this issue. But on some system, which is independent of the sheer power of the rig in question, it can reduce your FPS by a small amount.
    For me windowed mode borks up the whole game and makes it unplayable, not just a "small amount".

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    Just like people
    all computers are different.
    Too many emotional problems in my opinion. They always get angry if you touch them in the wrong way. ;/
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    shonan wrote: »
    For me windowed mode borks up the whole game and makes it unplayable, not just a "small amount".
    windowed fullscreen shouldn't though?
  • TrustMeImADentistTrustMeImADentist Join Date: 2013-04-27 Member: 185014Members
    If you are running your desktop and game at different resolutions, the GPU needs to reprocess everything everytime you minimize. Try running the game at the same resolution as the desktop (actually, if you have a decently modern GPU, you should be running everyhing at your monitor's native resolution. Some GPUs can detect that automatically). For example, I run everything in 1600x900.
  • shonanshonan Join Date: 2013-01-28 Member: 182562Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    shonan wrote: »
    windowed fullscreen shouldn't though?

That is what I meant, sorry for not being clearer, I have tried only that.