ns2bans subscription tool

ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139558874

The description is wrong (in the workshop), I have to update it.

The Tool -
Downloads a list of ID's from our site , this list has been voted on and approved by a number of people and each have reviewed video submitted by someone to back up the claim. The list is public and the video (as well as the voting results ) are visible to the public.

Options: Shortly the list will be categorized and allow the server to filter out certain categories you choose. IE say you wanted "wall hacks" but not "speed hacks" - you could allow the filter to apply these and ignore the others. Once the list is categorized, this option will be working with a simple server side edit to the variable in the LUA code.

Storage of the list(Server side) : The Tool creates a new json file on the server to store the list, it will not modify your banned settings - It will only read from this new file keeping your existing bans untouched and safe. (this is what I need to update in the workshop)

At any point you can view the list on the site, scroll through the evidence for each entry on the list and see for yourself what is being applied to your server. You can also use the FORMAT BAN LIST button on the site and paste code directly into your existing ban list if you choose to pick through the list and ignore some of the entries you feel don't provide enough evidence to be on your server.

Either way - we look forward to providing a clean list , not subject to knee jerk reaction , and reviewed by as many people who have both been (or are currently) server admins and/or Pro-team players.

Comments

• ZEROibisZEROibis Join Date: 2009-10-30 Member: 69176Members, Constellation
    In addition to the voting results is it possible for us to view the evidence ourselves as well. Also is there any way to add a whitelist option so that if a server admin disagrees with a decision for a particular ban after reviewing the evidence themselves they can unban that particular user from just their server.?

Thanks for the great work on this I am very happy to see what appears to be a very open system for mass banning these dam hackers!
  • GrayWGrayW UK Join Date: 2009-12-18 Member: 69701Members
    edited April 2013
    Thanks @ma$$a$$ter

It's coming along nicely, keep up the good work.
  • tagwolftagwolf SF Bay Area Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182710Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Actually been working on this myself ns2list.com (no front end yet) :<

I have the backend mysql db done. Let me know if you'd like to work together at all.
  • tagwolftagwolf SF Bay Area Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182710Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Worst case, happy to work on a restful API to add additional bans for you. My main focus in design has been the following:

Proper Appeals Channel

False Entry Protection

Community Supported Approval / Verification
    Let us also hope that this gets the developers moving a bit faster on implementing hltv style server side demo recording so that we can start to get hard indisputable evidence of every hacker everywhere!
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    ZEROibis wrote: »
    In addition to the voting results is it possible for us to view the evidence ourselves as well. Also is there any way to add a whitelist option so that if a server admin disagrees with a decision for a particular ban after reviewing the evidence themselves they can unban that particular user from just their server.?

Thanks for the great work on this I am very happy to see what appears to be a very open system for mass banning these dam hackers!

The voting results are public yes- you can review the list piece by piece and pick and choose ID's out of the list if wanted to. This is the only current way to "whitelist" in case you disagree with a vote. You can also just take note the of the NS2ID you want to remove, press the "format ban list" and remove it from the copy/paste section. The subscription tool at the moment is subscribing to the entire "approved by the judges" list.

I appreciate all the support - this project is just in its starting stages - but as we move along we hope to get much more incorporated into it!
    Just an update

Grouping has been put into place, the submission form was updated to reflect the change, grouping will be done by "wallhack" "aimbot" "multihack" and "server troll" - the Server side subscription tool was updated to reflect the grouping, you can remove from the group inside the LUA you wish to not have added to your server. IE: if you wish to not have server trolls included in to your ban section, simply remove server trolls from the array in the LUA. Some people insist on submitting server trolls, so a special grouping was added to filter these from the cheat submissions.

the newest LUA code should have been auto-updated to your server, if not just remove it from your workshop folder and the server will auto download the newest version. I don't anticipate any updates to the LUA, as the code is now complete with the addition of the group settings.
    ensure you are running the latest - delete 1366665947 from your workshop folder
    remove NS2Bans.json from your server folder.
    allow server to change maps and update.
    Edit the LUA in 1366665947 to reflect the groups you want
    RelevantBans = { "wallhack", "aimbot", "multihacks", "troll", "NS2BANS.COM" }
    example, RelevantBans = { "wallhack", "aimbot", "multihacks", "NS2BANS.COM" } (to remove troll listings)

upon a new map change -
    BannedPlayersWeb.json will now reflect the groups that are not allowed on your server.
  • WoZeRWoZeR Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55080Members, Constellation
    You will have problem with legit players getting banned. I see it happen all the time.
    edited April 2013
    it's inevitable, the idea is to minimize this as much as possible . Happens with the best of server admins as well
    I just hope for them to get time to implement the ability to whitelist steam ids directly in the mod itself just like how you can control what groups of bans your applying.
    I just hope for them to get time to implement the ability to whitelist steam ids directly in the mod itself just like how you can control what groups of bans your applying.

That's a really neat idea actually, I will run that by the LUA guy

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    GrayW wrote: »

Here lies a victim of input sanitation.
    edited April 2013
    Update -
    Dragon provided us with an updated LUA code adding white listing

the console command sv_listns2bans was in the previous version, I just failed to notice... (epic failure on my part, sorry).

White listing will be done inside the ns2bans.json file. A white listing array has been provided, simply fill in the ID's you would like to white list as follows:
    [ "firstid", "secondid", "andmore" ]

The new LUA code will be published shortly.
    Available to everyone accept ZEROibis : * P
    edited April 2013
    ma$$a$$ter wrote: »
    The new LUA code will be published shortly.
    Available to everyone accept ZEROibis : * P
    Nooooooooooooooooo

gintama_206_02.jpg

Awesome, I can not wait to check this out now and get a build up on my live server. I have already made logs on my server public to aid in evidence for users to report with.

I just hope for the day when NS2 gets server side demo recording like hltv and sourcetv so we can have hard evidence of everyone 24/7 automatically as that is the final nail in the coffin for these bad guys so to speak lol.

Awesome, I can not wait to check this out now and get a build up on my live server. I have already made logs on my server public to aid in evidence for users to report with.

I just hope for the day when NS2 gets server side demo recording like hltv and sourcetv so we can have hard evidence of everyone 24/7 automatically as that is the final nail in the coffin for these bad guys so to speak lol.

Let me know how things are running
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    If anyone needs a admin on the UWE servers, contact Ironhorse or myself.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    edited May 2013
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Just installed the mod on server by webinterface, any howto on getting it to work and verifying it works?
    edited July 2013
    working if sv_showns2bans works
    it's relatively hands off - once installed it does it's thing. there is a white list option in the files if you needed it, but other than that, it's install and forget
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    I do see Saving config://BannedPlayersWeb.json in the server log but the sv_showns2bans command gives no output.
    bah- its sv_listns2bans sorry. been awhile