Nexzil Proving Grounds Tournament!

Comments

• VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    We will be having 3 different meetings tomorrow (April 18th) to cover questions that anyone may have and go over information. We'll be meeting on the ENSL.org TeamSpeak server. The first meeting will be for EU teams at 19:00 CEST. The second meeting will be for casters and refs at 5:00PM PDT/8:00PM EDT. The third meeting will be for NA/SA teams at 7:00PM PDT/ 10:00PM EDT. We'll try to make it as brief as possible. If you cannot make these times, you can always contact us through nexzilprovinggrounds@gmail.com or on steam.
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    That chick has huge bicepts
  • AiorosAioros Join Date: 2003-03-24 Member: 14850Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    i would like 2 cast the Radical game, if u need another caster :>
  • BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    Hey! Here is a small rule clarification which I've been asked a few times on steam:

For NA vs EU it will be handled in the same setup as the ENSL matchup. Marine team is favored the ping advantage, so for this event try to utilize a NY/east coast server and UK servers for EU.

In the event of EU vs SA(south america) you will be utilizing an American server. This will hopefully provide for a better experience then the alternative of fighting 300ms pings for SA to EU and vice versa. It will be the first attempt at combining the two continents so hopefully it'll work out :D
  • SoleanthiaSoleanthia Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175844Members
    Just over 2 hours left before the tourney begins! List of all casters streaming the games:
    Virsoul & Bitey -
    Blind -
    Me -
    Gohan Zeta -
    Soz - http://www.twitch.tv/ns2soz/
    Wasabione and Hugh - http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/
    Vindaloo -
    Aioros - http://www/twitch.tv/aiioross
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Good luck to all the teams! Be sure to check the Google Doc in the OP so you can watch your favorite teams' matches!
  • BiteyBitey Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151622Members, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    It's time for team check in, join the Nexzil Proving Grounds groupchat for all details. Quickly! :D

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NexzilTournaments
  • VirsoulVirsoul Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151977Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos
    edited April 2013
    All teams please make sure to check in to chat as early as possible so we can coordinate today. Also, check your scores to make sure everything is accurate so far!

We're still missing rescheduling info on a handful of games. Please work with the other teams to get a time as soon as possible.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    GG and thanks for all who participated and organized this event!
  • EastwoodEastwood BAVARIA Join Date: 2013-02-06 Member: 182861Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Outstanding work from Virsoul and Bitey! Loved Biteys face after he drunk that energy drink! =D
  • FuleFule Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67683Members
    Eastwood wrote: »
    Outstanding work from Virsoul and Bitey! Loved Biteys face after he drunk that energy drink! =D

Bitey's faces and behavior is priceless! :D Good job guys
    edited April 2013
    Last weekend was a giant success! Logistics were a bit of a hurricane, but I think that's something we can improve upon in future tournaments. Thank you to everyone who has participated so far. I made a bracket for the top 12 teams that will competing in the single-elimination tournament. I may not use the website to keep score, but so everyone has a reference to rounds/opponents here's the link: http://challonge.com/nexzilpg

The timetable for the weekend is as follows:

Best of 3
    1st Round (Tram) - Saturday (April 27th) - 14:00 EDT / 11:00 PDT / 20:00 CEST
    2nd Round (Descent) - Saturday (April 27th) - 15:00 EDT / 12:00 PDT / 21:00 CEST

Best of 5
    Semi-Finals (Summit, Veil) - Saturday (April 27th) - 16:00 EDT / 13:00 PDT / 22:00 CEST

Best of 7
    Finals (Tram, Descent, Summit) - Sunday (April 28th) - 14:00 EDT / 11:00 PDT / 20:00 CEST

Important to note, these are the times that teams are expect to be ready. Especially the first day, we are under a very strict schedule. What this means for teams is that if you do not have the necessary numbers to field a team at these times, you will forfeit if you are not ready to play. If you require mercs, it's best to find them before hand and possibly extra in case the ones you choose are not accepted by the other team(s). Due to the nature of the bracket, no rescheduling is allowed.

Keep in mind that times may be delayed due to long matches. Teams will be given a 15 minute break after a match (not between rounds) should they require it. Also, no team will be required to start matches before the assigned times for the rounds. Meaning that if a match in the 1st Round ends in 25 minutes, teams will not be required to play until 15:00 EDT.

You'll notice that rounds have been assigned a map rotation. Two rounds will be played on each map with higher seeds being allowed choice of side for first round and then, should a tie breaker round be required, a coin-flip will be used; winner of the flip will pick side and loser of the flip will pick map. Important to note that all maps used the the tournament so far are allowed, even Mineshaft since it was played the first weekend.

I wrote this in a bit of a hurry so I may have left out details that teams may require, don't hesitate to contact Bitey of myself regarding any questions you have or send an email to nexzilprovinggrounds@gmail.com
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Definitely excited for the remainder of the games. Good luck to all of the teams! :)
  • casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Hoping for an all-NA final (sorry non-NA teams)!
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Awesome, can't wait to play these!
    casan0vax wrote: »
    Hoping for an all-NA final (sorry non-NA teams)!

:(
  • sadistisadisti Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71269Members
    Hoping for a Vetus final win (sorry non-Vetus teams)!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    sadisti wrote: »
    I first read that as 'an all Vetus final' :)
  • sadistisadisti Join Date: 2010-04-09 Member: 71269Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    sadisti wrote: »
    I first read that as 'an all Vetus final' :)

Would be pretty boring I think. :D
  • blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    You handled this weekend very well! Also awesome games and good casts - love the Bitey & Virsoul duo :)

Can't wait for saturday!
  • RedDogRedDog Las Vegas Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183267Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, WC 2013 - Shadow
    This. Is. Going. To. Be. Epic.
  • BonkersBonkers Join Date: 2013-04-15 Member: 184834Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited April 2013
    Oh dear, I've only just seen this. Am hoping T.W.A.T will have a team at this time.
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Virsoul, can you hook us up with casting schedules? Gotta catch in as many games as possible :D
    Hey guys!~ Just a heads up to all teams who are going to be participating, PLEASE be present at least 30 min before the designated starting time. I'd like to get a final team check-in to decided server placement and other goodies <3

steamcommunity.com/groups/NexzilTournaments
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lets do thiiiissss!!! :D
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I hope I get to watch some games!!!!!
    bLink` wrote: »
    Watching games is forbidden, but tasting, touching, smelling or listening to them is acceptable.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    bLink` wrote: »
    Watching games is forbidden, but tasting, touching, smelling or listening to them is acceptable.

last time I licked the game I got yelled at :(