Kicking players no longer instantly remove them from the server list?

KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
edited April 2013 in Server Discussion
I have been having some trouble kicking players lately. I'm used to kicking people by their NS ID but that seemed to stop working. Eventually tried kicking by STEAM_blahblah but that also seems flakey. Anyway, tonight I think I figured out it is actually kicking the players but the names aren't being removed for quite a while.

Tonight was particularly rambunctious and I ended up re-kicking a two players repeatedly, thinking it wasn't working. Well, their response when they rejoined for the nth time made it pretty clear the kicks were working...

Playing on unmodded server, Monash#1. Using sv_status immediately and shortly (few seconds) after kicking still showed their names.

Anybody else experiencing this?

edit: names still show up in the scoreboard too.

Comments

• GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    i kicked someone a few hours ago (ns2id) and had no problems at all. his name got instantly removed. does this also happen when you kick from the webinterface ?
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    I'll give that a try.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Mind posting the relevant section of the server log then next time this happens? Kicks should both work, be instant, and give you feedback in the server log provided the syntax is correct.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    IIRC its from kicking someone thats alt tabbed, but i'm not 100% sure anymore.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Mind posting the relevant section of the server log then next time this happens? Kicks should both work, be instant, and give you feedback in the server log provided the syntax is correct.
    Good idea.
    xDragon wrote: »
    IIRC its from kicking someone thats alt tabbed, but i'm not 100% sure anymore.
    I was thinking maybe if it crashed their client it would leave a ghost connection but I think they were using console-retry to rejoin so... I'll do as Scardy suggested and check the logs if I see this again.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    Have the same problem as you Khyron, but not just on Monash. It usually works when you spam the kick several times consecutively.